PDA

View Full Version : Explain to me this video? Fast cigar rolling.

s15driftking
12-13-2008, 09:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G4h4FQ0lKw&feature=related

Ok, here are some things that i don't understand....

Why is she putting a bunch of little pieces of tobacco into the cigar? Is that "short filler"?

And 2. ... what is that rolling technique?

I've seen alot of cigar rolling videos, but never one like that... Discuss.

BengalMan
12-13-2008, 09:09 AM
Yes, she is rolling a short filler hand rolled cigar. That's pretty much how you have to roll a short filler by hand. You cannot do a bunch or accordion roll with short filler as it would go all over the place.

RevSmoke
12-13-2008, 09:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G4h4FQ0lKw&feature=related

Ok, here are some things that i don't understand....

Why is she putting a bunch of little pieces of tobacco into the cigar? Is that "short filler"?

And 2. ... what is that rolling technique?

I've seen alot of cigar rolling videos, but never one like that... Discuss.

If you listened at the end, a guy made the comment, "That's got to be the cheapest way to make a cigar, I think."

That appeared to be a short filler cigar.

But she had a pretty slick system them. Hand-rolled short filler? hmmm...

s15driftking
12-13-2008, 09:17 AM
yeah, i heard what he noted. I just find it very unique on how it was rolled. that's gotta be something you don't just pick up over night... even though it looked like the lady sitting down was a tourist!

BengalMan
12-13-2008, 10:11 AM
There are some hand rolled, short filler, cuban cigars.

HK3-
12-13-2008, 10:25 AM
I think that was the filler and binder that will go into a mold. Later it will have the wrapper put on. :2 If not, that's got to be a phillies or something crappy like that.

Da Klugs
12-13-2008, 10:43 AM
The dont show them sweeping the floor to get all the lil pieces that they threw in the middle. The "grab blend"... :r

stearns
12-13-2008, 10:47 AM
The dont show them sweeping the floor to get all the lil pieces that they threw in the middle. The "grab blend"... :r

how do you think they get that complexity in there? its crazy how the flavor changes as it goes... almost like there are different types of tobacco in there:D

stearns

RevSmoke
12-13-2008, 10:57 AM
I think that was the filler and binder that will go into a mold. Later it will have the wrapper put on. :2 If not, that's got to be a phillies or something crappy like that.

Sorry, not even close to a phillies or "something crappy" like that.

Many of the nasty mass produced cigars that many eschew are rolled with a processed binder and/or wrapper - tobacco ground very fine and made into a sort of paper which is then used as wrapper and/or binder.

Don't knock the short-filled cigars. There are numerous such out there that are actually very good. Not to mention the mixed filler cigars - cigars made with whole leaf and mixed filler (many perfecto shapes are made this way to et the bulging middle).

Imagine the end clippings from AF Anejos, RP OWRs, Pepins, Padillas, etc... What is done with them? They are made into short fill or mixed filled cigars. And, if hand-rolled with genuine whole-leaf binders and wrappers, they make mighty good cigars.

Many of the mass-produced, machine made cigars though are indeed nasty. Mostly because of what kind of tobacco is used, not because it is short or long, but just because it is nasty.