View Full Version : Man O' War Ruination Belicoso Review

Outlaw God
06-26-2013, 11:09 AM
Retail: $5-11
5.75"x56

Prelight: Sweet cedar, dirty hay

1st 1/3
Sweet and creamy start, nice chocolate and coffee through the retrohale
I've been letting this one rest and the pepper is in the background, love that.
Perfect draw and burn so far, I'm smoking this MOW only with coffee no food.
Hints of wood and spice begin and very creamy, tons of smoke coming off this cigar.

2nd 1/3
As strong as this cigar is, the aroma is intoxicating, almost sweet.
The notes are rich leather and earth, mixed with the wood and spice and very smooth.

When I was a boy my uncle would smoke fine cigars that would give off these memorable aromas for me, how it takes me back.

I would stay by him and pop flowers called "dark eyes fuchsia" (pic below)
He would take that great bouquet smoke out of his mouth and yell at me to Stop popping those flowers! lol.

Final 1/3
The spice has mellowed, flavors have changed a bit.
Not as rich and the leather is not nearly as strong.
Now more earth with toasty/charred wood and some strong coffee but still enjoyable.
Burn staying straight with still lots of room filling smoke, the full body of this cigar didn't upset my empty stomach at all.

If you like full bodied, full flavored smokes with spice, I recommend you pick up some of these.
I got a half box of them I love them that much.
well worth the $11.00/stick and at $5.00 it is a steal.
Interesting how the Man O' War Ruination Robusto #2 smoked so much different then the Belicoso. The Robusto #2 was more peppery and not as pleasant to me. Robusto #2 review to fallow
Smoke time 1 1/2 hr
Score 9 out of 10

dijit
06-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Retail: $5-11
5.75"x56

Prelight: Sweet cedar, dirty hay

1st 1/3
Sweet and creamy start, nice chocolate and coffee through the retrohale
I've been letting this one rest and the pepper is in the background, love that.
Perfect draw and burn so far, I'm smoking this MOW only with coffee no food.
Hints of wood and spice begin and very creamy, tons of smoke coming off this cigar.

2nd 1/3
As strong as this cigar is, the aroma is intoxicating, almost sweet.
The notes are rich leather and earth, mixed with the wood and spice and very smooth.

When I was a boy my uncle would smoke fine cigars that would give off these memorable aromas for me, how it takes me back.

I would stay by him and pop flowers called "dark eyes fuchsia" (pic below)
He would take that great bouquet smoke out of his mouth and yell at me to Stop popping those flowers! lol.

Final 1/3
The spice has mellowed, flavors have changed a bit.
Not as rich and the leather is not nearly as strong.
Now more earth with toasty/charred wood and some strong coffee but still enjoyable.
Burn staying straight with still lots of room filling smoke, the full body of this cigar didn't upset my empty stomach at all.

If you like full bodied, full flavored smokes with spice, I recommend you pick up some of these.
I got a half box of them I love them that much.
well worth the $11.00/stick and at $5.00 it is a steal.
Interesting how the Man O' War Ruination Robusto #2 smoked so much different then the Belicoso. The Robusto #2 was more peppery and not as pleasant to me. Robusto #2 review to fallow
Smoke time 1 1/2 hr
Score 9 out of 10

Thanks for the review. I have not tried the belicoso but very much enjoy the robusto. That could be because I really like pepper flavors and spices. Next time I see a sale on these I am all over it.

MrClean
06-26-2013, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the review Daniel, I don't think I've tried a MoW that I haven't enjoyed. I think they do tend to mellow just a touch if you let them rest for awhile. I've had them both fresh and after a year in the humi, both have been very enjoyable. The side projects are really good too.

Outlaw God
06-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Weird how the robusto comes across as that to me too