PDA

View Full Version : A Good Tight End Is Hard To Find...

shilala
06-21-2013, 08:56 AM
With Hernandez going down the Plaxico/Vick chute, and Gronk going through weekly surgeries, It looks like Tony Gonzales is the King this year.
If Jimmy Graham isn't still hobbled and the Saints get it together, he might have a good year.

I'm just starting to figure out a TE for FF this year. It's such a tough position to fill and it seems it's always the one position that makes or breaks a team for the week. Or at least my teams.

Who do you guys think will break away from the pack this year? Any hope for some of the rookies?

E.J.
06-21-2013, 09:13 AM
Maybe Vernon Davis....

Coach Deg
06-21-2013, 09:47 AM
I think you should take kellen Winslow or mike ditka! Ill even let you take one in 3rd round!!!!

rennD
06-21-2013, 09:47 AM
The thread title is misleading :r

The Poet
06-21-2013, 09:57 AM
The thread title is misleading :r

Indeed it is, but true regardless of interpretation. :tu

What about Tim Tebow? :D

organgrinder
06-21-2013, 10:02 AM
I was expecting a completely different conversation here

jetsman2806
06-21-2013, 10:04 AM
there are a few guys in the middle of the pack who could break out.

my eyes are on Kyle Rudolph in Minny and Tyler Eifret in Cincy. Even Martellus Bennett in Chicago could be intriguing.

OLS
06-21-2013, 10:06 AM
With Hernandez going down the Plaxico/Vick chute...
CHUTE..........lol. You betcha.

New Orleans keeps saying they really love Jimmy Graham, and I have to say that
he is certainly CAPABLE of being great, but WHAT BAD HABITS. He catches the
ball like a kid in youth football, against the pads or worse. ON BALANCE, he is
a damn good tight end in a league that seems to find them hard to come by,
but I get sick of having to justify all his bad qualities by saying "He's not bad,
and he makes slightly more good plays than bad ones" or "it could always be worse".

OLS
06-21-2013, 10:08 AM
I was expecting a completely different conversation here

With a name like Organ Ginder, what else did we expect....:rolleyes: :D

OLS
06-21-2013, 10:10 AM
What about Tim Tebow? :D

This is NOT an entirely bad suggestion. To say he can't catch is likely not true,
although we don't know much about that, do we? And having BEEN a QB, I think
he understands both the meaning of "I'm OPEN" and how to run a route that a
QB can actually use. He ain't no slouch on the physical dimension. I would not
be the least surprised to see this happen. Maybe in his first years, he could stand
up and say, "NO, I will not do that, I am a QB." Now I think he is happy/lucky to
have a JOB.

dave
06-21-2013, 10:13 AM
I say do away with FFB TE. Has always been a crapshoot. Been a couple years when one or three guys completely destroyed the field - but rarely predictable. It's the one skill position where non-stat attributes are almost always more important than yards/TD's. I've always hated the position.

Blueface
06-21-2013, 10:41 AM
I have a very good tight end.
Who knows, maybe I can become a wide receiver.:r:r:r. NOT!

The Poet
06-21-2013, 10:48 AM
I have a very good tight end.
Who knows, maybe I can become a wide receiver.:r:r:r. NOT!

Is that how you got blue face? :r

As for Tebow, I wasn't totally joking. Hey, I don't like the guy as a QB, but he is a hoss. And I am not the biggest NFL fan around, but I am an Amurrikan, so I knows me a little football.

shilala
06-21-2013, 10:55 AM
I think you should take kellen Winslow or mike ditka! Ill even let you take one in 3rd round!!!!
OOooo!!!
I saw Winslow jr. got a contract for this year. Dolphins?

I say do away with FFB TE. Has always been a crapshoot. Been a couple years when one or three guys completely destroyed the field - but rarely predictable. It's the one skill position where non-stat attributes are almost always more important than yards/TD's. I've always hated the position.
I don't think it's any worse than the top 3 qb's. You've got the big 3, then all the rest. You know who they'll be, so that's a bit different than the TE position.
I draft a TE high. It's a big part of winning. You can fill WR and RB with FA's who come off the bench to replace injured starters, but TE is a zero-depth position in FF.
Jimmy Graham hurt me last year, but helped when it mattered.

Stephen
06-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Who do you guys think will break away from the pack this year? Any hope for some of the rookies?
The answer to this question is Lennay Kekua.

organgrinder
06-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Seriously though the packers haven't had a decent tight end since Mark Chmura
Finley is a choke artist with bad hands
we would be happy to trade a receiver for one of yours though

Sweet_Leaf_PDX
06-27-2013, 12:47 PM
Maybe Vernon Davis....

I like Vernon Davis, but I have heard that the 49ers might also be using him as slot receiver this year.