PDA

View Full Version : Tebow to the Pats

icehog3
06-10-2013, 04:24 PM
The New England Patriots will sign Tim Tebow, league sources told ESPN.

The Patriots are signing Tebow, who is expected to participate in the team's mandatory minicamp Tuesday, as a quarterback, according to sources.

The move reunites Tebow with Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, who was the Broncos' head coach when Denver traded into the first round to draft the Heisman Trophy winner in 2010.

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick often has spoken with admiration for Tebow's versatility, intelligence and character. Belichick covets what he has described as tough, smart, versatile football players.

Let the Tebow hating begin. :rolleyes:

oooo35980
06-10-2013, 04:27 PM
I'm glad the guy found a place to go, maybe there won't be too much drama for the Pats. I wonder if he'll be second or third string.

kelmac07
06-10-2013, 04:34 PM
Glad to see he finally has a place to hang his helmet. Let's be honest, with Brady around, he's only getting "mop-up time" at QB.

FUEL
06-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Good he deserves it IMO!

Coach Deg
06-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Good guy. Hopefully he will play an H-back TE role and have a good career.

longknocker
06-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Hopefully Tebow Will Be Happy There. He's A Great Kid & Deserves A Realistic Chance.:tu

Bruins Fan
06-10-2013, 07:16 PM
He will never make it out of training camp?

BHalbrooks
06-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Probably the best place for him. Bill doesn't play that media game Rex Ryan does. He'll also destroy any reporter who tries to make a big deal out of anything. I don't see Tebow staying a QB. Some think it'll get buried in the depth chart, but I don't see them signing someone who could cause such a headache just as another QB. They're the Pats, who have a ton of extra cash to work with...

maninblack
06-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Good to see this. He deserves a chance.

DaBear
06-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Belicheck is probably the only coach crazy and good enough to make this work

icehog3
06-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Took 'til post #7 for the first hater to come out....Congrats, John! Go Tebow! Go Blackhawks! :lr

BHalbrooks
06-10-2013, 08:08 PM
The Blackhawks will probably sign him if the Pats don't work out :r

CamoFlogged
06-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Good for Tebow! I don't think he will end up a QB but Belichick is the perfect coach for him. Glad he is getting another chance for sure.

Amazes me how much hate this guy gets...

icehog3
06-10-2013, 08:13 PM

He could probably knock Lucic out. ;)

Bruins Fan
06-10-2013, 08:27 PM

Yep for sure Hawks don't have anyone tuff enough to do it.:r

The Hawks will be playing a real Hockey team not like the soft cupcake in the west -(P

B's in six :D

BHalbrooks
06-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Amazes me how much hate this guy gets...
Lighting rod for hate.
I do not understand the joke. lol

icehog3
06-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Yep for sure Hawks don't have anyone tuff enough to do it.:r

The Hawks will be playing a real Hockey team not like the soft cupcake in the west -(P

B's in six :D

Lucic is tough, give you that much.

Cupcakes in the West, that's rich. Will see who's covered in frosting in a couple weeks. ;)

Bruins Fan
06-10-2013, 08:51 PM
I can hardly wait until Wednesday :banger

pnoon
06-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Took 'til post #7 for the first hater to come out....Congrats, John! Go Tebow! Go Blackhawks! :lr

Not a Tebow fan for a couple of reasons.

I think he's way overrated. Good player. Not a great player. He should do well in NE.
I don't care for anyone who uses their celebrity to preach their personal religious and/or political beliefs. He's a football player. Period. He should talk football. Many Hollywood folks feel the need to speak about politics. They should all STFU about everything except their craft/profession.

Now that being said, it is refreshing to see a sports celebrity with character and integrity. A decent role model for young people. With all the thuggery, criminals, and gangsta BS in sports, I admire Tebow as a man because I believe he is someone who truly cares about others.

AdamJoshua
06-10-2013, 08:59 PM
As a Raiders fan (waits for snickering to die down), I'm glad to see him to go the Pats, they deserve him. :D

BHalbrooks
06-10-2013, 09:00 PM
I like how Brian Dawkins approached his religion. He had absolutely no problem talking about, and spreading his love for God, and his religion... But when it was time for Football, that's all he talked about for the most part.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

icehog3
06-11-2013, 12:23 AM
Peter, I humbly disagree with a couple of your points. Or disagree with one, and take issue with another.

If Tebow is overrated, that is the work of others, the media, etc...Tebow doesn't "rate" himself. No reason to dislike him because others think he is better than he may be, at the NFL level.

As far at actors/athletes, etc, only talking about their profession...by that logic, I should only talk publically about law enforcement, and should keep my political/religious/etc views quiet. I humbly disagree, but will defend to the death your right to your opinion, 'cause I loves ya.

FUEL
06-11-2013, 12:39 AM
Hopefully Tebow Will Be Happy There. He's A Great Kid & Deserves A Realistic Chance.:tu

Nice to see that others feel this way too. Let his talent or lack thereof speak for him instead of everything else in the BS world that surrounds him.

The kids got the talent to play NFL ball, its just a matter of him getting the chance, a chance at length.

FUEL
06-11-2013, 12:41 AM

You didn't see the tweet with that clause in his contract? *Heading to Google Images*

FUEL
06-11-2013, 12:46 AM
Peter, I humbly disagree with a couple of your points. Or disagree with one, and take issue with another.

If Tebow is overrated, that is the work of others, the media, etc...Tebow doesn't "rate" himself. No reason to dislike him because others think he is better than he may be, at the NFL level.

As far at actors/athletes, etc, only talking about their profession...by that logic, I should only talk publically about law enforcement, and should keep my political/religious/etc views quiet. I humbly disagree, but will defend to the death your right to your opinion, 'cause I loves ya.
Tom I like this part, "If Tebow is overrated, that is the work of others, the media, etc...Tebow doesn't "rate" himself. No reason to dislike him because others think he is better than he may be, at the NFL level."

I agree.

As far as the rest, I don't know Peter so I can't speak for him, but I'm sure Brian would agree, there are times when we all wished you would only talk about LE :ss

-(P
J. to bed!

:salute: all!

icehog3
06-11-2013, 12:48 AM
As far as the rest, I don't know Peter so I can't speak for him, but I'm sure Brian would agree, there are times when we all wished you would only talk about LE -(P

Well played, James, well played. :lr

mosesbotbol
06-11-2013, 05:53 AM
No way will Tebow be slotted to a QB role. Ryan Mallett is the next Pats QB unless something happens to him. He is like a Brady in training who was like a Bledsoe in training. Pats have a model for QB and Tebow does not fit.

Any word on how much Tebow is getting paid? He has a good worth ethic, has played for two of Pats biggest rivals and should bring a lot playbook intelligence with him. I think he'll do well with whatever the Pats assign him. He'll sell shirts as well.

FUEL
06-11-2013, 06:29 AM
No way will Tebow be slotted to a QB role. Ryan Mallett is the next Pats QB unless something happens to him. He is like a Brady in training who was like a Bledsoe in training. Pats have a model for QB and Tebow does not fit.

Any word on how much Tebow is getting paid? He has a good worth ethic, has played for two of Pats biggest rivals and should bring a lot playbook intelligence with him. I think he'll do well with whatever the Pats assign him. He'll sell shirts as well.

I could have sworn I read last night that they were going to shop Mallett around now.

I also thought of the merchandise aspect. Pats are a good team and unlike Denver & the Jets they actually want him. This is make or break time and hopefully he gets a fair shot & sits behind Brady for a few years and learns a ton. I think he's in a good position.

Any word on contract length? I don't think cares what gets played he is just happy to be wanted still in the NFL.

pnoon
06-11-2013, 06:31 AM

So let me clarify because I don't disagree with your disagreement.

To the first point, maybe I should say I don't like hearing about Tebow. I agree that is it not him who promotes his skills.

To the second point, I don't believe you should use your work "platform" to discuss these other views. Outside of work is different. Do you promote your views to others during gatherings at work? Of course not. My point is that when Tebow is being given exposure by, say, ESPN, he's got no reason to get into religion or politics. (An interview to discuss them specifically excluded) Same with movie/TV stars. At awards shows and interviews about their work, the other stuff has no place.

And I luvz ya too, Brother.

FUEL
06-11-2013, 06:37 AM
So let me clarify because I don't disagree with your disagreement.

To the first point, maybe I should say I don't like hearing about Tebow. I agree that is it not him who promotes his skills.

To the second point, I don't believe you should use your work "platform" to discuss these other views. Outside of work is different. Do you promote your views to others during gatherings at work? Of course not. My point is that when Tebow is being given exposure by, say, ESPN, he's got no reason to get into religion or politics. (An interview to discuss them specifically excluded) Same with movie/TV stars. At awards shows and interviews about their work, the other stuff has no place.

And I luvz ya too, Brother.

Question on that theory. So does it upset you or do you oppose when a player is interviewed after a game say, and says something along the lines of "I want to thank God for blah blah blah," when players gather on the field after a game and pray in the middle of the field or score a touchdown and point to the sky?"

Not ragging on you Pete nor have malicious intent, just a friendly Q&A. :tu

Bruins Fan
06-11-2013, 06:37 AM
I'm not hating on the guy, he will just never stick as a QB?
From articles I have read he is dyslexic, coaches had to repeat the plays 4 or 5 times and used flash cards to keep him focused.
Tebow also led the league in delay of game penalty's... that will never fly in NE plus he can't throw.
I just can't see what the plans are for this guy?

FUEL
06-11-2013, 06:50 AM
I'm not hating on the guy, he will just never stick as a QB?
From articles I have read he is dyslexic, coaches had to repeat the plays 4 or 5 times and used flash cards to keep him focused.
Tebow also led the league in delay of game penalty's... that will never fly in NE plus he can't throw.
I just can't see what the plans are for this guy?

I don't remember whom he has been training with in the off season but it was a former NFL QB if I'm not mistaken and he stated after just a few days of watching and analyzing him he corrected his footwork and after a few weeks he dramatically improved. Might just end up being a career back up. Time will tell I guess!

pnoon
06-11-2013, 06:54 AM
Question on that theory. So does it upset you or do you oppose when a player is interviewed after a game say, and says something along the lines of "I want to thank God for blah blah blah," when players gather on the field after a game and pray in the middle of the field or score a touchdown and point to the sky?"

Not ragging on you Pete nor have malicious intent, just a friendly Q&A. :tu

No offense taken. And I'm not "upset" by it.

"I want to thank God for blah blah blah," - I don't believe God had anything to do with their performance. Is God involved when an error is made or a pass is dropped?

Praying on the field after a game - no issue with that.

Pointing to the sky after a touchdown or home run - don't care for that. More because I think it's showboating. Silent thought and recognition would accomplish the same thing.

I respect everyone's religion and faith. But I also believe it is a personal thing and the media should not be used as an opportunity to interject (political or religious) beliefs.

Some may not see logic or consistency in my thoughts. But that is how I feel/react. But through civil discourse and exchange of opinions I learn and possibly change my perspectives as I grow. I don't buy into the "I'm too old and set in my ways" school of thinking.

FUEL
06-11-2013, 07:05 AM
No offense taken. And I'm not "upset" by it.

"I want to thank God for blah blah blah," - I don't believe God had anything to do with their performance. Is God involved when an error is made or a pass is dropped?

Praying on the field after a game - no issue with that.

Pointing to the sky after a touchdown or home run - don't care for that. More because I think it's showboating. Silent thought and recognition would accomplish the same thing.

I respect everyone's religion and faith. But I also believe it is a personal thing and the media should not be used as an opportunity to interject (political or religious) beliefs.

Some may not see logic or consistency in my thoughts. But that is how I feel/react. But through civil discourse and exchange of opinions I learn and possibly change my perspectives as I grow. I don't buy into the "I'm too old and set in my ways" school of thinking.

I know Pete it's just that we don't know each other well yet and I didn't want you to think I was trolling or bating you that's all. I respect what you posted and agree about the media and religion and without making it a political post hence why I strongly believe in "separation of church and state" and will leave it at that to go no further =)

In regards to the your statement about praying on the field being "ok" with you are you simply kosher (no pun intended lol) to it as its not a "personal" provocation towards religion?

No harm no foul and apologize if I thread jacked or took this one further than forum rules allow.

FUEL
06-11-2013, 07:09 AM
Oh and the show boating thing I totally am with you on. We joked at the office about that when guys like Jared Allen go over the top celebrating a tackle as everytime I make a fax or send an email I don't get up from my desk and run to the middle of the office and "lasso" the fax machine.

elderboy02
06-11-2013, 07:16 AM
Nice review

dunng
06-11-2013, 07:30 AM
I am interested to see what happens... :mh

stearns
06-11-2013, 07:32 AM
While i despise all the junk that travels with tebow everywhere he goes, mainly the media and their desparate attempts to constantly make a story surrounding him, i think he has some skills that can't be overlooked. I had a friend that saw him eventually coming to the patriots when he was first out of school, going on about how he will fit well in the system. i believed him, but wasn't necessarily looking forward to that day. now it has come, and it's going to be interesting to see what happens. If the plan is to keep him around for the longish term, i hope they sit him the whole season and have him work on patriot's fundamentals. that will give both the media and tebow a chance to cool down (not that he got too hot over in new york). Additionally, i like what Moses said about playbook intelligence, hadn't thought about that.

With all that being said, i never question the hooded one until i see it play out. like every year, this is gonna be an interesting season, can't wait to sit back and watch it all unfold :po

kugie
06-11-2013, 07:55 AM
While i despise all the junk that travels with tebow everywhere he goes, mainly the media and their desparate attempts to constantly make a story surrounding him, i think he has some skills that can't be overlooked. I had a friend that saw him eventually coming to the patriots when he was first out of school, going on about how he will fit well in the system. i believed him, but wasn't necessarily looking forward to that day. now it has come, and it's going to be interesting to see what happens. If the plan is to keep him around for the longish term, i hope they sit him the whole season and have him work on patriot's fundamentals. that will give both the media and tebow a chance to cool down (not that he got too hot over in new york). Additionally, i like what Moses said about playbook intelligence, hadn't thought about that.

With all that being said, i never question the hooded one until i see it play out. like every year, this is gonna be an interesting season, can't wait to sit back and watch it all unfold :po

:tpd:

It could be real interesting.

And if he doesn't fit in to the system then he will be released and nothing will be lost.

icehog3
06-11-2013, 08:23 AM
Nice review

Tebow wins! Tebow wins! :banger :D :banger :D

More your speed, Dan? :lr

jonharky
06-11-2013, 09:58 AM
The onion news reported that tebow was their new long snapper :)

Blueface
06-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Glad he found a home.

shilala
06-11-2013, 12:48 PM
I was very surprised when I heard Tebow was a Patriot.
Then I thought "what a perfect place for it to work". If there is a coach or organization in the world that can squash the zoo that is the media, Belichek and the Pats are it.
Tebow now has a team behind him and people who believe in him and will work with him. He's got to get better, and downright good.

I'm sort of directly opposite in thought as Peter on Tebow constantly speaking on his Faith. I love it. It directly counters all the nasty stuff that's on the radio, tv, etc. If he can draw one person to God and they're happier for it, I think he's given a huge gift. If his platform allows him to bring happiness to lots and lots of people, that's even better. Folks don't have to be moved by anything he says or does, either.

Believe it or not, he does talk football, too. I've heard him do it lots of times. :)
Last year he wasn't even a ball player. This year I think we'll hear a lot more about his football career because he may actually have one in the offing. Elway didn't even want him, so he didn't get much stroke the year before last, either.

On the "showboating", I'd far rather see a guy express humility by blessing himself, pointing to the sky then congratulating his teammates, than doing front flips into the endzone, flexing, dancing and taunting like he did it all when it took a team.
When a guy gives God the credit, he's thanking Him for the ability and the grace to make the play, not that God ran him in like a puppet to win a bet. :)
I'm okay with either way for the most part, I just like the humility better.