PDA

View Full Version : God, Viaje and overpriced Secret Sauce

the jiggler
05-19-2013, 11:59 AM
I commented on another thread (new nc purchase) about how stupid expensive the event only Viaje "Secret Sauce" cigar I purchased yesterday was ($17.95 before tax).

James weighed in with a comment about how (paraphrasing) he thought that was a little high for a Viaje which are hit or miss.

I arrived at church this morning, walked into the auditorium I saw this:

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/The_jiggler/IMAG0112_zpsf28ca5d7.jpg (http://s1063.photobucket.com/user/The_jiggler/media/IMAG0112_zpsf28ca5d7.jpg.html)

Rofl. I love it when the Creator of the Universe (and humor and irony) blesses me in simple, silly little ways.

Of course the sermon was about things that we think will make us happy and actually don't so I am not sure what to make of it. I am, however, enjoying trying to figure out if God also thinks Viaje's are hit or miss.

Everybody have a blessed day.

Remo
05-19-2013, 12:03 PM
Now that is crazy and funny :tu

Fordman4ever
05-19-2013, 12:05 PM
That's pretty funny

FUEL
05-19-2013, 12:15 PM
Hahaha that is great! Funny how a comment I made, a complete and random stranger a thousand miles away, can make you think of someone. That happens to me a lot.

I joke with people that I was an early bloomer in that I found the Internets in its infancy back in 1989 / 1990ish, shortly after Al Gore invented in. In doing that I have now met over 500 people in person, I met online, out of the state of MN, in 13 different states. One reason that happens to me a lot.

Since a series of traumatic (to me anyways) events happened very close together impacted my life from Sept 2011 to Dec 2011 I have undergone what I call "revolution - evolution" and that sermon and your quote "the sermon was about things that we think will make us happy and actually don't" holds so much truth. I've done a complete 180 with my life and continue to evolve as a human being to live my life for the right reasons set forth by God. I'm not a bible thumper type but his divine intervention at that time solidified several things in me.

True belief in that everything happens for a reason and that God will never give you more than you can handle.

And as much as I hate to inject Hollywood into God/faith/spirituality/a higher power but its related to the sermon you heard and my revolution - evolution the movie "Fight Club" has several powerful quotes that hold so much truth. "The things you own end up owning you" and "Its only after you have lost everything that you're free to do anything."

That and I love this scene where Brad Pitt goes off on a rant:

"Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. G-damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy sh!t we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

maninblack
05-19-2013, 12:57 PM
That's funny. The universe is trying to tell you something.

RevSmoke
05-21-2013, 09:47 AM
I commented on another thread (new nc purchase) about how stupid expensive the event only Viaje "Secret Sauce" cigar I purchased yesterday was ($17.95 before tax).

James weighed in with a comment about how (paraphrasing) he thought that was a little high for a Viaje which are hit or miss.

I arrived at church this morning, walked into the auditorium I saw this:

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/The_jiggler/IMAG0112_zpsf28ca5d7.jpg (http://s1063.photobucket.com/user/The_jiggler/media/IMAG0112_zpsf28ca5d7.jpg.html)

Rofl. I love it when the Creator of the Universe (and humor and irony) blesses me in simple, silly little ways.

Of course the sermon was about things that we think will make us happy and actually don't so I am not sure what to make of it. I am, however, enjoying trying to figure out if God also thinks Viaje's are hit or miss.

Everybody have a blessed day.

Cannot speak for God on this one as He's been silent on this issue, but I can speak as one who ministers in His name - they are more miss than hit. (at least to my taste buds.) :2

the jiggler
05-21-2013, 09:46 PM
Cannot speak for God on this one as He's been silent on this issue, but I can speak as one who ministers in His name - they are more miss than hit. (at least to my taste buds.) :2

That's the beauty of the body, we can't all be eyeballs. As one who also ministers in His name, I'd say they are batting better than 500.

Weelok
05-21-2013, 10:57 PM
I like about half of the Viaje blends and find the half I don't like too strong for my palate. That being said, I love the variety and creativity in his blends. Now if he would only make more 50/50 Reds and Blacks.

Angry_Pirate
05-22-2013, 01:04 AM
Wow that is crazy!!

the jiggler
05-22-2013, 04:55 AM
I like about half of the Viaje blends and find the half I don't like too strong for my palate. That being said, I love the variety and creativity in his blends. Now if he would only make more 50/50 Reds and Blacks.

He told me they are coming back this year! It's his most difficult blend, so the rollers are not happy about it. He said it requires tweezers to get the two different fillers in the right proportions.

kelmac07
05-22-2013, 05:22 AM
Divine intervention or not, I'm a HUGE fan of Viaje cigars. Have been since day #1. :2

RevSmoke
05-22-2013, 06:57 AM
That's the beauty of the body, we can't all be eyeballs. As one who also ministers in His name, I'd say they are batting better than 500.

Did I know you are a pastor too, and I just forgot?

One of the things I enjoy about cigars is the variety. While I may not like some sticks, others LOVE them. And my favorite cigars may be the next guy's blehhh stick.

If we all liked the same sticks, the sticks we like would all become HTFs (if they aren't already).

Peace of the Lord be with you.

DaBear
05-22-2013, 07:18 AM
He told me they are coming back this year! It's his most difficult blend, so the rollers are not happy about it. He said it requires tweezers to get the two different fillers in the right proportions.

Wait, these were actually hard to come by? We've had like half a box of each size and blend in the humidor for ages now.

the jiggler
05-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Did I know you are a pastor too, and I just forgot?

You didn't know and didn't forget because I am not ordained :). I'm involved in ministry in a number of different areas of life but spend most of my time making tents. I love my pastors and my father in law is a pastor so I have the utmost respect for those who minister full time but I don't limit my definition of ministering in His name to those who are ordained.

RevSmoke
05-22-2013, 12:48 PM
You didn't know and didn't forget because I am not ordained :). I'm involved in ministry in a number of different areas of life but spend most of my time making tents. I love my pastors and my father in law is a pastor so I have the utmost respect for those who minister full time but I don't limit my definition of ministering in His name to those who are ordained.

Yes, there are many ways of serving the Lord, this is indeed true.

Weelok
05-22-2013, 09:47 PM
Wait, these were actually hard to come by? We've had like half a box of each size and blend in the humidor for ages now.

Wait, what!!!!!! Where do you work as it is time to help resolve your inventory problem.

Ratters
05-23-2013, 12:36 AM

I think that one is a bit more of fact than faith. ;)

FUEL
05-23-2013, 05:25 PM
I think that one is a bit more of fact than faith. ;)
Humbly agree.

And not to get too far off track or hijack your thread...its not as if they are ever easy, but going to a very rough funeral tomorrow for a friend so any prayers of strength and continued guidance and direction from the Lord would sure help. Thank you.

=)

G G
05-23-2013, 05:35 PM
For me, although God has blessed me in big ways I am always humbled in the little things that He does cause it serves to remind me that He cares even in the smallest of things. Thanks for posting that.

oldforge
06-02-2013, 08:48 AM
synchronicity

Arthur Koestler wrote a book about it.

The Police sang a song about it.

Nobody understands it.