PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of Herrera Estili?

Blocky Patel
05-15-2013, 09:44 PM
Disclaimer: mods, I will gladly submit to protocol if you prefer I don't start threads like this and instead post in the 'cigar I smoked today' thread. However, I don't see that thread as a discussion of cigars thread, merely a "check this out" thread.

Anyway, I stop by my B&M shop today and they have a "New Arrival" sign up in the humidor along with a laminated print out of Cigar Aficionado ratings of Herrera Estili (Nicaragua) and it got a 93. Now, I had never heard of it, not sure who grows it, etc (I'm about to do some research) but I bought a handful, and man, it is really, really good so far. Nice and taught, good draw, slow burning, a bit of burn on my tongue, medium body. Highly recommended.

Blocky Patel
05-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Ah, here we go: Drew Estate. That explains it.

http://cigarnubs.com/2013/03/28/herrera-esteli-review/

BHalbrooks
05-15-2013, 09:54 PM
Disclaimer: mods, I will gladly submit to protocol if you prefer I don't start threads like this and instead post in the 'cigar I smoked today' thread. However, I don't see that thread as a discussion of cigars thread, merely a "check this out" thread.

Anyway, I stop by my B&M shop today and they have a "New Arrival" sign up in the humidor along with a laminated print out of Cigar Aficionado ratings of Herrera Estili (Nicaragua) and it got a 93. Now, I had never heard of it, not sure who grows it, etc (I'm about to do some research) but I bought a handful, and man, it is really, really good so far. Nice and taught, good draw, slow burning, a bit of burn on my tongue, medium body. Highly recommended.

I've seen them on here a little bit, on Facebook, instagram, etc. Heard they're tasty. Nobody I speak to consistently has reviewed on if I recall correctly.

Blocky Patel
05-15-2013, 10:05 PM
Check the link I posted. The review there is remarkably similar to my experience with the smoke.

BHalbrooks
05-15-2013, 10:08 PM
Already had :tu

Blocky Patel
05-15-2013, 10:47 PM
Halfway through this stick and the foot is just as square as when I lit it. A great experience so far. Even with my inexperienced palate I can say the 93 rating is consistent.

czerbe
05-16-2013, 06:42 AM
Willie is the Man!!! that is all

ksknnr
05-16-2013, 06:59 AM
I can't seem to find these at my local places or online. Any one know where to get these online?

dave
05-16-2013, 07:37 AM
First three places I just looked all appear to have on hand: Emersons, SmokeInn, SmallBatch

equetefue
05-16-2013, 07:40 AM
Had a couple of them from a pre-release event at local Coronas, and they are pretty good for sure.

ksknnr
05-16-2013, 07:42 AM
First three places I just looked all appear to have on hand: Emersons, SmokeInn, SmallBatch

thanks Dave,
I should have looked harder, I usually just check CI and famous.

thanks for the info, I will have to give these a try,

dave
05-16-2013, 07:47 AM
No sweat. I've poured a lot of cash into those two big guys. But I've been a lot happier since I've gotten away from them more.

MarkinAZ
05-16-2013, 07:49 AM
I can't seem to find these at my local places or online. Any one know where to get these online?

...and here:

http://www.seriouscigars.com/Herrera-Esteli_Cigars_list (http://www.seriouscigars.com/Herrera-Esteli_Cigars_list)

lilninjabuddy
05-16-2013, 07:49 AM
Stellar cigar that nicely fills a gap in the DE lineup.

irratebass
05-16-2013, 09:25 AM
I was given and smoked one by The Jigger (Craig) awesome smoke would like more

Frank-D-Tank
05-16-2013, 11:54 AM
I pretty much agree with the link, I was expecting something similar to a LP, and it wasn't. But I was not disappointed, still enjoyed the smoke. Definitely worth a try.

Blueface
05-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Willie Herrera of El Titan de Bronze.
Great guy.

Jefft72
05-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Side note:
As I recall he (Willie Herrara) was also the blender responsible for the original Cremo line (out of the Titan de Bronze factory). I really enjoyed the couple of Cremo originals that I tried.

Beagleone
05-16-2013, 08:24 PM
I've been waiting for these for quite a while. I secured a few at a pre-release party back in November and they were pretty good then. They definitely have gotten better over time, however short that has been. DE and Willie only opened 50 accounts this year through out the country, which is why they are hard to find. I've liked the toro size best, and continue to buy them at T&C, although the early stick had a slight wrapper problem that has been mostly fixed. As for Willie, I truly like everything he has blended.

cmitch
05-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Willie Herrera will be with Jonathan Drew at Hwy 280 Cigars and More in Birmingham on the 20th. Can't wait to meet both of them and try this cigar.

kelmac07
05-17-2013, 06:46 AM
I've heard a bunch of mixed reviews on this cigar. And each one brings me to thinking...is this another Chateau Real?? :hm :hm

equetefue
05-17-2013, 07:55 AM
I personally like the longsdale. Very "cubanesque"

Blocky Patel
05-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Smoking my second one now, just as good as the first. An hour and a half in, a little less than half left, no re-light.

neoflex
05-18-2013, 09:46 PM
I've smoked a bunch of the Toros and I personally think they are great. My only complaint is the wrapper seems to be a little thin and tends to crack and split from time to time. Definitely not a Chateau Real. These may be a regular staple in my humidor as they're fantastic when your looking for a flavorful cigar that's not too heavy.

Jsmith1216
05-21-2013, 01:33 PM
I smoked a fresh rolled cigar last night hand-rolled by Willy Herrera right in front of me. I loved it. It was a fantastic cigar and was very tasty. Jonathan Drew also gave me one for the road which is currently in my humidor. I highly recommend these cigars.

Islayphile
05-21-2013, 02:19 PM
I smoked a toro last Saturday and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

danreeve
05-21-2013, 08:32 PM
I really like this cigar. I think the first inch or so is ho-hum, but once you hit the middle the flavors kick into full gear. box worthy IMO

Dan

Blocky Patel
05-27-2013, 08:58 PM
While enjoying the taste of my leisure time :wink:
I fired up another one of these beauts. Over half gone and still burning nice and square

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s269/revkev13/h-e.jpg (http://s154.photobucket.com/user/revkev13/media/h-e.jpg.html)

MUNKY
06-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Ordered a 5 pack and can't wait!

equetefue
06-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Smoked a longsdale yesterday and it was very good

crgcpro
06-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Way too mild for me but most guys love them.

MUNKY
06-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Just had my first and must say I was impressed.

Islayphile
06-07-2013, 07:02 AM
I'm currently smoking my second toro and it's very good.

IMO, these need to be smoked a little bit slower than normal in order to pick up the subtle flavors.

Reminds me of a Coronado in that way

tsolomon
06-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Willy Herrera is scheduled to be at Drapers' DC store on 6/14 and the Bethesda store on 6/15. He will be rolling cigars onsite, so I'm going to try to get by and check these out.

TobaccoEvents
06-07-2013, 11:15 AM

I love Willie Herrea's newest offering in the Herrea Esteli. I've tried various vitoa's in the line and for me the Corona is best. I made a box purchase of this size and have not been disappointed...I'm halfway thru my first box. I know it sounds crazy, but in this size in particular I get a hint of toasted marshmallow! I love that. It's a smooth, complex stick and one that I recommend to all my cigar friends. Construction and burn is near perfect in this size. Enjoy!