PDA

View Full Version : What Online Site Do You Purchase From?

Firemedic
05-14-2013, 09:24 AM
Looking around at the different online sites, and they all look pretty competitive on pricing and shipping. Is there something that makes one better from another? Interested to see what you guys think!

ksknnr
05-14-2013, 09:26 AM
I typically use Cigars Intl., their pricing is good, and you can almost always find a free shipping link here. Also I think their website is the most user friendly. Famous smoke is pretty good too.

Robulous78
05-14-2013, 09:30 AM
I like CI's pricing and specials but I personally like the selection and samplers over at Famous Smoke...

Zane
05-14-2013, 09:34 AM
Depending on what your looking for I use Famous and cigarmonster. They have some good stuff on there if your watching. Free shipping too.

maninblack
05-14-2013, 09:42 AM
I use cigarplace.biz and cigarsatyourprice.com alot. So many good sites out there.

dave
05-14-2013, 10:03 AM
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1612

In past six months I've purchased cigars from no less than nine web companies and 12 B&M's.

Sweet_Leaf_PDX
05-14-2013, 11:43 AM
When I buy on the internet I'm usually looking for a deal on a sampler, 5-10 pack, or a box. If I just want to try a single stick of some sort, I try to get it at a local B&M.

I have found great deals on CI and Famous-Smoke. Check out the daily, and weekly specials regularly for things you are interested in. Also, Keep an eye out for free shipping deals. I think all the big sites are trustworthy to purchase from.

yourchoice
05-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Holt's, Famous, CI. Holt's has some killer samplers and a good selection of premium sticks. Famous, most often through cigar monster, for some deals. CI/cigarbid...it's been a while, but I've never had any problems with them (not that I've had any problems with any online retailers, IIRC.

big_jaygee
05-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Since friday alone I have bought from four different retailers. (CI, Famous Smoke, Cigar Auctioneer, and Corona Cigar) and two b&m's (Seriou Cigar and The Briar Shoppe). Never had a problem with an online vendor. Whoever has what I am looking for at the best price will get my business.

Porch Dweller
05-14-2013, 01:14 PM
Two more votes for CI and FSS/Cigar Monster. CI has lots of good deals and some incredible email-only deals if you sign up for them, plus they have free shipping quite often. FSS also has lots of good deals and tons of freebies if you look for the coupon codes (my last order which was for $54 got free shipping plus a free 5-pack of decent smokes worth $20). FSS's CigarMonster (available through a link on the upper right of the FSS page) often has some phenomenal deals.

EDIT: When I started out I shopped through Thompson but no longer. I can get better deals and better customer service through CI & FSS.

FUEL
05-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Anything that's not associated with CI, Thompson, JR's and Best Cigar Prices.

The guys at Corona Cigar Company are amazing.

Frank-D-Tank
05-14-2013, 02:26 PM
If CI has a good deal I will grab it, otherwise I have recently bought a few things from Atlantic Cigar. So far so good with both of them.

Mattso3000
05-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Almost all of my online shopping is done right here in the WTS... Lots of fun when it opens up to you as a new inmate :tu

Espresso
05-14-2013, 02:31 PM
CI & FSS.

Great selection. Lots of great everyday smokes & great price. I do not minds 2nds at all.

All my Cubans are got locally through a friend.

ksknnr
05-14-2013, 02:34 PM
Almost all of my online shopping is done right here in the WTS... Lots of fun when it opens up to you as a new inmate :tu

I can't wait for this to open up to me, every day I think it's gonna open up. I'm like a little kid at x-mas running downstairs, but nothing yet:confused:

The Poet
05-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Anything that's not associated with CI, Thompson, JR's and Best Cigar Prices.

The guys at Corona Cigar Company are amazing.

CI is highly respected here, and JRs has always done me right over the dozen or so years I've dealt with them, so I don't get this James. :confused:

But I guess that's why they make both vanilla and chocolate ice cream. :sh

dubleuhb
05-14-2013, 03:20 PM
I don't buy much locally due to taxes, but just this year working the phone and interwebs I would put it around 15 different places.

gnbikes
05-14-2013, 03:23 PM
CI, Atlantic, Famous...once in a while JR's and Holt's.

Gabe215
05-14-2013, 05:07 PM
I Only order contraband online, and when something catches my eye in the WTS thread, all my NC purchases are made locally, not a big fan of companies that sell online, support local/small businesses!

FUEL
05-14-2013, 05:23 PM
CI is highly respected here, and JRs has always done me right over the dozen or so years I've dealt with them, so I don't get this James. :confused:

But I guess that's why they make both vanilla and chocolate ice cream. :sh

Between the main CI and CB I have never had much luck in getting what I consider acceptable sticks. That's not to say that its always been a bad experience its just that the bad ones outweigh the good ones. I've received a lot of dried out and under-humidified product from them that ended up going back. They have always "righted the wrongs" but its not a place I would go to often if ever. Just a personal preference that's all.

A lot of the cigars that I favor the aforementioned on-line retailers don't carry or are never in stock. I do my best to support local B&Ms and have a one that has an astonishingly amazing selection but has some humidification issues. They are however, the only place I can go into every time and know the more HTF stuff I want is going to be there on the shelves.

FUEL
05-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Almost all of my online shopping is done right here in the WTS... Lots of fun when it opens up to you as a new inmate :tuVery much looking forward to it!

kelmac07
05-14-2013, 05:29 PM
Atlantic Cigars, Famous, Smoke Shop, Smoke Inn, Cigars International, Cigar.com, New Havana Cigar, Tobacco Grove, Riverside Cigars, and any shop that has some maduros I'm looking for. :D

milhouse
05-14-2013, 06:32 PM
famous-smoke, cigarmonster, cigar.com, smokeinn, tobaccogrove mostly

Crownedone
05-15-2013, 10:13 AM
The Devil knows my name...every month.

bstarrs
06-07-2013, 07:59 PM
NC noob, and I just had a great first time experience with Atlantic Cigar. Will definitely be placing another order with them as soon as I can.

roro16
06-08-2013, 05:09 AM
CI, cigar.com, Atlantic cigar, Emerson's, Federal cigar, Smoke Inn, Famous/Cigar monster.

MrClean
06-08-2013, 09:35 AM
CI, Cigar.com, Tobacco Grove, CigarBid, Holts, Atlantic......all have been good to me.

jetsman2806
06-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Since i am international i can only order from Atlantic Cigar & Mikescigars. from what i can tell they are the only ones that take international orders without a US billing address. (checked cbid , thompson & CI and none allow a non-us address)

although if any of u guys know of another site that does please inform me.

Porch Dweller
06-08-2013, 03:30 PM
Since i am international i can only order from Atlantic Cigar & Mikescigars. from what i can tell they are the only ones that take international orders without a US billing address. (checked cbid , thompson & CI and none allow a non-us address)

I spent a lot of time overseas and ended up using a mail forwarding service when dealing with a company that wouldn't ship overseas. The forwarding service gives you a P.O. Box address in the U.S. (my service was in Iowa). My package would get shipped to them and then forwarded to me, for a fee of course. It worked for APO/FPO addresses but I'm not sure if it would work for international street addresses. Worth a shot, though, as the forwarding fee was not excessive.

jetsman2806
06-08-2013, 08:04 PM
I spent a lot of time overseas and ended up using a mail forwarding service when dealing with a company that wouldn't ship overseas. The forwarding service gives you a P.O. Box address in the U.S. (my service was in Iowa). My package would get shipped to them and then forwarded to me, for a fee of course. It worked for APO/FPO addresses but I'm not sure if it would work for international street addresses. Worth a shot, though, as the forwarding fee was not excessive.

i have a PO box in miami that i ship everything to (have done tons of internet shopping through amazon & ebay with no issues)but my credit card is not a US card, some of these sites dont accept international cards. the only ones i found that accept international cards are Atlantic & mike's.

once it reaches miami it is forwarded to me in trinidad by the shipper.

MUNKY
06-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Smoke Inn, and big shout out to them on the sweet order I just got.

gbum
06-09-2013, 01:22 AM
add cigarplace.biz to international shipping...
dealing with them for quite a while now...

jetsman2806
06-09-2013, 05:38 AM
add cigarplace.biz to international shipping...
dealing with them for quite a while now...

thanks, will check them out :tu

CigarPlace
08-14-2015, 02:09 PM

We here at CigarPlace.biz ship discreetly worldwide with or without a US billing address. We also ship to APO/FPO addresses as well.

pnoon
08-14-2015, 02:25 PM
We here at CigarPlace.biz ship discreetly worldwide with or without a US billing address. We also ship to APO/FPO addresses as well.

FYI-the post you responded to is 3 years old and that particular user has not been back to CA in over 2 years.
:)