PDA

View Full Version : Joe!? Is it me?

Drazzil
12-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Joe! What did I do to earn your animosity? Have I not been buying enough? Is it because the economy sucks? It used to be to where I had to keep myself from stopping by every day, but now I have to make myself stop by. You used to offer such great deals, like half or three quarters off boxes and sticks, but now I notice that you just halve the price of a box and offer free shipping What did I do to deserve this cold shoulder!?

If you folks havent already figured it out, I am talking about Joecigar. CI's website. It used to be that the site offered real deals, but now all Joe Seems to offer is Dog Rockets and half boxes for half price! Even the Joe Jimbalaya (like the one running today) all the good deals are offered in the middle of the night so that most people wont pick em up.

Sometimes a deal may not seem like such a deal after taking CI's "regular" price on a box and cutting it in half, thus the JoeCigar "deal" You will often find the price is the same, or that you are even paying MORE per stick, and you get no box.

If you see a deal you like, before you pull the trigger, a good rule of thumb is to take CI's "regular" price on a box, and divide by the number of sticks to come up with a "price per stick" to see if the deal Joe offers is a good one.
Often you will find that the savings is minimal, or non existant. Most of the "deals" Joe offers is half price for half a box, and even then if a box is 25 and they are charging you half price for 10, you are getting screwed.

Just a heads up. Joe is downright unfriendly these days.

WyoBob
12-12-2008, 11:32 AM
You're right, Drazzil. I'm finding the same thing with "Cigar Monster". I used to pull the trigger on some of the deals both of these outfits offer but it's been a long time since I've done business with either one.

WyoBob

neoflex
12-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Plus three here! I used to fight the urge to hit "Buy It", now I usually just close the window in disgust.:rolleyes: