PDA

View Full Version : Cancun Smokes?

mjdx88
04-29-2013, 09:25 AM
I will traveling down to Cancun in a few weeks for my honeymoon. We are planning to stay mostly at the resort during our week down there, we are staying the in the Rivera Maya area?. Are there an good places to stop and pick up real cigars and not knock offs? Or should I be planning to bring my own smokes?

E.J.
04-29-2013, 09:28 AM
There is an LCdH in the Cancun hotel zone....

Not sure about the Rivera Maya area....

I would not purchase a cigar in Mexico outside of an LCdH....

pektel
04-29-2013, 09:42 AM
Casa Partagas in Playa del Carmen seemed legit to me. The Boli PC I bought from there tasted legit too.

Jefft72
04-29-2013, 09:56 AM
If I recall from my time there on honeymoon the bus ride from Riviera Maya to town (Cancun) was maybe 30 minutes and didn't cost that much. We had intended to stay mostly on resort, but did travel to town to get out and about.

Congratulations and enjoy the vacation!

cjhalbrooks
04-29-2013, 10:03 AM
Congrats on your union and no word to help you in your search

Conch Republican
04-29-2013, 10:10 AM
There is an LCdH in the Cancun hotel zone....

Not sure about the Rivera Maya area....

I would not purchase a cigar in Mexico outside of an LCdH....

ALWAYS use the LCdH...they are trustworthy. I liked the Riviera Maya area - but would go into Playa del Carmen every night. Safe area and nice. Just dont buy their cigars or at any resort...unless you are not interested in authenticity. Also - always good to take some of your own (IMHO) that way in case a place is not open when you get there. or whatever - you are still covered.

equetefue
04-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Just came back from Mexico about a month ago and would only trust LCdH, unless you want to come back and wow your smoking buddies with some glasstops... lol

Conch Republican
04-29-2013, 10:26 AM
Also - I believe Texan in Mexico is still down that way - if you are looking for insight - he might be able to offer a good insider view

mjdx88
05-01-2013, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the info guys! I will try to check out LCdh. It looks like I will be about 45mins - 1 hr south of there, but I will plan on bringing my own smokes....this means I need to purchase a travel humidor and some new smokes :)

pektel
05-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the info guys! I will try to check out LCdh. It looks like I will be about 45mins - 1 hr south of there, but I will plan on bringing my own smokes....this means I need to purchase a travel humidor and some new smokes :)

I ended up bringing a Lock and Lock storage container for my smokes, along with a 5 stick cigar caddy to keep in my camera bag. Although I planned on smoking a lot more than I actually did. The trip back was a little hair raising, as I had quite a few left over.

That far south of Cancun I think puts you close to Tulum. Beautiful place to check out if you get the chance. Mayan ruins directly on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world? Yes please.

e-man67
05-01-2013, 09:45 AM
LCDH and Casa Partagas in Playa Del Carmen are the only 2 legit places.