PDA

View Full Version : Problems with CI

mahtofire14
04-17-2013, 05:34 PM
So I ordered a box of the 2009 Oliva V Maduros that were on sale at Cigars International a few days ago. Well I never got a confirmation email and I know I went through the complete ordering process. I was waiting for the confirmation email but never got it. So I checked my bank account and to my surprise the cost of the order had been deducted from my account. But I still had no history of this order in my order history.

I contacted them last night and got an email saying they have no record of the order. My account lists the transaction clear as day as being from CI. So now we're just going back and forth. I went from hoping I was still going to get the cigars to now hoping I just get my money back.

AdamJoshua
04-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Contact your bank and explain the situation, tell them the vendor has no record of an order, your bank should help you clear it up.

joeobx
04-17-2013, 06:07 PM
I've never had a problem with CI but this makes a good point for using a CC. Hope everything works out for you.

Robulous78
04-17-2013, 06:10 PM
That sucks... The bank should help... Never had any issues with CI myself... Try telling them to pull your ordering history and say that if it doesn't get resolved you'll go to famous-smoke... that should scare them...

CamoFlogged
04-17-2013, 06:58 PM
Never had an issue with CI but didn't they just buy a pipe tobacco, etc. company? Maybe they had some technical issues trying to integrate and dropped some orders?

No clue, but had good luck with them in the past.

-C

Zane
04-17-2013, 07:59 PM
I would just give CI a call. Let em know you can send them a copy of the transaction. Hopefully they still have the cigars.

Malakai
04-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Sounds like CI is not helping. I would dispute it with cc company, while still trying to get it resolved by CI.

Coach Deg
04-18-2013, 03:48 AM
Never had a problem with CI personally, but have read here on CA where they have given great customer service. I think they will do you right.

mahtofire14
04-18-2013, 03:54 AM
Thanks for the advice guys. I will be giving them a call today.

dave
04-18-2013, 07:27 AM
Let us know what they say. I've been using CI for seven years. They can be very slow to fix problems via email. Alternatively, they are one of the best CS outfits I've ever dealt with over the phone.

mahtofire14
04-18-2013, 12:06 PM
Well I called them, which now I now is what I should've done all along. Guy way very nice and helpful.

What the problem ended up being is I randomly used PoohPal. Hadn't seen it on there before and figured, oh, this will be way easier. So much for that. I hadn't signed in to CI yet, and PoohPal sent me straight through the ordering process without signing in. Not to mention that my Poohpal account uses a different address. CI to that different address and sent all the confirmation emails to that address. The reason why I never got them.

I had never had a problem with CI before in many dealings with them so I'm happy to say I will keep using their business.

So all is good and I'm happy because the guy at CI told me that my box of 09 V Maddies is out for shipment today. Happy Pete! :noon

big_jaygee
04-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Good deal Pete glad things worked out for the better. :tu

maninblack
04-18-2013, 12:12 PM
Glad to hear it got resolved!

Zane
04-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Well I called them, which now I now is what I should've done all along. Guy way very nice and helpful.

What the problem ended up being is I randomly used PoohPal. Hadn't seen it on there before and figured, oh, this will be way easier. So much for that. I hadn't signed in to CI yet, and PoohPal sent me straight through the ordering process without signing in. Not to mention that my Poohpal account uses a different address. CI to that different address and sent all the confirmation emails to that address. The reason why I never got them.

I had never had a problem with CI before in many dealings with them so I'm happy to say I will keep using their business.

So all is good and I'm happy because the guy at CI told me that my box of 09 V Maddies is out for shipment today. Happy Pete! :noon

Good to hear! This is the reason I wanted you to call.. Mostly so you could still snag those Maddies!

mahtofire14
04-18-2013, 03:07 PM
Good to hear! This is the reason I wanted you to call.. Mostly so you could still snag those Maddies!

Definitely. I really wanted those!

Porch Dweller
04-18-2013, 06:43 PM
Glad to hear you got the problem resolved. I use CI a ton and have only ever had one minor issue. I called them and they fixed it right away.

Lockspur
04-18-2013, 07:44 PM
Glad to hear you got the problem resolved. I use CI a ton and have only ever had one minor issue. I called them and they fixed it right away.

Ditto. I've been very pleased with CI, only had a minor problem that a phone call took care of.

drjammer
04-19-2013, 08:00 AM
Glad it all worked out :tu

kelmac07
04-19-2013, 08:06 AM
Glad to hear it worked out for ya Pete.

captain53
04-19-2013, 04:16 PM
I've never had a problem with CI but this makes a good point for using a CC. Hope everything works out for you.

Ditto on CI and CC for me. Good luck getting it resolved and getting those V's.

Mr. Grimes
06-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Glad it worked out. Was planning an order next paycheck. Good to hear they care.