PDA

View Full Version : Wine-a-dor question about heat

RWhisenand
04-11-2013, 10:10 PM
So, my wife and I are talking, and she mentioned that she was interested in buying me a wine-a-dor for some upcoming event, Father's Day etc. she also mentioned that since I smoke mostly in or around the garage, the garage would be a good place to put the wine-a-dor. Here's my question, my garage is insulated and has a heater, but we don't run it all winter due to energy costs, so, will a wine-a-dor be able to keep a good temperature even when down to single digits? I figure that the unit will give off some heat, but not sure if that will be enough.

Thanks guys,

AdamJoshua
04-11-2013, 10:57 PM
First I would ask why it would be in the garage, Winadors actually look pretty nice, plus why would you want to store your smokes out in the garage? I don't "think" the winador would keep things actually that warm in single digit temps, it's walls etc., are pretty thin, they are going to get ice cold and it's going to radiate through and turn it into a nice ice chest.

That being said, the heat in Nevada might be a bit much for it to keep your sticks at a decent temp, it would most likely be running constantly and the thermoelectric cooling might not last long running 24/7. I'm by no means an expert, but my thought is just find a nice place for it inside and cut down on all of these worries and risking your cigars.

dwoodward
04-11-2013, 11:40 PM
I wouldn't keep my sticks anywhere near a garage. Just imagine all the smells and fumes in the air from chemicals, gas, ect... That's all going to mingle and infuse into your cigars.

Not a pretty thought.

CigarNut
04-12-2013, 08:17 AM
Most wine coolers on the market today are designed to keep wine cool by using a cooling unit (Compressor or Thermoelectric). They are insulated but I don't think that any of them would be able to keep your cigars at a reasonable temperature while the outside ambient temperature is below freezing.

lilninjabuddy
04-12-2013, 09:18 AM
Yeah, you're going to want to keep that inside. It's basically a cooler with a fan, there's nothing to prevent the temperature from dropping to the ambient external temp over time.

RWhisenand
04-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Thanks guys, I didn't think about the possibility of carb cleaner infused cigars!:D

Thanks, it's more due to having a small house, but two large garages more than appearance.

We'll look around and see where we can put one in the house.

Thanks again!

pnoon
04-12-2013, 09:42 AM
Thanks guys, I didn't think about the possibility of carb cleaner infused cigars!:D

That is the least of your worries and not likely to happen.