PDA

View Full Version : Rev's Blind Reviews - the revelation

RevSmoke
04-10-2013, 09:06 AM
I am going to be posting up my reviews of the cigars I sent out to the participants in my blind review experiment. I have already posted my review and revealed what cigar "A" was.

It can be seen here. http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=60364

I think people will be rather surprised by what they smoked and how they reviewed.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

RevSmoke
04-10-2013, 02:38 PM
OK, cigar "B" has been revealed.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=60365

Zane
04-10-2013, 06:22 PM
I have been waiting on this!

RevSmoke
04-10-2013, 07:46 PM
I am going to be posting up my reviews of the cigars I sent out to the participants in my blind review experiment. I have already posted my review and revealed what cigar "A" was.

It can be seen here. http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=60364

I think people will be rather surprised by what they smoked and how they reviewed.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Cigar "A" was an Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente Sun Grown.

RevSmoke
04-10-2013, 07:46 PM
OK, cigar "B" has been revealed.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=60365

"B" was an AVO Heritage Robusto.

RevSmoke
04-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Cigar "C" is up. It was the Tatuaje J21.

The link to the reviews http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=60367

Porch Dweller
04-10-2013, 08:21 PM
I'm enjoying these blind reviews. Thanks for putting it together.

Lockspur
04-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Very cool reviews!

RevSmoke
04-11-2013, 07:10 AM
Now I will ask the question that I have had from the very beginning of this experiment.

How many people smoke cigars and have their expectations and their tastes influenced by the name associated with the cigar?

Every one of these samples was a cigar I enjoy. And other than the Tat J21, they are cigars I will probably have on hand.

The J21 is one which is pricier - I had smoked a couple that were gifted to me, but hadn't bought any for myself. Nor am I sure that I will, for smaller RG Tats seem to taste better to me. The size was in keeping with the others for this review, and I know people "LOVE" them, so I bought a box and shipped them off to the guys. It was the one cigar that I "thought" might get higher reviews that it really should because of its name.

The D cigar has raised the reviews which surprise me the most. I cannot reveal that one yet, for one of the guys who got all the other reviews in, is still outstanding. This one I truly wonder if they were affected in travels. I have smoked a couple since reading some of the reviews and do not find the same issues at all. And the flavors I find are somewhat significantly different. Of course, different palates will find different things in the same cigar.

This has been fun.

Porch Dweller
04-11-2013, 07:42 AM
Now I will ask the question that I have had from the very beginning of this experiment.

How many people smoke cigars and have their expectations and their tastes influenced by the name associated with the cigar?

I feel that I'm much more critical of a "big name" cigar that comes with an associated big name price tag. I don't have a huge cigar budget but occasionally splurge on some of the more hyped, pricey cigars. Sometimes I'm blown away by them but other times my reaction is "Wow, I've had $5 smokes that are just as good as this."

Lockspur
04-11-2013, 08:47 AM

Of course, different palates will find different things in the same cigar.

This has been fun.

Names don't mean much to me. It's the same with beers for me. Just because one particular brewery makes crap most of the time, doesn't mean they aren't capable of making something that tastes good to me.

I'm a RELATIVE young'un when it comes to cigars. My palate isn't as well "tuned". However, that doesn't mean I don't taste the same things mentioned from others. I have just recently learned that resting is a necessity. and that KILLS my ADD. But the end result is I taste more nuances than before.

DaBear
04-11-2013, 03:35 PM
I just smoked another B for the after reveal smoke, and honestly, the flavors and my review still stand on that stick. Just wasn't quite up to par for an Avo to me. Though that may be because the only Heritages I smoke are the churchills, the others have never been as good to me. I'm about to light up a J21, and I'm kickin myself for not thinking of it when I was trying to figure out what it was, I forgot the wrappers on them were significantly darker than the supposedly same wrapper on the SWs.

I'm intrigued about the D, because the construction on em is top notch, but the flavors, not so much. I'll go ahead and smoke another in the next couple days, maybe they just needed more down time than the rest.

E.J.
04-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Awesome.... Love reading these....

Big thanks to Todd, Bear, Jason, Jamie, Jay & Dave! Think that covered everyone?

jjirons69
04-11-2013, 08:37 PM
The D cigar has raised the reviews which surprise me the most. I cannot reveal that one yet, for one of the guys who got all the other reviews in, is still outstanding.

A nickel holding up a dollar! I've just posted by D cigar review. I'm done now!

jjirons69
04-11-2013, 08:38 PM
Awesome.... Love reading these....

Big thanks to Todd, Bear, Jason, Jamie, Jay & Dave! Think that covered everyone?

Also thank Shilala - he got me into this!

Thanks again, Brother!!

Zane
04-21-2013, 07:49 PM
Are we ready for the reveal of D?

RevSmoke
04-21-2013, 10:16 PM
The revelation of "D" is now up.

I want to thank the participants who smoked these and posted reviews. I don't know about anybody else, but I found the reviews of these smokes to be enjoyable to read.