PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod makes more than the Astros

AdamJoshua
03-29-2013, 11:00 AM
ALL of them :r

29 million for a guy that won't play in the first half of the season and might miss the entire year.

25 million for the entire Astros player payroll.

Sometimes just have to look back and think "god I'm glad he signed with the MFYs not the RedSox".

mosesbotbol
03-29-2013, 12:48 PM

29 million for a guy that won't play in the first half of the season and might miss the entire year.

Sometimes just have to look back and think "god I'm glad he signed with the MFYs not the RedSox".

I wish we had him on the Sox. Not my money.

The Poet
03-29-2013, 12:55 PM
OK, I'm confused. Is this an indictment of A-Rod and the Yankees (or the Rangers, who first inked this mega-deal), or of the Astros?

Islayphile
03-29-2013, 01:13 PM
So does Verlander now

The Poet
03-29-2013, 01:50 PM
I just checked out some "expert" predictions, and the Astros are the ONLY team they expect to win fewer than 60 games this year.

I guess you get what you don't pay for. :D

shilala
03-29-2013, 02:17 PM
I look for A-Rod to come back with a vengeance once he heals up. Not bad coin for riding couch, either.

kelmac07
03-29-2013, 06:36 PM
Comeback? Too late...'roids have already screwed his body up.

big_jaygee
03-29-2013, 06:39 PM
im not a baseball fan and i live in Houston.... you get what you pay for and the people here arent happy about that fact!

kind if sad 1 person makes more then a whole team :r

mosesbotbol
03-30-2013, 06:36 AM
Comeback? Too late...'roids have already screwed his body up.

In what sense?

kelmac07
03-30-2013, 07:07 AM
In what sense?

His head!!

AdamJoshua
03-30-2013, 08:33 AM
I wish we had him on the Sox. Not my money.

What the F for .. he's the highest paid choke artist in history, sorry but I'm going to have to veto your wish for him to be on the sox.

His head!!

Nah giving him all those MVP awards while he was on a shitty team screwed up his head.

Coach Deg
03-30-2013, 08:44 AM
This is the same story, just insert different team in different yr. a few years ago it was rays, then marlins, then A's, then pirates. There is at least one team each year that pays nothing to "Rebuild". Owners way to make a lot of money and then they start signing people a year or two later.

They sad thing about this is the Astros get about 30mil from the luxury tax. So baseball needs a salary min that the teams need to at least spend what they are given.

And when I posed that to the Rays GM 6yrs ago. He said they had millions tied up in the minors "wait and see". He showed me!

AdamJoshua
03-30-2013, 08:53 AM
Well this was more about A-Rod in general and the fact that he makes more than an entire time, not to mention he will most likely miss 1/2 the season if not all of it.

I do agree though, there needs to be a min salary floor to keep owners from actually making money off of the penalties other teams pay.

The Poet
04-04-2013, 12:31 PM
I just saw the story about the Astros making MLB history already this year. In their season-opening series against the Rangers, they struck out 43 times in those 3 games. They K'd 13 times Sunday, and 15 both Tuesday and Wednesday. Five players have 5 or more Ks. FYI, the next highest total was the 2007 Braves, who started off with 34 Ks in their first 3 games. Five other teams logged double-digit Ks to start their years, so if Houston strikes out 10 or more times against Oakland Friday, they will set ANOTHER MLB record.

See, you get what you pay for sometimes. Go 'Stros!

Blueface
04-05-2013, 08:30 AM

As a Yankees fan who absolutely hates any Boston team, I still don't think I would refer to them as MF Boston teams.

As far as his pay goes, paying him more than the entire Astros is small change for the Yankees given their revenue. If he doesn't perform, criticism warranted. If he is injured, doo doo happens and no one has a crystal ball when they sign a player.