PDA

View Full Version : Smoked an Alec Bradley Prensado had a problem help??

Anthony G
03-23-2013, 05:32 PM
I smoked an Alec Bradley Prensado. Actually was very disapointed. For some reason the middle of the cigar would not burn. Has anyone ran across this before. It started to cone. So I had to cut it off start over. Not very enjoyable for one of the cigars of the year. Does anyone know what be causing this. Happened to me a couple of times with these cigars. I am new to this sight and this is my first post. Hello to everyone Anthony G

BHalbrooks
03-23-2013, 05:46 PM
Hey Anthony, welcome :tu

I haven't had that problem myself, but one of these guys has I'm sure.

You should head over to the New Inmate Processing Center and introduce yourself!

Anthony G
03-23-2013, 06:21 PM
Where is the new inmate processing center. thank

BHalbrooks
03-23-2013, 06:23 PM
Click me :) (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7)

mahtofire14
03-23-2013, 06:26 PM
Just head over to the main page the scroll down til you see a thread named "inmate processing area" and click on in. Then introduce yourself.

In regards to the Prensado, I haven't had that happen. Of the two that I have smoked I wasn't particularly fond of them. Sometimes you can be fooled by awards a cigar wins. If you smoke a cigar and it tastes like the best cigar you've ever tasted, than that's exactly what it is.

Anthony G
03-23-2013, 06:30 PM
Thanks

oooo35980
03-23-2013, 06:38 PM
I smoked an Alec Bradley Prensado. Actually was very disapointed. For some reason the middle of the cigar would not burn. Has anyone ran across this before. It started to cone. So I had to cut it off start over. Not very enjoyable for one of the cigars of the year. Does anyone know what be causing this. Happened to me a couple of times with these cigars. I am new to this sight and this is my first post. Hello to everyone Anthony G

I have had a very few Alec Bradley cigars that burned correctly. Even the Black Market, which is the only one I actually enjoy, tends to tunnel or canoe.

That said, I've never heard "Coning" described as a problem and I always though it was a sign of a well-made, well-kept, cigar. Most of the best cigars I've ever smoked form a nice little cone at the burning end. Unless you mean the center wasn't burning at all, which I've never had happen to me and would be very odd indeed.

lilninjabuddy
03-24-2013, 12:33 AM
More than likely, the cigar was much wetter at some point. Then it was put in a drier atmosphere, and the outer wrapper and binder had released the extra humidity, but the middle still hadn't acclimated to the lower rh, and so was burning more slowly.

Robulous78
03-24-2013, 01:35 AM
did you get it from Thompson's? I have had sticks from there that turned out tasting much better when acquired elsewhere... Also as others have mentioned, could be a wetness issue, make sure your humidity is correct and that your humidifiers aren't leaking any excess water toward your sticks...