PDA

View Full Version : Healthy way to cut weight?

BHalbrooks
03-13-2013, 06:44 PM
As the title states, I need to cut weight. I'm 6'1" at 218ish, and need to lose 10 pounds before the 28th. I'm eating a really healthy diet. For dinner I had a can of tuna, some crackers, and some cheese for example. It's not the most tuned in diet, obviously, but it's working well. I've lost 16ish pounds in the past 3-4 weeks. I don't drink Soda. Only Water, Crystal Light Lemonade mix, and Coffee with 3 splenda and Skim milk.

Aside from starving myself, have any of you had any experience with cutting weight?

After the 28th I'll explain what this is all for.

RobR1205
03-13-2013, 07:14 PM
As the title states, I need to cut weight. I'm 6'1" at 218ish, and need to lose 10 pounds before the 28th. I'm eating a really healthy diet. For dinner I had a can of tuna, some crackers, and some cheese for example. It's not the most tuned in diet, obviously, but it's working well. I've lost 16ish pounds in the past 3-4 weeks. I don't drink Soda. Only Water, Crystal Light Lemonade mix, and Coffee with 3 splenda and Skim milk.

Aside from starving myself, have any of you had any experience with cutting weight?

I'm 6'0" and right around 200 pounds. I know caffeine ups you metabolism and have used it to help me cut fat. Green tea also helps with this. Upping you fiber and whole grain intake will also help...you burn more calories to digest these foods than your body actually gains from them. Make sure you take multivitans because when you lack a certain nutrient from your diet, your metabolism slows down. Finally, I would suggest eating a small appetizer (whether its crackers, fruit, or veggies) about 15-30 minutes before an actual meal. This will send a signal to your brain that there is food in your stomach and will make you much less hungry for an actual meal, that way your not starving yourself, but still consuming less than normal. Hope you find this useful!:tu

hotreds
03-13-2013, 07:15 PM
What really does work is going very low carb. Obviously you can't do this forever(altho "low carb" IS possible.) but from now until the 28th if you lose the carbs you'll lose at least 10lbs. Atkins, Paleo, South Beach, etc etc. I am on a low carb and have been losing about 1-2 lbs a week, but I'm eating a fair amount of fruit so my carbs are not THAT low. If I quit the fruit I'd probably lose more quickly, but I'm happy losing and eating at a rate I can live with. The biggest enemy is starch- pasta, potatoes, bread, etc.

Sounds like you have it down pretty good, tho!

BHalbrooks
03-13-2013, 07:21 PM
I forgot. I pretty much have cut out the "excess" food. Especially Breads, etc like you mentioned. I've also started doing portions more. I've always been a "Eh, that looks like enough food", and I think that's helped a lot. I've also started taking a GNC weight loss supplement.

Thanks 'reds and Rob.

Fordman4ever
03-13-2013, 07:24 PM
I do paleo. No grains, no processed sugars, no dairy. That's the basics of it, but if you live by that code then you will start to cut more weight. I don't really know of a healthy way to cut 10lbs in 2 weeks minus starving yourself. slow and steady does it. I've lost 14lbs in the past 2.5 months with this diet and I feel amazing. my body is actually starting to use the fat stores for energy instead of all the grains and sugars I used to eat. I still eat dairy on occasion because my wife isn't doing paleo and she still puts cheese on stuff now and again.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

RobR1205
03-13-2013, 07:24 PM
Somewhat different approaches from me and hotreds, but I'll echo what he said: keep doing what you're doing because it's obviously working! Good luck buddy!

BHalbrooks
03-13-2013, 07:26 PM
I do paleo. No grains, no processed sugars, no dairy. That's the basics of it, but if you live by that code then you will start to cut more weight. I don't really know of a healthy way to cut 10lbs in 2 weeks minus starving yourself. slow and steady does it. I've lost 14lbs in the past 2.5 months with this diet and I feel amazing. my body is actually starting to use the fat stores for energy instead of all the grains and sugars I used to eat. I still eat dairy on occasion because my wife isn't doing paleo and she still puts cheese on stuff now and again.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Somewhat different approaches from me and hotreds, but I'll echo what he said: keep doing what you're doing because it's obviously working! Good luck buddy!
Thanks guys

BHalbrooks
03-13-2013, 07:28 PM
I'm 6'0" and right around 200 pounds. I know caffeine ups you metabolism and have used it to help me cut fat. Green tea also helps with this. Upping you fiber and whole grain intake will also help...you burn more calories to digest these foods than your body actually gains from them. Make sure you take multivitans because when you lack a certain nutrient from your diet, your metabolism slows down. Finally, I would suggest eating a small appetizer (whether its crackers, fruit, or veggies) about 15-30 minutes before an actual meal. This will send a signal to your brain that there is food in your stomach and will make you much less hungry for an actual meal, that way your not starving yourself, but still consuming less than normal. Hope you find this useful!:tu

What's a good Multi Vitamin, Rob?

RobR1205
03-13-2013, 07:32 PM
What's a good Multi Vitamin, Rob?

Currently, I take animalpak, which is more geared toward body building. A very good, and fairly inexpensive multi I would suggest is OptiMen by Optimum Nutrition. I'll pm you a link with the website I use to order various workout paraphernalia and supplements.

BHalbrooks
03-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Boom. Appreciate it.

forgop
03-13-2013, 08:30 PM
Wear this in a steamy shower/sauna. Exercise while wearing it for better results. http://www.amazon.com/Everlast-PVC-Sauna-Suit/dp/B000QV2QMS/ref=zg_bs_14333001_13

If you're well hydrated, it should be no big deal cutting a few extra pounds the night before/morning of the 28th.

Lasix will work well too. ;)

Robulous78
03-14-2013, 02:18 AM
I will echo NuRon (even though he hasn't posted here yet) and say that the MetRx Colossal 100 Meal replacement bars have done me (and pre-surgery, him) a lot of good... Available at any Walmart...

big a
03-14-2013, 09:11 AM
+1 for paleo. A couple friend and myself are on it and all seeing some results after minimal time.

Currently, I take animalpak, which is more geared toward body building. A very good, and fairly inexpensive multi I would suggest is OptiMen by Optimum Nutrition. I'll pm you a link with the website I use to order various workout paraphernalia and supplements.
Can you send me this link aswell please. I have been looking for a new multi to take.

BHalbrooks
03-14-2013, 09:19 AM
+1 for paleo. A couple friend and myself are on it and all seeing some results after minimal time.

Can you send me this link aswell please. I have been looking for a new multi to take.

I'll forward it to you Andrew.

Thanks everyone.

Commander Quan
03-14-2013, 11:30 AM
From the sound of it you're trying to make weight for something. The only way you'll loose 10 pound in 2 weeks is in water weight. Going low carb does tend to reduce water weight because a reduction in carbs tells your body to start burning muscle glycogen which is stored in water. The problem is that if you are doing this for some athletic reason 2 weeks isn't enough time for your body to make the change from burning glycogen to burning fat without some performance setbacks.

BHalbrooks
03-14-2013, 11:44 AM
Yea, trying to make weight, but not for an athletic purpose, so performance wise setbacks aren't a problem. It's just trying to get down to that point.

This morning I was at 216. So 8 pounds, 2 weeks, 4 pounds a week shouldn't be a problem.

mosesbotbol
03-14-2013, 12:51 PM
No booze and lots of fiber. Drink a gallon of water a day and get a double colonic about a week before the 28th. You'll be all

pnoon
06-27-2013, 10:32 AM
I think for this purpose exercise is important, It's not too much important that what kind of exercise... Any exercise that you have done and this effective to burn calories, You can do for fat eliminate. But the thing is most important is your diet. Make sure that you take such foods which is not produce body fat. So to get an effective results, You should do both things.

I think you need to respond to the PM I sent you and the questions others have directed to you.

Or just say buh-bye.

mosesbotbol
06-28-2013, 07:01 AM
No booze and lots of fiber. Drink a gallon of water a day and get a double colonic about a week before the 28th. You'll be all

Colonics will drop you weight and it is weight that you really want to drop in the body... Not only that, you'll feel really light and tight after.

icehog3
06-28-2013, 07:56 AM

:tt

06-28-2013, 07:58 AM

;)

cjhalbrooks
06-28-2013, 08:06 AM
I have sent him a text asking. I think he might be sleeping. What a lazy guy. :D

cjhalbrooks
06-28-2013, 08:10 AM
Just had a light come on. Brian will most likely not be able to explain what's going on until tonight. He is "busy" with something important.

icehog3
06-28-2013, 08:15 AM
;)

It was posted in MARCH. ;) :r

BHalbrooks
06-28-2013, 10:20 AM
Well well well, Mr. Impatient. I'm joining the Coast Guard. When I talked to my recruiter I needed to be less than 208, and I was at 230? I've dropped a total of 40 pounds since talking to the recruiter. I wasn't fat before, but lost some extra weight I didn't need.

Since this thread I weigh 200 (Weight just fell off... Literally the easiet thing I've ever done.) I also went to MEPS and got a 100 combined on the ASVAB (Needed 100. I'm really impressed with this score since I wasn't able to study or sleep well before the test because I worked a lot that week.)

I have to get my wrist tattoo removed, however, and that's coming along great. It's cheaper than you'd think, $90. I had my 3rd appointment on Tuesday. After 2 sessions, the guy has never seen such fantastic progress. Hopefully I can go to Coast Guard bootcamp this fall. :xxx
Just had a light come on. Brian will most likely not be able to explain what's going on until tonight. He is "busy" with something important.
We were up until 0345 this morning. Echo wasn't a fan of the huge thunderstorm we got and he kept us up howling and jumping on the bed.

Chainsaw13
06-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Congrats! That's fantastic news all around.

icehog3
06-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Congrats Brian! :D

jledou
06-28-2013, 11:22 AM
Well done sir, Congratulations!

06-28-2013, 11:26 AM
It was posted in MARCH. ;) :r

U win!

Congrats Brian!

BHalbrooks
06-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Thanks Bob, Tom, Jay, and Brendon.
I'm really excited to take this step. The Military has always been a dream.

I'm going to get ****ed up right away by my Company Commanders (CG version of the Drill Sergeant). You have to fill out a form stating if you have, or had anyone in the CG, and where you were born.

My Wife's in the CG, my Dad was a GM1 in the CG, and I was born at Cape May, where CG boot camp is.

Your CC's get all of this information before they meet you (Which is after the 1st week). So they literally sit around and read all of this, and find things to "attack" you with.

I'm ****ed :tu

cjhalbrooks
06-28-2013, 01:31 PM
My Wife's in the CG, my Dad was a GM1 in the CG, and I was born at Cape May, where CG boot camp is.

I'm ****ed :tu

LMAO :sl thank you dad.