PDA

View Full Version : Welker now a Bronco

ksknnr
03-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Tough to see Wes Welker go, but I wish him luck in Denver. He was a hell of a player for the Patriots

kelmac07
03-13-2013, 05:23 PM
WOW!!! Can't believe the Pats didn't re-sign him.

AdamJoshua
03-13-2013, 05:30 PM
As a life long Raiders fan I will now quote Charlie Brown ...

AAUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LostAbbott
03-13-2013, 05:45 PM
This off season has really shown no loyalty anywhere to anyone. There are so many god players being released or let go in fa it is amazing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mattso3000
03-13-2013, 05:46 PM
2 years 12 million? Good signing.

GreekGodX
03-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Welker will be great in Denver with Manning. Broncos offense uses the slot in a similar way to NE.

Danny Amendola is going to the Pats now. Should fill in very nicely to Welker's role. Although more of an injury risk.

BHalbrooks
03-13-2013, 06:34 PM
CRAZY offseason. The Cuts alone blow my mind. Bernard Pollard, James Harrison being cut? Crazy.

AdamJoshua
03-13-2013, 06:44 PM
Hell the Ravens will the bowl and they gut the team, I'm sure Flac's giant contract had nothing to do with it :r

Mattso3000
03-13-2013, 06:46 PM
And he's complaining about all of the players the ravens are losing...hope you are happy Joe!

BHalbrooks
03-13-2013, 06:51 PM
Hell the Ravens will the bowl and they gut the team, I'm sure Flac's giant contract had nothing to do with it :r

And he's complaining about all of the players the ravens are losing...hope you are happy Joe!

Exactly! Once Anquan Boldin got traded for a friggin 6th round draft pick, I immediately said to myself, "Nice job Joe."

smitty81
03-13-2013, 08:04 PM
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

maninblack
03-13-2013, 08:05 PM
Damn thats one hell of a score for the Broncos. Suck it Chiefs!!

Genetic Defect
03-13-2013, 08:13 PM
This off season has really shown no loyalty anywhere to anyone. There are so many god players being released or let go in fa it is amazing.
Posted via Mobile Device

The only loyalty has been to $$$$

forgop
03-13-2013, 08:35 PM

Payaton Manning was the same way in Indy.

AdamJoshua
03-13-2013, 08:39 PM
Exactly! Once Anquan Boldin got traded for a friggin 6th round draft pick, I immediately said to myself, "Nice job Joe."

Oh but he feels "respected" now. LOL sucker.

Genetic Defect
03-13-2013, 08:52 PM
Joe is a douche:tf

CigarSquid
03-14-2013, 07:21 AM
Think it will be fun to watch Manning and Welker..

mosesbotbol
03-14-2013, 08:16 AM
I can believe they got rid of Welker... They got rid of Moss who was equally as great while a Patriot. Everyone the Pat's has had in this position has been injured and perhaps there are some details to Welker's health the Pats kept close to vest.

Welker and Manning is going to be awesome, I can't wait to see the Pat vs. Bronocos this season.

I trust the Pat's know what they are doing in general and will reserve comment until the start of the season. Amendola has had some injury history; just baffling to pay him more than Welker and he is an uknown. Remember Ocho Cinco?

E.J.
03-14-2013, 09:16 AM
Amendola has had some injury history; just baffling to pay him more than Welker and he is an uknown. Remember Ocho Cinco?

12 games and 68 passes caught, 3 TD in the past 2 years.

That said, when he is on the field, the kid has proved to be productive. Another added bonus, a few of the injuries, the ones that seem to have caused the most missed time, are upper body(clavicle and elbow) and sort of freak. Not sure about the heel injury....

As a Broncos fan, feel like it was a great pick up, as they plugged in a great player to a need.

shilala
03-14-2013, 09:25 AM
Danny Amendola has had health issues because he's a one-man team. He's the only guy who wears a Rams helmet that gives 110% on every single play, he's forever on the field, and the Rams have had no reason to hold him back. He's their only highlight reel.
I'd have given a left nut to have him in Pittsburgh. He's as close a Hines Ward as there is in the NFL right now. He even comes to play football rather than to collect a check.

Boldin was a great second option, but he was dealt strategically. He had a year left at 6M. The Ravens just needed to put him where he was least likely to hurt them.
The Ravens look silly right now. They're not. While everyone else is restructuring their asses off to get under the cap and therefore screwing themselves royally for the future, Ozzie Newsome is playing within the constraints of his budget. He can make space this year and burn some latent cap issues as necessary.
The Ratbirds have a deep bench and can replace everything they've done except for Boldin. They'll fix that soon, and likely through the draft. It's filthy with WR's this year.

Welker will bust his ass anywhere. There's a reason NE made the switch. They made a play to move him last year and didn't get it done. I don't know what the problem was there. Stephen would know if he sticks his face in here.

Mr B
03-14-2013, 09:39 AM

X2

AdamJoshua
03-14-2013, 09:56 AM
I can believe they got rid of Welker... They got rid of Moss who was equally as great while a Patriot.

They got rid of Moss because he's a whiny child, he also got into it with Tom Terrific in the locker room, Brady told Moss to cut his beard he looked like a bum and Moss came back with "Oh yah well cut your hair you look like a little *****". (when Brady had the long hair thing going on) The wording was actually a lot more harsh on both sides, but Moss was gone a couple days later, that's all it took to be the final straw.

shilala
03-14-2013, 10:15 AM
Randy Moss would walk off the field when the ball wasn't coming to him.
The fact that he's still playing ball is a miracle.

Mr B
03-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Moss playing for the Raiders was one of the worst decisions they have ever made (outside of Jamarcus Russle). I have never seen anyone purposely play poorly as much as Moss did when he played for the Raiders. I am surprised they did not kick his a$$ after every game in the locker room. So glad he is gone.

shilala
03-14-2013, 04:17 PM
I hear ya, brother. The biggest dick in football.
Granted TO and Ocho had their ways about them, but Moss was on a special level.
I think he's grown up a bit or had some sense beat into him at this point. I think he was at his worse with the Vikings. Both times.

AdamJoshua
03-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Moss playing for the Raiders was one of the worst decisions they have ever made (outside of Jamarcus Russle). I have never seen anyone purposely play poorly as much as Moss did when he played for the Raiders. I am surprised they did not kick his a$$ after every game in the locker room. So glad he is gone.

Don't even get me going, he would have his hands on the ball and basically drop it, not to mention turning all the rookies against ownership and the team. He should have been euthanized....but that's just my :2

CamoFlogged
04-09-2013, 09:52 PM

Dang, and here I thought we could be friends. Life long Bronco fan and transplant from CO to CA. I drive by the O and get ill...

Well, maybe friends in the off season :tu

-C