PDA

View Full Version : Viaje

Jon11
03-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Can someone give me a breakdown of the Viaje line? Which ones do you prefer? Are they good quality cigars? Which are the best in the line? Thanks.

maninblack
03-10-2013, 06:19 PM
I have really liked most Viaje's I've had. My favorite are the holiday blends and the supershots. They are full bodied smokes for sure.

kelmac07
03-10-2013, 06:24 PM
I love them. I've pretty much tried everyting they have...give or take a handful. A small boutique brand. Very good quality stick, but people get p!ssed with the limited edition stuff. Regular releases are the Oro, Platino and Exclusivo lines. Everything else is Limited Edition/Production. They started out with 35 exclusive retailers, over the past two years, the number has grown. Some of their stuff is still hard to find. IMHO, one of my favorite NC lines.

A few of my favorite Viajes. :2

Holiday Blend (best of the bunch...hands down)
Platino Samurai Maduro
White Label Project Stuffed Turkey Dark Meat
Skull 'N Bones (first two releases)
Oro Reserva No. 5 or 6
Exclusivo Tower 45th (exclusive to Tower Cigars)
12 Gauge (Criollo or Corojo)

mkarnold1
03-10-2013, 06:27 PM
I've tried almost every Viaje out there. They are all decent and worth trying, though my personal favorites are the VOR and VPR blends. Supershots are good, holiday blends and a good smoke, Skull and Bones lines are all solid cigars as well. Not a huge fan of the Satori or the 50/50's but some swear by em.

big_jaygee
03-10-2013, 09:01 PM
i have only had the Limited Edition Viaje's and my favorite's are the WLP Stuffed Turkey Dark Meat and Holiday Blend. Solid cigars IMHO :tu

icehog3
03-10-2013, 09:19 PM
From another angle, I am not much of an NC smoker...but I have enjoyed every Viaje I have tried thus far, think it's a great line in general.

Subvet642
03-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Skull and Bones WMD, 2011 Summerfest torps, VPR#6, Super Shots, all favorites.

dubleuhb
03-11-2013, 04:26 AM
Tried pretty much all of them, 50/50 Blacks, Platino Lancero and the Late Harvest 648 are my favs.
Not a big fan of the Summerfest or Holiday Blends, S&B's are OK.
The WLP 50/50 was the best of that line, IMO
The first release of the Exclusivo Robusto and Atlantics 15th Lancero were both good ones.

Rhino
03-11-2013, 12:34 PM
I loved the Platino but they seem to be hard to find near me.

lester cheeze
03-29-2013, 03:01 PM
I have had a bunch and enjoyed them all, tower 45th is one of my faves the platino is excelent tnt was tasty and loooong smoke, i have some hhg rapiers resting the one i torched rott left me wanting though.
never tried a satori or the summerfest or 50/50 red. but they're on the list

pektel
03-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Viaje is a winner in my book (for NC's)

I have about a fiver left of each of the first 2 Skull and Bones releases (Daisy cutter and Mystery), and they are damn fine smokes. I have a few Holiday Blend to try out, as well as the Skull and Bones release with the capped foot.

The ones I haven't tried yet are the Summerfest smokes. The torps with the uncut foot. They are tempting though.

Viaje has been an all around great, solid cigar for me.