PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on sampler pack I'm thining of ordering

Sime83
03-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Hi everyone,
I've decided to get a sampler pack so that I can sample a few different flavors. I like the medium strength leathery / chocolate / coffee taste really. Anyway, I found a sampler pack but it's enough money for me so I want to make sure what it contains are quite good. These are what are in it - has anyone got any opinions or experience of any of them?

Luiz Martinez Robusto - Nicaraguan
Chartan Robusto – Nicaraguan
Santa Damiana Robusto - Dominican
Casa Torano Robusto Natural – Honduran
La Invicta Robusto – Nicaraguan

Many thanks,
Simon

icehog3
03-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Quite good? I have only smoked 3 of them, and I thought they were quite bad. :2

Remo
03-04-2013, 11:13 AM
I must not smoke enough as I have only heard of one of those sticks :sh

Sime83
03-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Ah, I might have a re-think and look for another then. Thanks for the replies though!

What would you suggest trying to get the flavors I mentioned above?

jledou
03-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Some thoughts on what might fit more of your preferences.

Torano Master Maduro
Hoyo de Monterray Dark Knight
Oliva G or O Maduro
Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro
Rocky Patel Decade

Many more but that might be a start.

icehog3
03-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Oliva G or O Maduro
Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro
Rocky Patel Decade

Much better examples than the ones in the sampler. :tu

CigarNut
03-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Ah, I might have a re-think and look for another then. Thanks for the replies though!

What would you suggest trying to get the flavors I mentioned above?
Don't rush off too quickly! Everyone's tastes are different -- we have different palettes and like different things.

The best way to find out what kind of cigars you like is to smoke a bunch of them. Try the sampler. You might find some you like and it will help you hone in on what you do and don't like.

bobarian
03-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Some thoughts on what might fit more of your preferences.

Torano Master Maduro
Oliva G or O Maduro
Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro
Rocky Patel Decade

Many more but that might be a start.

Good suggestions, but also note that the OP resides in Great Britain and may not have access to all or any of these cigars. Mail order from the US would involve duties and taxes that may make cost prohibitive.

If the sampler you listed is reasonably priced, it cant hurt to give it a shot. You may find some cigars you enjoy that are easily procured locally. :2

Remo
03-05-2013, 12:29 AM
Good info Bob, I forgot he is in the UK :tu

FreakShow
03-05-2013, 12:54 AM
I must not smoke enough as I have only heard of one of those sticks :sh
+1

Sime83
03-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Thanks everyone - yes I'm in the UK and the prices here are quite high so I don't really get the chance to buy all the ones people on here talk about (I can dream though haha).

I liked a Padron which I smoked a while ago but for a Padron 1926 Sampler pack of 4 cigars you're looking at around £110 which is about $165 dollars I think.

I'm going to Amsterdam soon though so I'll certainly be trying some that are out of my price range here!

Garbandz
03-06-2013, 12:16 PM
before you go,contact Don Fernando on this forum,he may be able to steer you to a proper shop............

Sime83
03-07-2013, 12:19 PM
before you go,contact Don Fernando on this forum,he may be able to steer you to a proper shop............

Thanks - I have done and he's great. I have a list of places to try now thanks to him!