PDA

View Full Version : Flacco highest paid in history???

AdamJoshua
03-01-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm sorry but one superbowl win, one that came down to the last drive even, doesn't rate you getting the highest contract in the history of the NFL.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9006059/joe-flacco-baltimore-ravens-reach-agreement-according-source

CigarNut
03-01-2013, 08:05 PM
I'm sorry but one superbowl win, one that came down to the last drive even, doesn't rate you getting the highest contract in the history of the NFL.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9006059/joe-flacco-baltimore-ravens-reach-agreement-according-source

Apparently, it does :)

It will be interesting to see how he plays next season.

icehog3
03-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Apparently, the owners of the Ravens disagree with you.

kelmac07
03-01-2013, 08:16 PM
At least Flacco won't have to worry about sequestration. :bh :bh

icehog3
03-01-2013, 08:20 PM
At least Flacco won't have to worry about sequestration. :bh :bh

That sh!t will make you go blind!

AdamJoshua
03-01-2013, 08:31 PM

Lucky for Flacco, of course some of that might be payment in Deer Antler, 8 point buck and $119,999,300.32

CigarNut
03-01-2013, 11:31 PM
That sh!t will make you go blind!Ah, that explains a lot!! :)

E.J.
03-02-2013, 07:47 AM
I like it, far too much to pay for a better than average QB that should have had his season ended in Denver, if not for a HS like mistake by a DB. In the end, less money to put talent around someone who will need it....which is good for my Broncos!

icehog3
03-02-2013, 08:28 AM
I like it, far too much to pay for a better than average QB that should have had his season ended in Denver, if not for a HS like mistake by a DB. In the end, less money to put talent around someone who will need it....which is good for my Broncos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3NOpWXJjUY

SteelCityBoy
03-02-2013, 09:50 AM
Definately will be interesting to see if they have the dreaded Super Bowl hangover and how he will handle it if they do. I guess we will have to see. I'm pulling for the hangover of course...

bdgile
03-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Really makes you think...

shilala
03-02-2013, 10:51 AM
$168,908 ain't a bad day rate.
I've never thought much of Flacco, but despite the pressure of a contract year, all the press about whether or not he was an "elite" quarterback, and going against a crazy tough series of teams in the post season, he shredded the competition and carried off the hardware.
Brees, Manning, Brady, Rodgers and Roethlisberger didn't do what he did, and Joe only got 7 million for doing it. He's consistently gotten it done from day one.

Big changes in the Ratbirds organization this year and Joe will have to step up and take a leadership role if Ed Reed goes down the road. If he gets it done this year you really have to move him right up there with the top five, regardless of his zero style.
The thought makes me gag. :D

AdamJoshua
03-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Well just saw an interview with him and they asked him how he felt and he said "respected", maybe they could have offered him 10 Million and said "and we really really respect you" and saved themselves a whole bunch of money :r :r

Real1929
03-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Ravens played well when they had to and got it done. Flaccid was a big part of that obviously. He was also one dropped pass away from playing in two Super Bowls. Glad he got the money but I think all these guys are overpaid....including the so called elites. A friend of mine played FB for the Steelers for six or so years and can hardly walk now in his mid forties. Bad back and knees are hard to overcome. Wish there was a little more equity for all the players instead of a select few.

dave
03-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Personally, I'd have agreed on the 'average' tag and been amused by the paycheck. However, his teammates have been so emphatic about how much he brings - all season long, not just after the SB - that I'm beginning to think that I don't have a good feel for the intangibles. I won't argue with the results. He certainly brought good game when it counted.

kelmac07
03-06-2013, 09:41 AM
And they said he was at McDonalds buying chicken mcnuggets. $ 120.6 million and you are eating chicken mcnuggets??? :bh :bh

joeobx
03-06-2013, 10:08 AM
And they said he was at McDonalds buying chicken mcnuggets. $ 120.6 million and you are eating chicken mcnuggets??? :bh :bh

Hey, he did splurge a little....he bought the 10 piece :r

kelmac07
03-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Hey, he did splurge a little....he bought the 10 piece :r

For that kind of coin, he could have gotten the 20 piece. :r :r

icehog3
03-06-2013, 02:33 PM

Maybe his kmids like them? :sh

Stephen
03-11-2013, 03:55 PM
Apparently, it does :)

It will be interesting to see how he plays next season.
Without Boldin and without a strong defense? Methinks I have a pretty good idea...

Stephen
03-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Yeah, Ravens brass gambled and lost pretty big. If they'd have signed him to a contract extension before the beginning of the season he doesn't get half of what he got.

Stephen
03-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Or Manning disappearing in the second half/OT/2OT.