PDA

View Full Version : Emergency rations

ripper
02-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Watching the Midwest snowstorms on TV makes me glad I don't have to shovel the rain here. And makes me wonder if yinz carry emergency cigars in the car, tote, briefcase, laptop bag.
My 4WD Toyota Highlander's glove compartment has gloves, maps, a spare Steelers cap, wooden matchbox, enuf flashlights to open a store and ... a Herfador with El Rey del Mundo robusto larga oscuros, Nica Libre Potencia torpedos and a deal-maker San Lotano oval maduro toro by the legendary AJ Fernandez.
Just in case I get stuck somewhere and need a smoke or 5. Like to carry enuf for me and any new friend or potential customer I might meet. I rotate the stock so the cigars don't dry out, or just smoke 'em while Mrs Ripper spends our 401k's at Nordstrom.
What's in your rescue kit?

Bax
02-21-2013, 07:19 PM
I once packed a emergency smoke kit while driving to work in a snow storm once... worked out well since I got snowed in at a cigar friendly hotel :D

markem
02-21-2013, 07:24 PM
If I am going to be some place where I *think* I might want to have a cigar, I bring my humidified Haliburton Zero. Taking out the trays, I can easily get 50-60 cigars in there in 5-finger bags.

big_jaygee
02-21-2013, 07:57 PM
every day i have to have a few cigars for work and just in case.... currently in there is Monte #2, ERdM Choix Supreme, and a few stand by's HC Criollo, MUWAT Bait Fish, Tat PCR. i rotate them out every 2 days and smoke an average of 2 a day

jledou
02-21-2013, 08:15 PM
If there is a chance I may be driving an hour + to get home in a snow storm I make sure I have something nice to smoke for the drive. Really helps you relax when you're not moving any where.

Fordman4ever
02-21-2013, 08:16 PM
I always bring cigars with me when I leave the house just in case I have the opportunity to smoke. Not so much in the winter time, but most of the time.

RCS44
02-21-2013, 08:23 PM
I keep a few in a ziplock bag in the storage place on the driver side door. I also keep a cutter, lighter, and most of the time a wine key just in case.

RobR1205
02-21-2013, 08:23 PM
I just tote my herfador around if there's even the slightest chance of being able to smoke. Emergency rations? Not a bad idea though.... :tu

bdgile
02-28-2013, 06:28 AM
I've never thought to pack "emergency nations" with me. I usually have a cigar for my commute after work, but that's it most of the time.

stearns
02-28-2013, 01:19 PM
i'll toss a couple in the car when im traveling a good distance, been parked on a highway before due to an accident, was very happy i had something to smoke to pass the hour we spent hanging out there

elderboy02
02-28-2013, 01:40 PM
I have a Herfador in my car at all times. You never know if you are going to get stuck in traffic/snow/whatever :tu