PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy NASCAR - Player needed

elderboy02
02-19-2013, 05:12 PM
I am looking for a couple players to join a Fantasy NASCAR group that I run. It is a lot of fun and there will be a very nice payout. Here are the details:

1. Each week costs $10

2. You pick 1 driver from the standings position 1-10, 1 driver from the standings 11-20, and 1 driver from the standings 21-on.

3. We will use last years final driver standings for races 1-6. After that, we will switch standings every 10 races,

a. USE NEW STANDINGS FOR RACE #7
b. USE NEW STANDINGS FOR RACE #17
c. USE NEW STANDINGS FOR RACE #27

4. All picks need to be submitted by the drop of the green flag. If your picks are not submitted, you will get last weeks picks. No exceptions. If we are at the start of new standings, you will get the first driver in each group. My phone number is 513-xxx-xxx (Mobile). You can text me, or leave a voice mail if I don't answer.

5. You are responsible for getting your money in on time. If you fall behind on paying by 4 weeks, you will not be scored any points until you are paid up.

6. Points for each driver are based on what NASCAR gives them. If you pick the race winner, you get an additional 10 points on top of what NASCAR gives them for that race.

7. Each week the winner gets $10 and $20 is held back (based on 3 players) for the payout at the end of the year. In the event of a tie, the money will be split between the winning parties. I will automatically put your winnings in for the next week’s entry unless I am told otherwise.

9. Based on 3 players: 1st place gets $500 dollars, 2nd place pays $200, 3rd place gets $20. These amounts will be higher if more than 3 people play.

10. In the event a player makes an illegal pick (like 2 drivers from the same group) you will receive the points for which ever of the 2 driver who scores the most points. You will then also receive the point total from the driver who finished worst in the group in which you had no pick.

chaase321
02-20-2013, 06:47 AM
That's a huge payout Dan! I have a few questions:

-Other than you, no one has signed up yet?
-Is this all of the Sprint Cup races (including all-star and duels)?
-So 38 races (36 x $10 x 3 = $1080)
-So basically 2nd place puts in $360, but only gets $200 back (so second place would need to win 16 races, that pays $10, to even break even)?
-You can pick any drive an unlimited number of times (as long as they are picked from the correct standings), or is there a limit on the number of times you can pick a driver?
-Do you keep a spreadsheet, or something like that, that shows the current standings, and the numbers of win's for each player (in the fantasy, not the racers)?

I think I would possibly be in if it was a $5 buy in each week rather than the $10, but don't change it just for me if you get other interested parties.

Sounds fun brother :tu

elderboy02
02-20-2013, 06:55 AM
Me and my Dad are in the group so far.
We only do the 36 regular races (no duels or all star race)
It is $360 a year, so $10 a week
If we have 3 people, we pay out $10 a week for a win, and $20 is held back for the pool at the end of the year.
You can pick a driver as many times as you want.
I keep a spreadsheet that gets sent out each week via e-mail that keeps track of everything.

elderboy02
02-20-2013, 07:04 AM
Here is a sample of the spreadsheet that I send out:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z282/elderboy02/NASCAR_zpsa2d2e68f.png

Brian D.
02-20-2013, 08:27 AM
I'll take Richard Petty across the board. Did I win?

elderboy02
02-20-2013, 08:17 PM
Evening bump. 1st race is this weekend!