PDA

View Full Version : Minis or Clubs

AdamJoshua
02-18-2013, 08:17 PM
SO I'm looking for a smaller stick to bring to work, have with a cup of coffee or after lunch, it seems just about every CC makes a mini or club version, my question is are they worth it? I like Monte 2s but just don't know if they can get those flavor notes in something so small. The prices aren't bad on them when you can find them (so I assume they are popular), have you had any experience with them... how were they?

Recommendations?

maninblack
02-18-2013, 08:19 PM
You looking for CC's or NC's?

AdamJoshua
02-18-2013, 08:22 PM
CCs *(they are actually cheaper than what i pay in Cali)

found this video review as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cku_khvb6Z4

pektel
02-18-2013, 08:28 PM
I've tried the cc cohiba, monte and partagas ones. I would stick with partagas chicos, monte 5's, or siglo I's. the minis/clubs burn too hot for my tastes. But better than smoking something like a cigarette.

The real niche for the minis, for me, is when I'm outside with friends at a bar when they go out for a cigarette.

AdamJoshua
02-18-2013, 08:35 PM
See that's what works for me that and at work, I can sit outside for a good long time and even work on my laptop out there, but nice to have something more cig like to smoke with people while they smoke cigs.

Thanks I'll look into those too Pete

jjefrey
02-18-2013, 10:26 PM
The RASCC is one of my favs:dr

AdamJoshua
02-18-2013, 10:38 PM
Retirees Association of Suffolk Community College, funny you don't look that old Jeff!

Hmm the "what does all that mean" thread comes through! RASCC = Ramon Allones Small Club Corona, thanks I'll look into them.

icehog3
02-18-2013, 10:41 PM
RASCC are maybe my favorite "small" cigar, but I would not classify them as a club or mini.

I'd suggest El Rey del Mundo Demi-Tasse. Closer to what you are looking for (size-wise).

If you want to go a bit biger but keep it affordable, try Por Larranaga Panatelas.

RobR1205
02-18-2013, 11:25 PM
I'm personally huge fan of Cohiba Clubs...I have two boxes that I'm trying not to smoke through too quickly. The monte clubs aren't a bad choice either. They didn't last very long...

galaga
02-20-2013, 07:37 PM
I'm personally huge fan of Cohiba Clubs...I have two boxes that I'm trying not to smoke through too quickly. The monte clubs aren't a bad choice either. They didn't last very long...

:tpd:

RASCC are maybe my favorite "small" cigar, but I would not classify them as a club or mini.

I'd suggest El Rey del Mundo Demi-Tasse. Closer to what you are looking for (size-wise).

If you want to go a bit biger but keep it affordable, try Por Larranaga Panatelas.

:tpd:

RobR1205
02-20-2013, 07:43 PM
One thing that I remember reading at some point was that Cohiba Clubs, although machine made, are long filler cigarillos, and not floor sweepings. While they do burn quickly, I don't think they burn too hot. Hell, I nub must of them until my fingers start to burn. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.

AdamJoshua
02-20-2013, 09:28 PM
Hard to find at least where I was looking some of the recommendations, but i found a good deal on monte clubs so I went with those. I think these will be a good start, I love Por Larranaga but couldn't find the Pans in stock, same with the El Rey del Mundo Demi-Tasse, but have them on my list to keep an eye out for them.

EDIT: Found the demis, read the reviews "will be great after 20 years in the humi" ... hmm better buy them now if I want to smoke them when I'm 65 :r

(I'm actually going to order 2 boxes I think just to have)

icehog3
02-20-2013, 11:56 PM
EDIT: Found the demis, read the reviews "will be great after 20 years in the humi" ... hmm better buy them now if I want to smoke them when I'm 65 :r

I completely disagree, have some '11s that are smoking great, but too each their own.

dvickery
02-21-2013, 08:27 AM
cohiba clubs...i love em...smoke 2 or 3 twenty packs a year...my 15 minute trip to havana (15 min for me...others about 8 or 9).

in my opinion...they do improve with age...smoking clubs from '03 right now.

best part...75$cuc for 100 of em.

derrek

AdamJoshua
02-21-2013, 09:16 AM
I completely disagree, have some '11s that are smoking great, but too each their own.

Oh I'm sure I was just laughing that they said that about letting them age "20 years".