PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming?

macpappy
12-11-2008, 05:41 AM
Yeah we got your global warming. I just talked to my sister who lives near Beaumont, TX and they have snow on the ground. Not much but it's there. I also have a friend who lives in Navasota about 60 miles north of Houston and they had almost two inches of snow yesterday.

I KNOW THAT'S NOT MUCH SNOW FOR YOU GUYS WHO LIVE IN THE POLAR NORTH BUT IT'S A BIG DEAL IN AREAS WHICH HAVEN'T SEEN SNOW IN ALMOST 10 YEARS.

We're expecting light snow in the Slidell area today. That will be the first since about 1990 I think.

maddman
12-11-2008, 05:52 AM
I will try and find the article, It was about Scientist who don't believe the Global warming as it is being feed to us by the Media and are getting a little tired of being portrayed and a fringe group.

Climate change is real it will always happen and could bring on another Ice age, which could be cool :grin:

Blueface
12-11-2008, 06:09 AM
What do you mean no global warming?

What do you call what happens to the globe on a hot summer day?
Isn't it warmer?:rolleyes:

macpappy
12-11-2008, 08:38 AM
They are now predicting 2 inches of snow in the New Orleans area.

dunng
12-11-2008, 08:41 AM
I would not mind a little "Global Warming" up this way... :D

Starscream
12-11-2008, 08:41 AM
They are now predicting 2 inches of snow in the New Orleans area.

Send some of it my way!

macpappy
12-11-2008, 09:22 AM
Send some of it my way!

No problem. It's heading east even as we speak.

The weather forecasters are efficient as ever here. The snow has turned to a very light rain. But the damage is done. Schools are closing, bridges are closed, and there has been a larger number of accidents on the streets than normal.

zonedar
12-11-2008, 09:50 AM
News stations are ramping up for full scale 'Weather Hype" mode here in the Portland area. Possible snow on the Valley floor this weekend. 2-3 feet in the Cascades.

macpappy
12-11-2008, 09:57 AM
News stations are ramping up for full scale 'Weather Hype" mode here in the Portland area. Possible snow on the Valley floor this weekend. 2-3 feet in the Cascades.

Local TV in New Orleans has pre-empted regular program to cover the historic "snow storm" in Louisiana.:r:r:r:r:r:r

I lived in Washington State for six years and served on a Coast Guard icebreaker out of Seattle for 2 years. Not to mention the three years is spent in New York city. This isn't snow.

ChicagoWhiteSox
12-11-2008, 10:05 AM
http://www.jennifermarohasy.com/blog/archives/al-gore-plane.gif

zonedar
12-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Local TV in New Orleans has pre-empted regular program to cover the historic "snow storm" in Louisiana.:r:r:r:r:r:r

I lived in Washington State for six years and served on a Coast Guard icebreaker out of Seattle for 2 years. Not to mention the three years is spent in New York city. This isn't snow.

From all the hype on TV you'd think that there were herds of musk oxen migrating across the Interstate bridge.

dccraft
12-11-2008, 02:04 PM
From all the hype on TV you'd think that there were herds of musk oxen migrating across the Interstate bridge.

Now that's funny :r:r:r

macpappy
12-11-2008, 02:18 PM

But would you believe a reporter making snow angels? On air?