PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Movies 2013

duffkatty
02-12-2013, 01:06 AM
The movies competing are those rated as the top 64 of all time on the IMDB database as of 3 January 2013:

imdb.com/chart/top

The top 64 have been randomly drawn in to match offs.

Each match off is the first to 5 votes. The winner will proceed in to the next round, where a random draw will again take place.

If voting has not produced a winner within 48 hours of the matchup being posted, then the movie with the highest score at that point will go through. If the scores are tied, the movie which is highest on the IMDB database will go through.

You can vote on any criteria you like, and you do not need to have seen the movie. If that criteria is favourite actor, director, genre, plot, cinematography, which poster you prefer, whatever, it is entirely up to you. More interesting for everyone if you give a brief outline of your rationale, but just a vote will be fine.

Please make sure that it is clear in your post which movie you are voting for.

Let Battle Commence!

icehog3
02-12-2013, 01:18 AM
So, what cigars are your favorites?

CigarNut
02-12-2013, 08:17 AM
I like good cigars with shinny bands.

Bondo 287
02-12-2013, 08:42 AM
I vote for this as the greatest movie of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUYa5aTdjfI

kelmac07
02-12-2013, 10:10 AM
I like good cigars with FAT bands. :D

T.G
02-12-2013, 10:32 AM
I love lamp.

shilala
02-12-2013, 10:34 AM
I don't think farik is gonna make it.

icehog3
02-12-2013, 11:06 AM
I don't think farik is gonna make it.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/aaa-1.jpg

CigarNut
02-12-2013, 11:29 AM
I love lamp.
You and Tom both... I wanna see who wins that contest :r :r

MajorCaptSilly
02-12-2013, 11:29 AM
I like that movie where the guy and girl like each other except they don't know it, except they do know it. They do all kinds of stuff and fight with each other. There's always a food fight involved. They are both better looking than anyone I have ever met and are somehow better looking than the actors who play them (how do you airbrush film?). There is a pivotal scene in which the guy and girl finally realize what they've known all along and they express there love for one another. The guy's sidekick who is chubby and bald says something funny and endearing. Fade to black. Credits. Outtakes/bloopers. Godzilla.

The movie poster shows the guy and girl back to back looking over their shoulders at each other with a "you're a real rascal" look on their face.

MCS

CigarNut
02-12-2013, 11:32 AM
I like that movie where the guy and girl like each other except they don't know it, except they do know it. They do all kinds of stuff and fight with each other. There's always a food fight involved. They are both better looking than anyone I have ever met and are somehow better looking than the actors who play them (how do you airbrush film?). There is a pivotal scene in which the guy and girl finally realize what they've known all along and they express there love for one another. The guy's sidekick who is chubby and bald says something funny and endearing. Fade to black. Credits. Outtakes/bloopers. Godzilla.

The movie poster shows the guy and girl back to back looking over their shoulders at each other with a "you're a real rascal" look on their face.

MCSThe most recent incarnation is Friends With Benefits. I really like seeing Mila Kunis in her underwear... :D

replicant_argent
02-12-2013, 11:36 AM

MCS
There is also a farting dog or adorable, precocious, and possibly possessed yet endearing child/niece/nephew in the mix.

Bondo 287
02-12-2013, 01:03 PM
The most recent incarnation is Friends With Benefits. I really like seeing Mila Kunis in her underwear... :D

:r
I would crawl naked through broken glass just for the opportunity to bite the lug nuts off the truck that delivers her mail.. :r

Bondo 287
02-12-2013, 01:15 PM
MCS

No that's Godzilla

http://imageshack.us/a/img401/6261/friendswithbenefits2.jpg