PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

Bangstick
02-04-2013, 06:29 AM
Disappointed is a under statement. Two months ago I bought a couple of MONTECRISTOS and put them in the humi. Yesterday I got one out to take with me on a short trip. A very nice looking cigar very well wraped I even comented to my wife on how well it looked and smelled. It lit well and smoked and tasted great for about the first 1/4, then it started down hill. The wraper started to split about a inch back from the burn, by the time I got to where the split started the split was three inches long. From that point the cigar was unsmokeable. The split was caused by a half blockage that was at least 3 three inches long and smelled and tasted awful. I finaly gave up and threw it out the window. :fl Pissed off I dug around in the glove box and found a Grenadier that had been in there for God knows how long, took it out of the wraper, it still smelled fresh so I lit it. It lit and burned smooth and tasted good from one end to the other. I buy high end cigars as a treat to myself a couple of times a week. If I pay ten dollars for a stick and keep it at the proper rh for two months and it is not as good as a cheap stick stored in the glove box, I will never buy a cigar from that company again. Sorry for the rant.;s

dwoodward
02-04-2013, 06:35 AM
Sucks, but cigars get plugged from time to time, it's just part of the hobby. :2

Maybe your next one will be better.

OLS
02-04-2013, 06:56 AM
contact Ninjavanish, its all his fault. :)

maninblack
02-04-2013, 07:00 AM
I wouldn't completely write them off. Even the best company's have duds.

icehog3
02-04-2013, 08:26 AM
I will never buy a cigar from that company again.

Altadis makes a lot of cigars, you may be limiting yourself:

Montecristo
H. Upmann
Romeo y Julieta
Don Diego
Playboy
San Luis Rey
Trinidad
Vega Fina
A. Turrent
Gispert
Henry Clay
Onyx Reserve
Omar Ortez
Por Larranaga

and many others.

Ashcan Bill
02-04-2013, 08:47 AM
If I gave up on a brand every time I've had a construction problem, I'd be rolling my own my by now. :lr

Hang in there.

OLS
02-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Those Henry Clays are delicious.
Ugly as hell, but delicious.

cigardan
02-04-2013, 11:47 AM
If I gave up on a brand every time I've had a construction problem, I'd be rolling my own my by now. :lr

Hang in there.

word.

shilala
02-04-2013, 12:30 PM
If there was a company I WOULDN'T write off based on a bad experience with one cigar, it'd be General Cigar. They're always so consistent and their stuff is very well made. A stinker from them is an oddity, for sure.
I do understand that it's a pisser to get a bad cigar after you paid good money for it, and that was a kickass rant, but don't screw yourself over just for spite. They won't feel it and you'll just get screwed worse by Gurkha and Rocky.

Someone should throw out the "cigars are a handmade product with inconsistencies" speech. Adam and Bob both do a good one. This is the perfect place for it. :tu

mahtofire14
02-04-2013, 12:39 PM
I can't say I've ever been too impressed with the NC Montecristos. However like Icehog and everyone else has said. This stuff unfortunately happens from time to time. Maybe try other cigars for awhile and come back to a Monte sometime down the road. You'll most likely get one that won't leave you with a rant as good as this one. ;s

Bangstick
02-04-2013, 01:11 PM
I may try them again later. It just felt good to get that off my chest. But let me ask this question. What cigar brands do roll thei own?

Porch Dweller
02-04-2013, 02:02 PM

Hang in there.

This.

pnoon
02-04-2013, 02:35 PM
I may try them again later. It just felt good to get that off my chest. But let me ask this question. What cigar brands do roll thei own?

What do you mean by that question?
:confused:
Posted via Mobile Device