PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I taste my cigars?

TheBigAsh
01-23-2013, 04:35 AM
I need some help. For longer than I can remember I haven't been able to taste my cigars. I don't have a cold but I get nothing, no chocolate, no cinnamon, no creaminess...nothing but blah. I'd really love to taste again

Does anyone know if happens to some people?

Is this a medical problem? Can it be helped?

Is it my sense of smell, or my tongue?

Can anybody help?

iaMkcK
01-23-2013, 04:38 AM
Do you ever try snorking your cigars? That would be the act of retrohaling, thus breathing the smoke out of your nose. Since your nose is what detects smells, this may solve your issue. Unless, you snork.. In which case.. No clue.

Zane
01-23-2013, 04:47 AM
How much do you smoke? Maybe a break is in order?

massphatness
01-23-2013, 04:48 AM
Is this solely related to cigars? Can you taste food & drink? Is your sense of smell off?

TheBigAsh
01-23-2013, 07:02 AM
I took a month off to see if I could re-set my taste. No Luck.
recently I'm smoking 1 cigar a day. My food tastes fine. This seems to be just cigars.

czerbe
01-23-2013, 07:06 AM
have they past their prime...? Seems like a silly question but when cigars are dried out for to long they loose their luster so to speak?

TheBigAsh
01-23-2013, 07:17 AM
All of them have been very recent purchases

dc_glidden
01-23-2013, 07:39 AM
What are you drinking with your cigars?

irratebass
01-23-2013, 07:47 AM
David, 1st off sorry this has happened to you.....it has happened to another BOTL on another board as well, but his is medical......he cannot taste coffee or tea as well and has had to give up his stash and he has been having this issue for about a year before he finally decided to pull the plug on this hobby after seeing a DR and other medical physicians and even having a biopsy completed with still no answers............so I hope this is not happening to you.....it seems rare, but does happen unfortunately I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone with your issue.

I hope yours is temporary and you are back to the enjoyment of cigars....good luck brother and keep us updated if you get an answer.

TheBigAsh
01-24-2013, 04:24 AM
I drink anything from coffee, beer, sometimes liquor and soda. I haven't thought about trying tea.

Thanks, irratebass. I'm hoping this isin't a permanent deal. I did have a glimmer of hope yesterday as I smoked. For just a moment I tasted a note of chocolate. Not much but I'll take it.

iaMkcK
01-24-2013, 04:46 AM
I drink anything from coffee, beer, sometimes liquor and soda. I haven't thought about trying tea.

Thanks, irratebass. I'm hoping this isin't a permanent deal. I did have a glimmer of hope yesterday as I smoked. For just a moment I tasted a note of chocolate. Not much but I'll take it.

Well I've never tasted chocolate, so you're ahead of me, that's for sure! Hoping for the best!

kelmac07
01-24-2013, 05:38 AM
So are you back to tasting them? :confused:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1786006#post1786006

TheBigAsh
01-24-2013, 05:46 AM
I was very please that I had two breif moments that I tasted a note of chocolate with Ditka's "The Coach". My hope has been renewed.

ironchefscott
01-24-2013, 07:39 AM
I had that issue and it ended up being sinus polyups...not the most fun thing to have....But see a sinus doc!

KidRock
01-24-2013, 09:02 AM
Do you smoke ciggs or chew?