PDA

View Full Version : Did my good deed to finish the year

forgop
12-31-2012, 04:33 AM
Just a half mile from the entrance of my neighborhood, I came up behind 2 cars. The one directly in front of me flashed his bright lights several times and turned into our neighborhood. I was a bit intrigued, so I continued on past my normal turn. Just a half a mile later, he crosses the center and nearly hits the guard rail of a bridge. After another near head-on collision, he then goes into a ditch/field which prompted my 911 call. He must have kicked it in 4WD to get through the snow. He made a series of u-turns to either lose me or just because he had no clue where he was going. A cop lit him up at the same spot I initially tailed him just before he got to my neighborhood heading the opposite direction. After enough time, I passed by again to see him cuffed with the flashlights checking out his pupils and another car to transport him to jail. Just couldn't let a guy go and potentially change the lives of someone else in a drunk driving accident.

kelmac07
12-31-2012, 04:34 AM
:tu :tu

big_jaygee
12-31-2012, 06:01 AM
Good catch brother... I'm tired of seeing senseless deaths and injuries due to people who choose to drive drunk :tu

icehog3
12-31-2012, 08:20 AM
Geez, when I do that, they call me a "pig". :confused: :lr

irratebass
12-31-2012, 08:33 AM
Nice job Duane :tu

CigarNut
12-31-2012, 08:55 AM
Geez, when I do that, they call me a "pig". :confused: :lr

I always thought being called a pig was a good thing...

PIG == Perserverence, Integrity, Guts

jluck
12-31-2012, 09:58 AM
I always thought being called a pig was a good thing...

PIG == Perserverence, Integrity, Guts

I thought it was....Prefers Inhaling Ghurkas...

never_enough
12-31-2012, 10:31 AM
Good job :tu

jonumberone
12-31-2012, 10:33 AM
I guess I was the only one told never to rat? :sh

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8oH8keU8TU0rhOqNKdrEEIfHfjL6AL uRKSPqg4vS_HnbEgR41GQ

sikk50
12-31-2012, 01:36 PM
I love seeing drunk drivers get hemmed. Especially on the holidays, their good time shouldn't ruin other people's lives.

Good job

forgop
12-31-2012, 01:55 PM
I guess I was the only one told never to rat? :sh

Are you saying you'd watch a guy who nearly hits the guardrail on the opposite side of the road, completely drives off the road/into a field, and nearly has 2 head-on collisions with oncoming cars at 5am and let him go about his way?

Sorry, but after following the guy for just half a mile, I couldn't have gone to bed with a clean conscious knowing he might hit someone else-and it damn near happened twice just in the ~15 min I tailed him. Luckily it was at 5am when there was hardly anyone else on the road or we'd have been dispatching more than the police.

icehog3
12-31-2012, 02:19 PM
Then with all the DUIs I have arrested, I should be in the front row in Heaven! :wo

Zane
12-31-2012, 02:28 PM
Are you saying you'd watch a guy who nearly hits the guardrail on the opposite side of the road, completely drives off the road/into a field, and nearly has 2 head-on collisions with oncoming cars at 5am and let him go about his way?

Sorry, but after following the guy for just half a mile, I couldn't have gone to bed with a clean conscious knowing he might hit someone else-and it damn near happened twice just in the ~15 min I tailed him. Luckily it was at 5am when there was hardly anyone else on the road or we'd have been dispatching more than the police.

I hope he was kidding...

bobarian
12-31-2012, 04:41 PM
Then with all the DUIs I have arrested, I should be in the front row in Heaven! :wo

Maybe you could start a thread for each one. Then everyone would notice. :sh

icehog3
12-31-2012, 07:39 PM
Maybe you could start a thread for each one. Then everyone would notice. :sh

I flashed my brights at someone who drove by me with their headlights off tonight, my last good deed for 2012. Unless I hold the door open for my dispatcher on the way out of work tonight. Thank you for noticing, Bob. :)

bobarian
12-31-2012, 08:09 PM
I flashed my brights at someone who drove by me with their headlights off tonight, my last good deed for 2012. Unless I hold the door open for my dispatcher on the way out of work tonight. Thank you for noticing, Bob. :)

Most commendable! You da man! :banger

bobarian
12-31-2012, 08:12 PM
FYI, I let the kids watch SpongeBob last time they came over! :banger

T.G
12-31-2012, 09:26 PM

That's awesome, good job Tom! :tu :tu

Hey, everybody, bump Tom's rep for me please. :banger

maninblack
12-31-2012, 09:35 PM
I dug the snow shovel out of the garage for my wife tonight. She will need it tomorrow.

Gophernut
01-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Just a half mile from the entrance of my neighborhood, I came up behind 2 cars. The one directly in front of me flashed his bright lights several times and turned into our neighborhood. I was a bit intrigued, so I continued on past my normal turn. Just a half a mile later, he crosses the center and nearly hits the guard rail of a bridge. After another near head-on collision, he then goes into a ditch/field which prompted my 911 call. He must have kicked it in 4WD to get through the snow. He made a series of u-turns to either lose me or just because he had no clue where he was going. A cop lit him up at the same spot I initially tailed him just before he got to my neighborhood heading the opposite direction. After enough time, I passed by again to see him cuffed with the flashlights checking out his pupils and another car to transport him to jail. Just couldn't let a guy go and potentially change the lives of someone else in a drunk driving accident.

Good for you. For a private citizen to do the right thing is commendable. I personally feel you deserve the acknowledgement.:tu:tu:tu