PDA

View Full Version : hey guys

BigE610
12-10-2008, 10:43 AM
how are all things pipe related. I havent posted yet on this site i think. I ve been so busy lately with the holidays and with my wife being pregnant. Its our first and i have so much do to get done before the little guy gets here. Hope everythingis well here. I havent been able to smoke my pipe much lately either. thats got me pretty bummed as well. The weather hear is so dam cold right now i cant stand being outside for to long. cant wait for spring. well thought i would say hello. Have a happy holiday season my friends

Erik

webjunkie
12-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Hey Erik,

Welcome to the asylum. I hear you on the cold. Just got a new estate from Frenchy and I've been dying to try it out. Tomorrow will be the first time for a couple of weeks when warmish weather and free time might coincide with each other.

Congrats on the pregnancy.

Hydrated
12-10-2008, 09:09 PM
I ve been so busy lately with the holidays and with my wife being pregnant.

What's to be so busy about? She does all the preggers-type work! You just sit back and let the bun get done... :D

Mister Moo
12-11-2008, 02:40 PM
How you doin'? Pretty darn quiet over here in this almost-a-pipe-forum.

You wife being pregnant is the most exciting thing that's happened since the Escudo supply got tight. :D When's she due?

If it's your first I strongly suggest you and Mrs. BigE610 take the opportunity to go out as often as you can, anywhere, for anything. Go to the movies. Stay up late. Do it now 'cause it's gonna be a while...

MTB996
12-11-2008, 03:03 PM
How you doin'? Pretty darn quiet over here in this almost-a-pipe-forum.

You wife being pregnant is the most exciting thing that's happened since the Escudo supply got tight. :D When's she due?

If it's your first I strongly suggest you and Mrs. BigE610 take the opportunity to go out as often as you can, anywhere, for anything. Go to the movies. Stay up late. Do it now 'cause it's gonna be a while...

Boy, I can second that advice. :tu If you can swing it, go on a short vacation and try this soon-to-be-missed concept of sleeping-in. I remember way back a few years ago when I slept in.... it was fun.:D

Anyway, on the pipe front, I finally broke down and picked up a Benton starter pipe and a few ounces of tobacco. I did it to enjoy in the garage in the winter, as the smell is much more bearable to the misses. After 5-10 bowls, I am really starting to enjoy this.

One thing is for sure, with all the pipe tobacco offerings out there, this will not become a boring hobby anytime soon.

Sorry for the threadjack. Congrats on the impending new addition.

Mister Moo
12-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Boy, I can second that advice. :tu If you can swing it, go on a short vacation and try this soon-to-be-missed concept of sleeping-in. I remember way back a few years ago when I slept in.... it was fun.:DOh yeah! Right! Sleeping late is key. Definitely sleep late and neglect something you THOUGHT was worth getting up for.

physiognomy
12-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Welcome to the pipe forum & congrat's to you & your wife!

BigE610
12-15-2008, 02:51 PM
thanks for the advice ive been doing my fair share of sleeping in. Now i need to find time for the pipe. i have a ton of tobacco and no time to smoke it. I wish it wasnt so cold here in chicago. oh well. it only gets better with age right?