PDA

View Full Version : RP 15th Anniversary

Sadden
12-16-2012, 12:53 AM
So after reading some positive stuff about these on here i gave them another shot. I bought 2 singles in toro a few months back..

I tried one fresh and it was plugged up so bad i threw 3/4 of the stick away. Havent really been in the mood for anything that dark really (im mild-medium guy)

So tonight i was fealling adventerous and the weather was co-operating so i put fire to the second one. 6 months later im much more impressed with the flavor and burn.

The light was spicy but the cigar quickly settled into a dark earthy blend with a mild spicy finish , mostly in the back of the throat.

1/3 stayed like this with a hint of nuttines.

2/3 spice picked up a little and i got some verrry dark earthy notes with a long finish. I did need to clip some off and relight it due to some burn issues , might have been the -20c weather..

3/3 Earthiness dropped off slightly and i got more nuttiness and slightly less spice. The strength of the cigar was starting to get the better of me but i managed to finish it off.

All in all it was a good smoke. If you like dark earthy flavors with a long spicy finish then this is definately the cigar for you. Typically im not a fan of stronger heavier cigars like this. I did enjoy the earthiness but the strength was a bit too much for my noobiness. Sorry but no pics tonight.

equetefue
12-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the review. I have three of them sitting in the cabinet for a while now. Maybe Ill have one this week.

Scottw
12-16-2012, 08:45 AM
I had ne over the summer and liked it very much.

equetefue
12-16-2012, 08:59 AM
I feel they are a tad overprice, is it just me? also how do they compare to the RP Fifty ?

Scottw
12-16-2012, 09:51 AM
Paid 10 bucks at a b and m for a toro size which was tolerable. I never had the 50 so I cannot compare them for you