PDA

View Full Version : Anime

12-12-2012, 10:22 AM
I did a search and found nothing but an old thread about cigars in anime. I am sure there are a few of you out there who enjoy watching the stuff. I am relativity new to it and have only watched a few series, was wondering what others have enjoyed, or any suggestions could be made to check out based on what I have seen

Samurai 7
High School of the Dead
Claymore
Jyu-Oh-Sei: Planet of the Beast King
The Sacred Blacksmith
Last Exile
Naruto (Shippuden)
Couple seasons of Bleach

Pretty sure that's the extent of my anime. What have you enjoyed?

deadrise
12-12-2012, 11:20 AM
lol ok I will bite every wednesday I read my Naruto manga......hhmmm reminds me http://www.mangapanda.com/

Robulous78
12-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Ninja Scroll was pretty good... and Afro-samurai was a decent flick...

LostAbbott
12-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Oh my god brother you need to expand.... Start with Trigun... One of the best ever.

Then...

Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Gungrave
Ghost in the Shell (movies and two seasons of shows)

come back for more when you are done. Make sure to watch Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo in Japanese, the director has a way with making the words and sounds rhyme and sort of sing, it is really key to specific characters....

12-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Thanks fellas

DaBear
08-21-2013, 07:43 PM
Idk why I never thought to see if there was anyone on here who watches anime.

Brendon, if you're still looking for recs, heres a list of some of my favorites to watch:
Mushishi(all time favorite, very relaxing and highly episodic, dont try to rush through it)
Eden of the East(if you can get past the character designs, its got a good story)
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0(oh man that ending)
Akira(A classic must see movie)
Kara no Kyoukai(well written movie series, the 5th movie takes the cake)
Paprika(The late Satoshi Kon's best work, much better than anything Ghibli/Miyazaki to me)
Arakawa Under the Bridge(great comedy, good intro to SHAFT comedies as well)
Full Metal Panic(a good mecha/comedy)
Bartender(another good highly episodic relaxing show)
Baccano(there's a dub, but the sub is vastly better, mainly for the VAs they got for Isaac and Maria)
Jin-Roh(another good action flick)
5 cm/s(watch it just for the well drawn scenery)
Anything Gundam, aside from SEED(bonus points for MSG as its a classic)