PDA

View Full Version : Life too short to smoke cheap cigars

grinsebring
12-05-2012, 04:29 PM
But for me the pocketbook rules. I like my Perdumo champagnes and chewy Gurkas. These are my "treat" smokes. What I call an every day smoke usually consists of an assortment of what they made with the floor sweepings. I try almost anything till I find something worth a rebuy. Today I got my latest delivery from CI. It consisted of a mazo of Sosa rubustos and another of Garo double habanas. Now I have had a Garo before, but it was their upper tier, and it was good. First thing after the mailman handed it to me I cracked the Garo and fired one up. The package aroma was wonderfull. The wrap was acceptable, not bony for a cheapie. This was a great smoke, stayed lit to the finish, and overall more than pleasurable for the cost of a mere 29 bucks for 20. I am retired and golf 3 to 4 times a week. I do waste a smoke once in a while as sharp power turns with a golf cart can send a decent smoke to its grave. I do about 5 to 6 smokes a week, plus hand out a few. I like to get rid of the "rags" on the casual player smoker in my foresome.:hy If anyone else likes a good buy they were on page 16 december cat.....Gil

iaMkcK
12-05-2012, 04:41 PM
.. K.

SvilleKid
12-05-2012, 05:27 PM
It all goes back to "smoke what you like!" What I like may not be what you like, and vice-versa, so I make no judgements on what other people like and don't! If I assumed every cheap stick was a bad stick, I'd have missed out on some great sticks in the past, like the Famous 3000 Nics!

Glad you have found some sticks you like at a price that makes smoking cigars financially acceptable for your budget!!!

Just watch that cliff...... It can tend to creep up on you!!

CoffeeWaterBeer
12-06-2012, 08:08 AM
I'm with you Gilbert. I have a mental 3 tier system. Everyday smokes, mid-range quiet time smokes, and the ones I'm saving for a special occasion.

I'll give the Garos a try since they don't break the bank and I'll have the space for them.

In return, might I suggest the Nestor Miranda Dopplebok. A little more if purchased through CI but much cheaper if you go through the devil site. Nice daily smoke for the cost, I'm planning on keeping a stock of these since they're enjoyable to me, yet I wont feel bad passing them out to buddies.

Happy smoking :)

cmitch
12-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Too many cigars on the market to try every one and to like every one. It got to a point where the vast majority of what I tried was crap. One such was the Panacea line. Those just cost too much for the risk of getting some very bad cigars.

pektel
12-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Tampa Sweeetheart #500 maduros for an NC choice of cheap smokes.

CC's, I actually always try to have a box or 2 of Quinteros on hand. Been out for quite a while though. I've had my cigar spending down to zero for months now. It's nice to start smoking through the cigars instead of constantly trying new ones.

jjirons69
12-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Welcome, Gilbert! You sound like my kind of golfer (and cart driver)!

timj219
12-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Life's too short to smoke bad cigars. There's no requirement IMO that cheap cigars be bad.

grinsebring
12-06-2012, 02:51 PM
T.R.Marshalls tongue in cheek statement, "What this country needs is a good 5 cent cigar" holds true today. There are of course no good 5 cent cigars. They went the way of 25 cent gas and 20 cent loaves of bread. Gas and bread are now 3.50. Minimum wage has increased in parity. Two buck cigars are the norm. Some are good some are bad, diferent tastes for different folks.
I am new here and didn't find a thread on decent 2 buck smokes. I fill the space between special occasion $10 smokes with two buckers as I am fairly sure many others on this board do as well. Just putting one out there for consideration as I hoped others would too. Thanks Coffeewaterbeer for the doppleback suggestion. i have smoked Nestor Mirandors before, just not the Dbs. I will try them next month....Gil

The Poet
12-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Two letters and one word, Gil . . . JR, Consuegra.

pnoon
12-06-2012, 03:13 PM
T.R.Marshalls tongue in cheek statement, "What this country needs is a good 5 cent cigar" holds true today. There are of course no good 5 cent cigars. They went the way of 25 cent gas and 20 cent loaves of bread. Gas and bread are now 3.50. Minimum wage has increased in parity. Two buck cigars are the norm. Some are good some are bad, diferent tastes for different folks.
I am new here and didn't find a thread on decent 2 buck smokes. I fill the space between special occasion $10 smokes with two buckers as I am fairly sure many others on this board do as well. Just putting one out there for consideration as I hoped others would too. Thanks Coffeewaterbeer for the doppleback suggestion. i have smoked Nestor Mirandors before, just not the Dbs. I will try them next month....Gil

http://67.222.135.200/vb/showthread.php?t=643

blank
12-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Im new to this hobbie and i really enjoyed a Vegas 5 relic i had the other day, but im still figuing out what i like.

TJtorpedo
12-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Im new to this hobbie and i really enjoyed a Vegas 5 relic i had the other day, but im still figuing out what i like.

You're off and running! For me, trying new smokes is 90% of the fun. The other 10% is trying to figure out how to pay for them all!

Bushman
12-21-2012, 06:03 PM
I have been smoking cigars for about 5 years now. Not a regular smoker. Sometimes I wll go for a couple weeks between smokes. I love the assortment of cigars one can get off a sampler buy. All too often these are over $70.
I know enough to know the top brands but every so often I take a shot at the "regular" stuff. I wish I could find a cigar I like for about $20 for 16. So far I have'nt been able to break the $40 for 16 mark.
I love maduro, double maduro and there was this one connecticut but I'll be damned if I can remember what it was but it was awesome.