PDA

View Full Version : Cigar Bar at the Meridian Lounge

shibby4781
11-26-2012, 09:16 AM
Hi All! We will be setting sail on the Disney Dream in just over a week! I can't wait to get out of the cold! I read there is a cigar bar at the Meridian Lounge. Has anyone been there and know what they offer?

racerX
11-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Found this via search

Located between Palo and Remy, Meridian is an adults-only lounge inspired by the early—and adventurous—days of sea travel, where Guests can enjoy a pre-dinner or post-dinner cocktail amid an indoor ocean view setting or breezy outdoor deck. The décor incorporates navigational tools, maps on the walls and a constellation map illuminated by fiber optics across the ceiling. Meridian's outdoor deck also provides a perfect spot to watch a romantic sunset or to relax with a cigar selected from a fine assortment available at the bar.

Have a great time

CigarNut
11-26-2012, 06:40 PM
I have been there -- on both the Disney Dream and the Disney Fantasy. It's a nice little place and you can go there any time. However, there are only bar tenders and servers on staff afternoon and evening. I usually go to one of the other bars and bring my drinks with me to Meridian when it is not staffed.

They have a humidor; it is a little spendy and they only sell NCs. They have a decent selection of alcohol.

shibby4781
11-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the info! I figured it would be over priced NCs. Do they mind if you smoke your own there?

CigarNut
11-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the info! I figured it would be over priced NCs. Do they mind if you smoke your own there?
I always bring my own cigars on my cruises. Never had a problem. The only time I purchase cgars is if I am smoking in a B&M.

racerX
11-27-2012, 09:58 PM
It's Disney - you could take a dump in the lounge as long as you have a seven day hopper pass and signed up for the photo package. I kid because I love. Bring your own, order a drink and your in like flin.

shibby4781
12-04-2012, 05:34 PM
It's Disney - you could take a dump in the lounge as long as you have a seven day hopper pass and signed up for the photo package. I kid because I love. Bring your own, order a drink and your in like flin.

We are DVC members and Annual Pass holders. You wouldn't believe the stuff we can get away with! Actually they just point, laugh and call us suckers. Then ask if we want to buy an over priced commemorative shirt which we gladly do. We love Disney and its a blast everytime! We will be there in less than 24 hours! Thanks for the info!

CigarNut
12-04-2012, 06:05 PM
We are DVC members as well and always have a good time at the parks and on the ships. We are going to be on the Disney Fantasy and then at the parks next spring for our 30th Anniversary. Can't wait!

shibby4781
12-05-2012, 09:35 AM
We are DVC members as well and always have a good time at the parks and on the ships. We are going to be on the Disney Fantasy and then at the parks next spring for our 30th Anniversary. Can't wait!

30 years! Congratulations! We are celebrating our 2nd down there next Tuesday. T-minus 6 hours until take off!

CigarNut
12-05-2012, 09:45 AM
30 years! Congratulations! We are celebrating our 2nd down there next Tuesday. T-minus 6 hours until take off!
I hope you have a great time!

racerX
12-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Enjoy!!!

shibby4781
01-14-2013, 12:01 AM
Well I know this is late but it has been a very busy time since I've returned from vacation. It was a magical trip to say the least. The Meridian Lounge is a hidden gem on the Disney Dream! I had it to myself most nights. The staff was awesome and drinks were really good. You were able to get spirits that weren't offered elsewhere on the ship. I ended each day at this lounge and met some very nice folks there but it was never crowded, maybe 6 people at the most one night. The only thing better was spending every day with my beautiful wife.

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u479/shibby4781/Disney%20December%202012/P1020815_zps5690f2bb2_zpsd21f3d48.jpg

I wish I would have taken a picture of the cigar list. All I remember was taking one look at it and seeing sticks for $26. I had my own so I really didn't pay much attention to their menu.

Rob_M
01-14-2013, 01:23 AM
Glad to hear the trip was good. :tu I took a cruise a couple years back, the cigar lounge was great...I wasn't smoking then but I hung out there plenty. It was nice and peaceful, with great leather seats and cool tunes playing :=:

Skywalker
01-14-2013, 07:18 AM
Glad you had a fun trip and were able to relax with a nice cigar!!!:tu

CigarNut
01-14-2013, 08:05 AM
Very cool! Good to hear that you enjoyed yourself!