PDA

View Full Version : Kind of a sad story from RED DAWN production

OLS
11-18-2012, 02:50 PM
Yes this is a cool story, but definitely, its sad if you love Southern Michigan.

MM: From what I heard, you shot this in Detroit and pretty much were given free rein to blow up everything.

CH: It was crazy. I remember we were shooting in the city -- downtown in Detroit -- at three in the morning,
and literally blowing things up and firing weapons and what have you. And I said, "Are we going to disturb the
neighbors?" Unbeknownst to me, a lot of that area was empty buildings. We were somehow allowed to do it,
and it was insane. We have this run of the city, and it was like a big giant set because it was a bit of a ghost
town in certain areas.

All from this Yah-hew story.
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/chris-hemsworth-recalls-scary-incident-set-red-dawn-004419531.html

Chainsaw13
11-18-2012, 05:38 PM
I see the city on a nearly daily basis. It's sad to see how some neighborhoods are gone. But there are pockets that are thriving and growing. Hopefully it can spill over into other areas.

BigCat
11-18-2012, 05:47 PM
They were shooting this in the business district mostly, which does not have a lot of residential space. My office is right there and I heard a lot of the gunfire, etc. during the day. The business district is dead when business isn't being conducted. There are younger professionals starting to take up residence in the surrounding areas, but it is not very residential where they did the bulk of the filming.

blugill
11-18-2012, 05:56 PM
I thought the sad part was that they decided to remake a movie that didn't need to be remade.

JohnRogers
11-18-2012, 08:29 PM
I've never been to Detroit although the Woodward Dream Cruise is on my bucket list. I do read FREEP a few times a week keeping up on the auto industry. The frequent slide show articles about a former great city decaying are sad. Detroit Shrink to Survive!

I thought the sad part was that they decided to remake a movie that didn't need to be remade.
True 'dat. Also sad that brave Hollywood filmmakers caved into pressures of the Chi-Com market doing a white wash that now has North Korea invading the USA.

PearlS4
11-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Agreed.
Hollywood seems to be running out of ideas, some movies now are on their 3rd or 4th go round.