PDA

View Full Version : Miguel Cabrera wins AL MVP!

icehog3
11-15-2012, 05:57 PM
22 of 28 1st place votes.

Before the flaming begins, AL ROTY Mike Trout had an amazing season as well and is one helluva ball player.

But this thread pays homage to two ballplayers who both deserve recognition today:

2012 AL MVP Miguel MIGGY Cabrera!

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/MVP.png

And a special mention for Prince Fielder, who last season provided "protection" for NL MVP Ryan Braun by batting behind him, and this season did the same for Cabrera....they both owe a big part of their success to the Prince!

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/Prince3.jpg

Starscream
11-15-2012, 06:17 PM
Trout is a young guy who will get plenty of other opportunities. Congrats to Miggy! Triple crown and MVP! Too bad he didn't get a ring to go along with that, but it wasn't his time.

Starscream
11-15-2012, 06:19 PM
I wish McCutchen had won the NL, but oh well. It is what it is.

kelmac07
11-15-2012, 06:32 PM
Congrats to Miggy. :tu :tu

CRIMPS
11-16-2012, 09:29 AM
hat tip

shilala
11-16-2012, 10:15 AM
I wish McCutchen had won the NL, but oh well. It is what it is.
Cutch's second half slide led the Succo's into oblivion.
Granted, he has a HUGE impact on that club and he's a good ball player, but so is James McDonald and his name sure wasn't thrown up there for Cy Young with the second half he had. Cutch's impact didn't lead the club into anything special. In sports you have to win to be a winner.
If he can drag the Bucs into winning their division next year and can gather another Gold Glove, I'd definately support him for MVP.
The fact that he didn't even excel in garbage time at the end of the season when other teams weren't particularly motivated speaks volumes in my mind.

Congrats to Miggy. What an AMAZING season. We probably saw something that won't be repeated in our lifetime. That's what an MVP does. :tu

Starscream
11-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Cutch's second half slide led the Succo's into oblivion.
Granted, he has a HUGE impact on that club and he's a good ball player, but so is James McDonald and his name sure wasn't thrown up there for Cy Young with the second half he had. Cutch's impact didn't lead the club into anything special. In sports you have to win to be a winner.
If he can drag the Bucs into winning their division next year and can gather another Gold Glove, I'd definately support him for MVP.
The fact that he didn't even excel in garbage time at the end of the season when other teams weren't particularly motivated speaks volumes in my mind.

Congrats to Miggy. What an AMAZING season. We probably saw something that won't be repeated in our lifetime. That's what an MVP does. :tu

I agree with you 100%, Scott. I didn't expect him to win, i just wished he would have won. Those "pesky" Pirates don't have a lot going for them other than McCutchen and McDonald.

Remo
11-16-2012, 05:36 PM
Triple Crown, MVP......let's give him the Cy Young also :lr