PDA

View Full Version : Looking For A New Game

blugill
11-15-2012, 04:08 PM
A friend and I are looking for something to play over the winter months when it's cold outside.
We are sick of playing MMORPGs as they are open ended and really are a time sink after a while. The grind is always the same.

We wore out Diablo 3 but after playing the same levels over and over but harder, what was the point?

Something that is adventurous, has an ending, is online co-op, and addictive as all get out.

Open to any suggestion:)

mjdx88
11-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Borderlands and Borderlands 2, by far one of the best co-op games I have played in a long time, one of the only games I done everything that can be done in,

Also coming out soon is baldur's gate ee, Great co-op RPG. If you liked the diablo games you will like baldur's gate, this is a re-make of the classic RPG from late 90's

sevans105
11-15-2012, 04:16 PM
A friend and I are looking for something to play over the winter months when it's cold outside.
We are sick of playing MMORPGs as they are open ended and really are a time sink after a while. The grind is always the same.

We wore out Diablo 3 but after playing the same levels over and over but harder, what was the point?

Something that is adventurous, has an ending, is online co-op, and addictive as all get out.

My son is loving Starcraft II at the moment. Campaign is fun...definite ending. Cool On-line arcade multi-player...user built minigames...anyway, he likes it. I have to ground him from it periodically so he does his homework.

blugill
11-15-2012, 04:20 PM
We did Starcraft 2 for months. Had a decent tag team too!

I don't have a console so console games are out unfortunately. I'm a PC guy:) LOL!

Baldur's Gate EE looks like what we are looking for actually!
Shame it's not available yet!

mjdx88
11-15-2012, 04:46 PM
It should be out soon, it was suppose to be out for the middle of September but got pushed back due to a few bugs.

iaMkcK
11-15-2012, 06:10 PM
I'm partial to Ragnarok Online. Super old Korean game, recently went F2P.. It has it's problems, but I'm a nostalgia nut. No real ending though, so I realize that is a drawback. Can't think of any MMORPGs with an ending [End-game sure, but ending.. Not so much]

Starscream
11-15-2012, 06:47 PM

Skyrim?

Blak Smyth
11-16-2012, 05:08 AM
Halo always had a fun co-op campaign but the MP is old news.

blugill
11-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Those sound fun, just not a console gamer. I'm a pc gamer:)

Starscream
11-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Skyrim is on pc.

Starscream
11-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Top ten PC games this year:
http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?mode=top&platform=5&type=top_rated

Maybe the list will give you some ideas.

oooo35980
11-16-2012, 04:59 PM
Left 4 Dead 2, steam has it for like 20 bucks. There are a bunch of missions all with endings (Sort of), great co-op, low system requirements.

blugill
12-02-2012, 07:07 AM
We've started playing Planetside 2!
Fabulous game and free!

VirtualSmitty
12-02-2012, 07:18 AM
Mechwarrior Online :tu

dwoodward
12-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Check out Borderlands 2. If you get it, hit me up via PM for my steam account info. I'd love to jump in with you sometime.

Conch Republican
12-03-2012, 07:55 AM
Black Ops 2? :-)