PDA

View Full Version : CI AJ fernandez overruns?

Drazzil
11-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Anyone have experience with these? Were you satisfied with your purchase?

11-15-2012, 08:26 AM
I was, ended up getting a bundle of SL Ovals outta it. Its kinda a grab bag deal, if that makes sense.

CigarSquid
11-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Been wanting to try them as well.. Not sure if I want all 20 for never having one. I got a few emails from CI.. Temping, but I have yet to pull the trigger.

Few other 'specials' I have bought in mazo form.. Wasn't to happy with. Scared of them now.

cobra03
11-15-2012, 10:46 AM
Picked up a bundle when they first came out. Ended up with a maduro of some sort. Could never id it but what ever line it was from it was good for the price. I was gifted another that was not a maduro and it was fantastic really wish i knew what line it was from. I was considering ordering another bundle to have on hand. For the price its a great deal as long as you dont mind the roulette aspect of it. Never know what your going to get.

Robulous78
11-15-2012, 01:08 PM
I saw these also... tempting at 25 dollars.... :hm

Drazzil
11-20-2012, 08:55 AM
So here's what I did folks. I really love the Oval, but not so hot on the rest of the blends. I called CI and asked if they could specifically send me San Lustiano oval seconds.

Of course I was laughed at. But my suggestion really was reasonable, :su and after talking to two customer service representatives and a manager... -

I found someone who claimed they knew what the oval looked like, and volia. She said could pull two bundles of the maduro. :tu

I ordered two bundles with the free shipping option. :noon

I just got a call back and it looks like she could only get me one bundle. ;s

But hey, twenty five bucks and if its not what I ordered I get to sell it to a friend! ;)

11-20-2012, 08:59 AM
Sweet man. Good luck

Torpedo2
11-20-2012, 09:06 AM
For $25 a bundle, and I like what A J makes for cigars, I would pull the trigger on these. I'm like alot of you in the sense that in my younger cigar days, I would bite on alot of the specials to end up with something I didn't care for. When you factor in the per stick cost, it's a dam cheap smoke thats likely so good a something that cost alot more.

Drazzil
11-20-2012, 09:14 AM
I am a little gun shy on CI these days as 90% of the sticks I bought from them in my newbie days I had to blow out, up to and including some Don Lino Africa I got a year ago.

BeerAdvocate
11-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Almost anything AJF is worth it. Even more so if you can get the Ovals!

CigarSquid
11-20-2012, 01:25 PM
OK I broke down and bought some 2nds. I bought the AB 2nds(24.50) and Nicaraguan 90+ 2nds(25.00). Used the free shipping link.

The AJ Overruns didn't have the size I wanted.

iaMkcK
11-21-2012, 10:11 AM
I got a Overrun gifted to me.. Sad to say, it was horrendously plugged. It seemed like it would have been nice, though. It was a 6.5x48 Toro.

whodeeni
12-01-2012, 12:23 PM
I got a Overrun gifted to me.. Sad to say, it was horrendously plugged. It seemed like it would have been nice, though. It was a 6.5x48 Toro.

sounds more like a churchill to me.

Drazzil
12-10-2012, 09:22 AM
I got what I wanted and they are currently my favorite smokes.

Aron
01-24-2013, 04:46 PM
I'm definitely going to have to order a bundle. Cheap ovals just seem like a no-brainer to me!

irratebass
12-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Locks purchase (scotty) generously sent me a couple of the Oval BP.... Wow! These were great....would like to find a bundle of these. Thanks again Scott!

Lockspur
12-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Quite welcome Mickey! I bought the AJ Overrun coronas twice. Once was the SL Oval maddie 2nds...the second time was natural coronas.

Bought AJFO robustos a while back...maduro...don't know the blend...but they are fantastic. Ask MarkinCA. :)

Now that I know the CI folks are a little receptive to requests, I may see if they have any other maddie overruns I can grab.

MarkinAZ
12-31-2013, 01:15 AM
Quite welcome Mickey! I bought the AJ Overrun coronas twice. Once was the SL Oval maddie 2nds...the second time was natural coronas.

Bought AJFO robustos a while back...maduro...don't know the blend...but they are fantastic. Ask MarkinCA. :)

Now that I know the CI folks are a little receptive to requests, I may see if they have any other maddie overruns I can grab.

I'll second that:tu

kelmac07
12-31-2013, 05:24 AM
I ordered the coronas and ended up with a bundle of San Lotano Oval Coronas (unbanded of course). Very tasty!! :tu :tu

MarkinAZ
01-03-2014, 08:32 AM
On January 2, CI ran a "Weekly Special" for these on their web page. Ordered two bundles of the robusto' @ $25 a bundle.

CI is still running their banner ad as of this morning, but when you click the banner, the page it takes you to states the promo is not available at this time...:sh

14holestogie
01-03-2014, 08:58 AM
On January 2, CI ran a "Weekly Special" for these on their web page. Ordered two bundles of the robusto' @ $25 a bundle.

CI is still running their banner ad as of this morning, but when you click the banner, the page it takes you to states the promo is not available at this time...:sh

Came up for me, Mark. :confused:

MarkinAZ
01-03-2014, 10:27 AM
Came up for me, Mark. :confused:

Maybe they had it down for a reload or something. Anyways, on a different pc and it appeared once again:D

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/specials/weekly-special/?slide=1