PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Official Thread

elderboy02
11-13-2012, 09:31 AM
I'm going to pick up a copy at Gamestop on the way home and play some tonight.

Anybody played it yet today?

LasciviousXXX
11-13-2012, 09:36 AM
I was wondering when this thread would eventually pop up :tu

Not yet Dan, waiting for my copy to arrive from Amazon. So until about 11am I am going to be especially productive :D

elderboy02
11-13-2012, 09:40 AM
I was wondering when this thread would eventually pop up :tu

Not yet Dan, waiting for my copy to arrive from Amazon. So until about 11am I am going to be especially productive :D

I should have called in sick today. I really want to play. LOL.

Blak Smyth
11-13-2012, 09:45 AM
I have not decided if I want to get it yet or not. I have been playing MW3 a lot lately but wouldn't mind a change, just not sure if I can justify the $60 right now.

LasciviousXXX
11-13-2012, 09:48 AM
I know the feeling Dan. I have things to do today but they will more than likely wait until tomorrow :D

I have that same thought every year Shane David. I invest a good portion of time into the previous year's game and am never sure if I want to invest in a new one (especially at the $60 cost + DLC etc). However, I almost always forgot this hesitation once I've actually started playing. And from the multi-player gameplay I've seen thus far from Blops2, this will be the COD that changes the way all future titles are produced. Some exciting things in this year's game.

cjhalbrooks
11-13-2012, 10:03 AM
I am wondering about the game play. How is it?

Blak Smyth
11-13-2012, 10:05 AM
I know the feeling Dan. I have things to do today but they will more than likely wait until tomorrow :D

I have that same thought every year Shane David. I invest a good portion of time into the previous year's game and am never sure if I want to invest in a new one (especially at the $60 cost + DLC etc). However, I almost always forgot this hesitation once I've actually started playing. And from the multi-player gameplay I've seen thus far from Blops2, this will be the COD that changes the way all future titles are produced. Some exciting things in this year's game.

Maybe I will test the waters with the wife when she wakes up, she wears the pants.
You are a good sell!

LasciviousXXX
11-13-2012, 10:21 AM
What can I say? I watched all the initial gameplay at E3 and the subsequent gameplay reviews by some pros and instantly saw that this was a different game multi-player wise than any other COD.

In other news, the UPS guy came by early today....

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o278/LasciviousXXX/28A2E934-56A4-479C-8698-0F5499436707-3973-000002FB1DE7A324.jpg

There goes the rest of my day! :D

I'll let you know what I think Cory

Blak Smyth
11-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Well?.......

elderboy02
11-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Well?.......

Must be pretty good since he hasn't posted :D

macsauce13
11-13-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm logging into my first match. I'll update later!

macsauce13
11-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Quick update:

After only two matchups, I will say it feels very much like BLOPS to me. Graphics havent improved a ton, gameplay is very quick. Havent had a chance with many of the killstreaks but it looks like there are some pretty sweet setups.

I do NOT like the create a class set up. Too many buttons and areas to get to. It isn't a vertical setup like MW3, more like a checkerboard setup. The maps remind me a bit of N64 Goldeneye. Obviously MUCH better, but blocky and simple.

Overall, its about what I expected and after only 10 minutes of gameplay I dont see much to hate, but I don't see a lot to love.

mahtofire14
11-13-2012, 12:33 PM
I started off a big COD fan....I have since moved over to Battlefield because I feel the realism factor is much higher in Battlefield. That being said....I was wondering if Black Ops is still straight run and gun shooter, or starting to get more into the realism/strategy game?

macsauce13
11-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Treyarch spawn points are as bad as ever.

LasciviousXXX
11-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Ok, after a couple of hours of gameplay here is my impression. I could not disagree more with McKenzie on this one. BO2, imo, has the most solid multi-player in the entire COD franchise. This is mainly for three different reasons: create a class, immersive and multi-faceted level system, & balance in regards to player classes.

The balance as far as Black Ops 1 was concerned was head and shoulders above MW/MW2/WaW. Black Ops 2 expands upon that and creates a better system for multi-player. Hell, I played MW3 two days ago and feel the huge difference between the two. The immersive level system is fairly impressive. The variation in the style and size of the maps is probably BO2's second biggest draw. MW3 started to play around with this concept in a lot of their DLC content over the past few drops. BO2 perfected it. The style and attention to detail in the levels themselves is impressive to someone who has played the last 4-5 COD offerings. Variation in night sights on weapons was a fun thing to experience. Also, the different settings in the maps are more detailed than MW3's.

However, the biggest advantage to me is the create a class system. This system breaks out of the linear setup that has been included in all of the COD titles. True customization is something that has been missing from COD and something that other games have embraced. The new weapon setup is exactly what BO2 needed to include. The extreme level of customization changes the way the gameplay is setup and is very noticeable when playing in multi-player. I played around with it a bit and have set up two absolutely contrasting style classes and seen the advantages of each. To me, the create a class system is the #1 reason for any COD player to pick up this title.

Now the downsides, the graphics.... ugh. I cannot even explain how disappointed I am in the graphics. Once again, Treyarch doesn't do enough with them to be worthy of the style of gameplay that they have created. I haven't delved into the single player missions yet but I hear they are fun.

More to come later :D

macsauce13
11-13-2012, 12:59 PM
It seemed to me like we actually agreed on pretty much everything but the levels themselves.

Have you played the map with the ship? I played it 4 times in a row and the spawning was just awful. There are two spawnpoints that face completely opposite a camper paradise. You drop there, you die.

LasciviousXXX
11-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Well, everything except the class system. Lol. I have played the ship on team deathmatch and the spawnpoints were what I expected from a map so small. Similar points as the original Nuketown IMO. The sniper thing to me isn't a huge deal because of the new sniper trail, which I neglected to mention previously. Gone are the days of sniper prolonged camping as BO2 has included a new smoke trail like system which shows the trajectory of the snipers bullet. It makes it impossible for the snipers to just sit in one place a d encourages tactical sniper camping. Constant movement!

LasciviousXXX
11-13-2012, 02:15 PM
The hellfire missile is AWESOME!

That is all :D

Edit - 5 hours in and I can safely say this is my favorite COD for multiplayer.

cjhalbrooks
11-13-2012, 03:30 PM
I want

Ubiquitous
11-13-2012, 03:49 PM
I will pick my copy up this week. Any takers on a Asylum clan?

mahtofire14
11-13-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm liking it. I like the asylum clan idea. Not the best player in the world but it would be fun.

LasciviousXXX
11-13-2012, 04:25 PM
If you're on PS3 I'm down with the CA clan idea. I'm friends with quite a few of the CA guys already but if I don't have you added just send me a request at Lascivious777.

macsauce13
11-13-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm LOVING some of the new game types .

mfarre03
11-14-2012, 02:57 AM
Picked this baby up yesterday morning, up to Level 13. I have to say I am loving it so far, haven't played the Campaign yet, just multi death-match. The graphics are different, very soft graphics, in my opinion. I don't think they are bad, just a little different then I do like that it takes a little more to put opponents down. Hopefully I get more into it today when I get home from work.

Blak Smyth
11-14-2012, 05:20 AM
Well I somehow got the boss (wife) to say I guess you can buy it.
Stood in line for 30 minutes last night, hahah.
I am not impressed so far. The graphics are very much cartoon like (But that will be okay as long as the gameplay makes up for it). I have always said video games need to focus more on gameplay than realism.
It seems to take about twice the damage to kill compared to MW3, I was thinking I knew when somebody should be dead and turn away or reload to realise they are still alive.
Maybe I will grow more fond as I unlock and get used to the game play.
So far it feels like a step back in multiplayer to me, reminds me of the tragedy that Homefront was.
I will keep an open mind as I play it more though, just over an hour in so far.

So far a 1.56 overall KDR, which isn't bad but I expect that to climb once I know what I'm doing. I didn't even use any kill streaks yet, didn't realise I didn't have any setup until I was getting off line. I just started using the MP7 and KDR is 4.00 with that one so well see if I keep that gun. I was a beast with the MPL in BO, but I used ARs in MW3 so it's a bit of a learning curve again.

I could see this game fading away quickly, but I have not played it enough to fairly judge it yet.
Also nobody knows the map yet so everybody is just running around like maniacs.

Blak Smyth
11-14-2012, 06:43 AM
What gun do you guys like best so far?
I saw some videos with sniper rifles with iron sights, anybody know how to set that up?
Maybe it is only an option on a sniper I have yet to unlock?

yachties23
11-14-2012, 06:47 AM
After the past couple releases I've decided to pass on this. The obvious hacks and cheats that they allow in multiplayer are a joke. I'm not sure if the hosting system is the same, but I still don't see how a game that sells 10 million copies can't afford dedicated servers. Using players to host games is so 1990s.

elderboy02
11-14-2012, 07:17 AM
Man, I hate the first few days of getting the game. I have a job, so I don't get to play all day. The darn 10 year old kids pick me off until I can actually learn the maps.

Blak Smyth
11-14-2012, 07:42 AM
I am looking forward to using my killstreaks, haha.
I like how the scoring works for killstreaks, I can't believe I didn't have any turned on yesterday. I miss my doggies!!!
Sounds like they made the UAV more usefull for scoring too.
After watching some vids on youtube, I think this game is going to be far more in depth than I thought after an hour of playing it. Can't wait to delve deeper into the classes.
Does anybody know the scoring system? As far as how many points a kill is and assist, etc...

ucla695
11-14-2012, 08:15 AM
I picked it up last night and was able to play the multiplayer for a little bit. I agree with Blak Smyth about the graphics and shots required to kill. I'm definitely not impressed by the graphics. They remind me of something out of Grand Theft auto. Definitely more arcade like than I prefer. I also thought I had put down people only to discover that they were still alive. Definitely takes more bullets to earn a kill. So far, I'm not really impressed with the game, but that's based on about 45 minutes of play after a long day at work. I haven't been impressed by Treyarch's past COD releases. Hopefully, this will be different once I get used to it.

Blak Smyth
11-14-2012, 08:57 AM
I am dying to get home and get into this game more, I don't know the next time I will have time for a cigar :D

macsauce13
11-14-2012, 10:33 AM
OK, at this point, I'm a few hours in and i have to say...I LOVE IT. It really is an incredible game. K/D is sitting around 1.7, and is starting to level out a bit.

ninjavanish
11-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Picked my copy up last night, a few missions into the campaign and I'm going to call this GOTY...

yachties23
11-14-2012, 11:21 AM
my brother picked it up and says its pretty good.

I still doubt I'll get it.

Last Black Ops had a real cheap look and feel.

Last 2 MW were seriously flawed, and developers did nothing to fix the massive issues.

Again this is my Multiplayer experience. I enjoyed the campaigns, but not enough to drop 60 dollars on the game.

mahtofire14
11-14-2012, 12:26 PM
I definitely think the multiplayer is very much improved! However the server flaws that are always at the start of each release are still there not unexpectedly.

cjhalbrooks
11-14-2012, 12:54 PM
I love my wife she just got it for me. We are about to play

DPD6030
11-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Waiting on pay day to pick this up and renew my gold membership for Xbox Live. Then Shane can kick my butt. :D

elderboy02
11-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Waiting on pay day to pick this up and renew my gold membership for Xbox Live. Then Shane can kick my butt. :D

Really liking it so far. Yesterday was frustrating.

Blak Smyth
11-15-2012, 05:48 AM

I tried QSing all night last night, I am pretty terrible.
I was very frustrated with all of the weapons and then... I unlocked level 22... The FAL is amazing!!! I love single shot ARs and this one packs a punch! I was doing terrible, sooo terrible until I opened this up and all of a sudden I was back!
Can't wait to play more with it! I was using the SVU sniper rifle like an AR until now, this is way better.

I am loving the classes in this game. I love that I can get rid of my secondary and replace it with another perk. Best class setup so far on any COD. I love the 10/10 setting. I am undecided on the coin unlocks and some of the latter round unlocks. I think some of the latter round unlocks will prevent many people from prestiging.

I do worry that this game doesn't have staying power, that being said I am really into it right now.

elderboy02
11-15-2012, 06:31 AM
I can't wait to unlock some better weapons. I do like how you can ditch one of your tactical grenades so that you can add another item.

hammondc
11-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Still on the fence about it. I have been on-obard since the original call of duty like 10 years ago and never missed a version. I just feel like they keep getting worse.

Blak Smyth
11-15-2012, 08:12 AM
I am starting to see the little improvements in the game. The cartoonish graphics and the ghost perk not unlocking until level 55 are my only real complaints currently.

LasciviousXXX
11-15-2012, 08:41 AM
I got a chance to preview all the weapons and perks by playing in the Team League matches for a few hours last night. In those everything is unlocked. I have to say, I cannot wait to get to level 55 as some of the weapons and perks are amazing. On a side note, my K-D ratio has been abysmal thus far but improved greatly in League play. I'm going to attribute that to me being able to build a class that suits me best. I placed 17th in the Platinum Division :tu

chippewastud79
11-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Pros:
Graphics
Being able to play Hardcore game types immediately
Starting weapons aren't as awful as they were in previous games
New Killstreak scoring system
New Killstreaks
Maps are varied and have tons of high and low access points
Pick 10 system to create a class that truly fits your style

Cons:
Spawns still suck something awful
You have to use the same Killstreaks for every class
Takes forever to rank up after the first 20 levels or so
Don't get new equipment until much higher ranks than I recall
Still cant figure out how to see the "Challenges"
Lack of true sniping maps, really only found one
If you don't use teamwork, its much tougher to win Deathmatch, no more Rambo-run-'n'-gun
My awful K/D

Overall, I like the game thus far. Maybe I am just being nitpicky. :hm

Blak Smyth
11-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Pros:
Graphics
Being able to play Hardcore game types immediately
Starting weapons aren't as awful as they were in previous games
New Killstreak scoring system
New Killstreaks
Maps are varied and have tons of high and low access points
Pick 10 system to create a class that truly fits your style

Cons:
Spawns still suck something awful
You have to use the same Killstreaks for every class
Takes forever to rank up after the first 20 levels or so
Don't get new equipment until much higher ranks than I recall
Still cant figure out how to see the "Challenges"
Lack of true sniping maps, really only found one
If you don't use teamwork, its much tougher to win Deathmatch, no more Rambo-run-'n'-gun
My awful K/D

Overall, I like the game thus far. Maybe I am just being nitpicky. :hm

You think the graphics are a pro? :confused: Overall I agree with most of your other opinions.

I got a chance to preview all the weapons and perks by playing in the Team League matches for a few hours last night. In those everything is unlocked. I have to say, I cannot wait to get to level 55 as some of the weapons and perks are amazing. On a side note, my K-D ratio has been abysmal thus far but improved greatly in League play. I'm going to attribute that to me being able to build a class that suits me best. I placed 17th in the Platinum Division :tu

What is team leagues? I do not understand that yet. I don't know why we would ever prestige with nothing good opening until that late?

macsauce13
11-15-2012, 09:12 AM
I hate the new scorestreak system. I don't like going 5-0 and not getting a single perk. Seems kind of ridiculous.

I realize I could use a UAV and get one by then, but I'd like to start at something a little more useful to me.

chippewastud79
11-15-2012, 09:24 AM
You think the graphics are a pro? :confused: Overall I agree with most of your other opinions.

Maybe its just the improvements on the landscapes and vision thru snipers and scopes, but it does seem to have a better look than previous CoD's. Or maybe I just want to like them more because it is a new game. :2

Blak Smyth
11-15-2012, 09:46 AM
I hate the new scorestreak system. I don't like going 5-0 and not getting a single perk. Seems kind of ridiculous.

I realize I could use a UAV and get one by then, but I'd like to start at something a little more useful to me.

You selfish bastid! Remind me never to play with you :r:r

macsauce13
11-15-2012, 10:15 AM
You selfish bastid! Remind me never to play with you :r:r

Haha, I only really play hardcore, so it isn't as selfish as it appears. In hardcore, I find a UAV helpful in big maps, but a hindrance on smaller maps. Don't have enough time to react if someone catches you glimpsing at the map.

chippewastud79
11-15-2012, 04:43 PM
Haha, I only really play hardcore, so it isn't as selfish as it appears. In hardcore, I find a UAV helpful in big maps, but a hindrance on smaller maps. Don't have enough time to react if someone catches you glimpsing at the map.

Speaking of which, I hate that red dots don't show up when people are firing unless a UAV is up. It made it much more tactical to check the map and see where the firing is coming from. :2

mahtofire14
11-15-2012, 05:12 PM
I pretty much only play hardcore as well. I really like it so far. I still get frustrated with some things that just come with COD games. Getting shot through walls, getting 3 rounds off on a guy only to not have any of them register while he throws one bullet in you and kills you, etc. Overall I think it's miles above MW3.

For those of you that are sick of waiting long periods of time to start a round, after you click "Find Match" and it brings up which type of game you want to play, down in the lower right corner is a option called Choose Server Type or something along those lines. It's the Square button for PS3 players, and it will allow you to chose "basic" or "best" option. Best is for people with hi speed cable internets. Has sped things up drastically for me and improved the lag time.

Starscream
11-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Maybe its just the improvements on the landscapes and vision thru snipers and scopes, but it does seem to have a better look than previous CoD's. Or maybe I just want to like them more because it is a new game. :2

I agree. From the footage I've seen so far, the environments and landscapes make up for any other graphical limitations.

Blak Smyth
11-16-2012, 04:57 AM
I am getting a little bored of this game already and the graphics are terrible. So far I think MW3 is a better FPS. This doesn't feel like COD. I have to admit I think this game has balance that other games don't have though.
I predict this game fades quickly and people will be playing something else long before the next COD is released.

(Opinions so far at level 30)

Blak Smyth
11-16-2012, 05:24 AM
My best games last night in TDM:

15-1
15-2
33-1

yachties23
11-16-2012, 05:28 AM
I am getting a little bored of this game already and the graphics are terrible. So far I think MW3 is a better FPS. This doesn't feel like COD. I have to admit I think this game has balance that other games don't have though.
I predict this game fades quickly and people will be playing something else long before the next COD is released.

(Opinions so far at level 30)

The original Black Ops felt like a crappy 90s arcade game. Poor feel of motion, and even worse cheap graphics and sounds.

I checked BO2 on my brother's PS3 last night. I saw no improvements. The MW games are far superior in graphics, sound, and feel, and even those have their flaws. I'm glad I didn't drop 60 on this.

ucla695
11-16-2012, 07:33 AM
I'm still trying to get a feel for the maps and where the choke points are. Until then, I expect to be mediocre. Hopefully I'll unlock some decent guns soon. :confused:

Blak Smyth
11-16-2012, 02:03 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8068/8190818649_24c2cacf3c.jpg

Starscream
11-16-2012, 05:14 PM
I haven't played it yet, but I don't get all the hate on the graphics. Graphics are nice, but they do not make a game. Example: Nintendo Wii has outsold both the PS3 and the 360 and it is very much inferior to both systems when it comes to graphics. Super Mario Galaxy and Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword are graphicaly inferior to numerous other games, but does that make them any less fun? Heck no! Heck, my favorite games of all time are 16 bit or less. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and the first Super Mario Bros. don't hold a candle of thought graphicaly to games like God of War 3 or Uncharted 3, but I still play them on the regular. In the few remaining arcades out there, Ms. Pac-Man and Galaga still rake in the money at only $0.25- $0.50 a game compared to newer arcade games that are over $1.00 a game.
Rant off//

Point is, graphics do not make a game. The gameplay and enjoyability are what make a game great.

I'm not a big COD fan by any means, much , less an FPS fan, but don't hate on it just b/c you think the graphics suck.

Starscream
11-17-2012, 10:56 AM
Didn't mean for my rant to kill the thread. Sorry, guys.

TJarv
11-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Just picked it up for PS3

TerdFerguson20

11-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Just picked it up for PS3

TerdFerguson20
I'm still considering getting. Think ima try and redbox it first before I drop
$60 on a game

elderboy02
11-17-2012, 11:10 PM
I am really liking the game now that I am starting to learn the maps.

They also released a patch for the PS3 so multiplayer games don't take forever now to "balance teams" :tu

TJarv
11-17-2012, 11:18 PM
I think I'll really enjoy this one once I get things down. It's taking me a little bit to learn some of the maps.

macsauce13
11-18-2012, 07:32 AM
Are you guys having server issues? I swear every other game has to migrate hosts.

TJarv
11-18-2012, 10:07 AM
Are you guys having server issues? I swear every other game has to migrate hosts.

I was yesterday

ucla695
11-19-2012, 08:30 AM
Yup, I experienced some server issues yesterday. I think they're still trying to work the bugs out.

Blak Smyth
11-19-2012, 08:59 AM
I am pretty happy with the game play so far, getting used to the smoothed simple graphics. I find I have to play much slower in this game compared to BO1. They really put a lot of thought into the MP, fixed a ton of previous issues from other games.
I am in love with the pick10 system. CTF works in this game, thankfully. CTF is my favorite game type and requires the most team work IMO. There have been some server issues but I think they will mellow out with time. I had some great games this weekend but I also had some pretty bad ones. I love the FAL with select fire and a red dot, it isn't a fast rate of fire but it is powerfull and extremely accurate. KDR dropped to 1.20 but is back up to 1.69 now.
I prestiged the FAL twice now and made it to level 55 but am hesitant to accept prestige.

My best TDM games from this weekend:
31/9 <------proud of this one...screen shot bellow. Pulled out a win single handed.
26/3
34/5
22/2
25/5
We don't need to talk about my worst ones.:r

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8477/8200450742_602ac849aa_b.jpg

Blak Smyth
11-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Does anybody know how the league stuff works?

ninjavanish
11-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Trying to get my K/D Ratio up over 3.00 this week. Having pretty good luck as a Heavy gunner, the target finder sight seems like it's a little too easy, but I'm not complaining when I'm killing 2.5 people for everytime I die.

Robulous78
11-19-2012, 09:48 AM
Anyone care to let me know how the Zombies on this game are?

I love me some Zombies... :tu

Blak Smyth
11-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Trying to get my K/D Ratio up over 3.00 this week. Having pretty good luck as a Heavy gunner, the target finder sight seems like it's a little too easy, but I'm not complaining when I'm killing 2.5 people for everytime I die.

:tu:tu Nice numbers man! What is your gamertag?

TJarv
11-19-2012, 10:13 AM
Anyone playing ps3 drop me a friend request

TerdFreguson20

elderboy02
11-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Anyone playing ps3 drop me a friend request

TerdFreguson20

I am on PS3. I am elderboy02

mfarre03
11-20-2012, 12:24 AM
Anyone care to let me know how the Zombies on this game are?

I love me some Zombies... :tu

My kid has been playing Zombies all week, says its better than the last Blops. I'm not much into Zombies, more of a Deathmatch kind of guy, lol.

BBKA_Watcher PS3 :tf

Malakai
11-20-2012, 01:23 AM
Bought it the other day. Played a few hours that night and thought it was pretty cool but didn't get too far into it. Next day went to play and my tv took a crap. Thank god for the extended warranty. The panel went out, won't be replaced until next Tuesday. No game time till then :(

Blak Smyth
11-21-2012, 06:44 AM
Decided to go ahead and prestige last night. It is kinda cool that you keep all your attachments so once you unlock a gun level again all your unlocks remain available.
You get one permanent master unlock and a choice to add a sixth class or reset your stats. You also get a 50 gamerscore acheivement for xbox live. Started a league team with 3 friends, we owon our first game but couldn't get into another game. Server issues!

elderboy02
11-21-2012, 06:48 AM
Did you take a 6th class, or did you reset your stats?

Blak Smyth
11-21-2012, 06:54 AM
Did you take a 6th class, or did you reset your stats?

I took the class :tu

TJarv
11-21-2012, 06:56 AM
The league sounds fun, I'd like to join one once I'm able to play again. Got everything packed up and in storage right now, but I'll be back on around new years

Blak Smyth
11-21-2012, 07:00 AM
I dropped out of my MW3 level 50 clan and started a COD Elite CTF clan. If anybody is a team player and would like to join, let me know. It is open to join but anybody that doesn't play well as a team will be booted. Our primary gametype will be CTF and we will need defenders mostly.

TJarv
11-21-2012, 07:38 AM
I dropped out of my MW3 level 50 clan and started a COD Elite CTF clan. If anybody is a team player and would like to join, let me know. It is open to join but anybody that doesn't play well as a team will be booted. Our primary gametype will be CTF and we will need defenders mostly.

I'm in come new years

Blak Smyth
11-21-2012, 07:46 AM
I'm in come new years

Im on xbox, I think you said you were on POS3?

Conch Republican
11-21-2012, 08:04 AM
I am on PS3. I am elderboy02

Stogieman1...what else? :-)

Fair warning - I may have had the game before it came out - but I still suck!

Adriftpanda
11-21-2012, 01:28 PM
After reading this thread, I went out and bought it yesterday. Spent 30 min downloading all the crap and played for 10 min. Fun game. I'll be on later.

Blak Smyth
11-26-2012, 08:52 AM
Tried a solo league and ranked 20 in the platinum devision. Joined as a team and we are currently ranked 7 in the gold.

Current stats:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8349/8221349288_42679d2a4c.jpg

I do not play much FFA but I had a good game:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8199/8220269329_983af6c20d.jpg

I was screwing around yesterday, running shotguns. It was kinda fun although I did terrible.
This game seems much more difficult to pull off a good win streak.
I seem to lose many more games than I am used to, I think it is a testimate to the balance in the game.
Also I am not used to such a low KDR, I don't try to boost my numbers but most COD games I am right around 2.0 overall.

Blak Smyth
11-26-2012, 09:20 AM
After reading this thread, I went out and bought it yesterday. Spent 30 min downloading all the crap and played for 10 min. Fun game. I'll be on later.

Huy, you have 360 or PS?

DPD6030
11-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Once the mail comes I may go to my g/f's house and play some today. I haven't been online yet as my xlive expired so I renewed that yesterday. Looking forward to starting everything new and fresh and still sucking. :D

Blak Smyth
11-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Once the mail comes I may go to my g/f's house and play some today. I haven't been online yet as my xlive expired so I renewed that yesterday. Looking forward to starting everything new and fresh and still sucking. :D

Look forward to running with you again Andrew!

DPD6030
11-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Look forward to running with you again Andrew!

As am I. As long as my darn mail gets here sometime soon I should be able to get at least an hour in. :D

DPD6030
11-26-2012, 03:44 PM
Wow. Totally different than the mw online play. First game I was decent.

DPD6030
11-27-2012, 10:51 AM
I pulled a Shane David this morning and went 15-5. :D

Blak Smyth
11-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Wow. Totally different than the mw online play. First game I was decent.

It is totally different. I have some terrible games in BO2. I have a terrible game almost every other match it seems.

11-27-2012, 11:47 AM
It is totally different. I have some terrible games in BO2. I have a terrible game almost every other match it seems.
:bs unless it is all the games you play without me

Blak Smyth
11-27-2012, 11:53 AM
:bs unless it is all the games you play without me

I had these bad games over the past few days my friend:
11/13, 5/7, 10/22 :jd, 10/12

11-27-2012, 11:55 AM
I had these bad games over the past few days my friend:
11/13, 5/7, 10/22 :jd, 10/12

I guess not with me ;s
those look like my KDR :r

Malakai
11-27-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm dying over here. BestBuy was supposed to have my replacement TV panel at my place today to repair my tv that went out on the 15th...low and behold it's backordered. They tell me it should be in Friday and at my house for repair between 12-4pm. If not, I will need to go back to their store and choose a replacement TV. More down time from this game. :mad:

Blak Smyth
11-27-2012, 12:42 PM
I'm dying over here. BestBuy was supposed to have my replacement TV panel at my place today to repair my tv that went out on the 15th...low and behold it's backordered. They tell me it should be in Friday and at my house for repair between 12-4pm. If not, I will need to go back to their store and choose a replacement TV. More down time from this game. :mad:

Eghh your not missing that much.

Conch Republican
11-27-2012, 02:37 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8068/8190818649_24c2cacf3c.jpg

I want one similar!!!!! I have the Ape - how do I get the cigar?? Me Want!!:confused:

Blak Smyth
11-27-2012, 02:40 PM
I want one similar!!!!! I have the Ape - how do I get the cigar?? Me Want!!:confused:

I made the Ape and the cigar with shapes, it is not the premade stuff.
Kind of hard to explain. Basically just take a black rectangle with rounded ends and put a white one, slighty larger behind it.
Then add the swirl things to make smoke. and (((( for the ash.

macsauce13
11-27-2012, 09:40 PM
I'm about sick of this game. :(
Between host migration and connection interrupted every other game, they just seem to have killed a lot of the tactical part of the game. I mainly play HC FFA, and am mediocre (K/D 1.39). I don't like to be debby downer, but only playing small maps where you're lucky to get out of the spawn point alive is driving me crazy.

Conch Republican
11-28-2012, 06:58 AM
I made the Ape and the cigar with shapes, it is not the premade stuff.
Kind of hard to explain. Basically just take a black rectangle with rounded ends and put a white one, slighty larger behind it.
Then add the swirl things to make smoke. and (((( for the ash.

OK, I will try - but I screw up a stick figure!! :r

Blak Smyth
11-28-2012, 07:02 AM
I'm about sick of this game. :(
Between host migration and connection interrupted every other game, they just seem to have killed a lot of the tactical part of the game. I mainly play HC FFA, and am mediocre (K/D 1.39). I don't like to be debby downer, but only playing small maps where you're lucky to get out of the spawn point alive is driving me crazy.

Well the host migration is not the games fault, it is people who quit out of a game because they are losing. I can't stand when people can't finish a game because they are not winning. At least you don't lose connection when the host quits, like you do in some previous titles.

Blak Smyth
11-28-2012, 07:40 AM
My newest emblem I made last night, can't make it any bigger on COD Elite:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8477/8227326038_df66ddd06a_m.jpg

DPD6030
11-28-2012, 10:53 AM
Hmm...do I go deer hunting or to my g/f's to use her internet and play some BOII? Hunting I shall go.

Blak Smyth
11-30-2012, 08:36 AM
It is hard to admit but I am thinking about selling my game to buy Halo4.
I am tired of BO2 already, I thought it wouldn't having staying power but this is extreme.
I would need a map pack soon to keep me interested.

macsauce13
11-30-2012, 08:48 AM
I am tired of BO2 already, I thought it wouldn't having staying power but this is extreme.

Yep. I'm in the same boat. :( It's a sad day.

hammondc
11-30-2012, 08:48 AM
Glad I did not buy it.

chippewastud79
11-30-2012, 01:28 PM

The server issues are driving me nuts. Also, as much as I seemed to like the Pick 10 system, now there doesn't seem to be a 10 pack I like. Some of the options are just ridiculous. :2

Unfortunately, the map packs always seem to suck. I haven't gotten a Map Pack since the first one on Black Ops. :td

Blak Smyth
11-30-2012, 02:16 PM
The server issues are driving me nuts. Also, as much as I seemed to like the Pick 10 system, now there doesn't seem to be a 10 pack I like. Some of the options are just ridiculous. :2

Unfortunately, the map packs always seem to suck. I haven't gotten a Map Pack since the first one on Black Ops. :td

The only thing I can't stand is I am bored already.

Blak Smyth
11-30-2012, 02:48 PM
I figure I will play it this weekend, if I can't take anymore I will trade it in on Monday.
Gamestop is gonna make a killing off of trade-ins.

elderboy02
11-30-2012, 09:36 PM
I am tired of getting spawn killed.

Starscream
12-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Awesome oldschool Easter egg: if you have the Nuketown 2025 map, shoot all the heads off the mannequins in under one minute thirty seconds and you can play old Activision games ( Pitfall, Kaboom, and two other games). :tu

DPD6030
12-07-2012, 09:44 AM
I seem to be doing much better in BO II than any other previous COD releases. The maps do need improvement. My best map seems to be the carrier.

big_jaygee
12-11-2012, 08:46 PM
well if anybody is still playing... and you play on the xbox 360 give me a shout

HOUSTON TERROR

:ss

Blak Smyth
12-12-2012, 05:13 AM
PLayed some last night, sorry I missed you Andrew. I was trying out minecraft on Xbox for a few minutes.

The last update they did ruined the FAL with select fire. I think it is dumb that they let use a perminent unlock token on a gun and then they change it. So I am searching for another weapon, think I found one.

The Swat and the M8A1 seem to be better now. Really like both guns right now.

I tried some LMG (Which I never have used in any COD) and they are pretty beastly.

hammondc
12-12-2012, 05:50 AM
I know for a fact that Santa is bringing me a copy.

Blak Smyth
12-12-2012, 05:51 AM
I know for a fact that Santa is bringing me a copy.

Nice!

chippewastud79
12-12-2012, 08:28 AM
This game, more than any of the previous few, seems to handicap good players and give bad players better spawns or more BS kills, to try and level the playing field. :bh

12-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Haven't played in a few weeks, might have to get back into it again

Blak Smyth
12-12-2012, 09:05 AM
This game, more than any of the previous few, seems to handicap good players and give bad players better spawns or more BS kills, to try and level the playing field. :bh

Definitley seems to be true. I am getting used to not being as good as I was in previous titles though. Once you get over the frustration of not performing up to personal par, it can be fun again.

Haven't played in a few weeks, might have to get back into it again

You are prolly gonna need to find a new gun, they did an update that changed the effectiveness of many of the weapons.

12-12-2012, 09:13 AM
You are prolly gonna need to find a new gun, they did an update that changed the effectiveness of many of the weapons.
they messed with all the little ones too? Boo them

Blak Smyth
12-12-2012, 09:14 AM

I don't know that they messed with them all but the ones they did mess with changes the way the others are now valued IMO.

dijit
12-12-2012, 09:20 AM

Well isnt that just a boatload of crap! I havent played in 2 weeks and now my weapons are gonna suck?

Blak Smyth
12-12-2012, 10:37 AM
•Scorestreaks
•UAV: cost increased from 350 to 425.
•Lightning Strike: added 750ms delay

Equipment/Grenades
•Bouncing Betty: increased the grace period between trigger and activation by 200ms.
•Sensor Grenade: increased the range (now 1000 units), frequency (now 800ms between pings), and amount of time (now 6s) that players appear after explosion.
•Concussion Grenade: decreased movement penalty and turn speed penalty when hit.

SMGs
•All: increased hip fire recoil.
•All: increased max hip fire spread from 4.75 to 5.
•All: reduced bullet penetration.
•MSMC: increased recoil slightly.
•PDW-57: increased recoil slightly

Assault Rifles
•All: reduced idle sway for more reliable long-range aiming.
•XM8: reduced lethal range of 3-hit kills from 250 to 50 inches.
•XM8 + Select Fire: increased recoil.
•FAL OSW + Select Fire: increased recoil.
•SWAT-556 + Select Fire: increased recoil.
•MTAR: Made auto aim values consistent with all other assault rifles.

Sniper Rifles
•All: increased hip fire spread.
•All + Laser Sight: increased hip fire spread.
•XPR-50: increased recoil slightly.

Shotguns
•R870: reduced one-hit kill range by 45 inches.

Pistols
•B23R: reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4 to 1.
•KAP-40: reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4 to 1

macsauce13
12-12-2012, 07:38 PM
I now officially dislike this game.

hazydat620
12-12-2012, 10:52 PM
LOL they suckered you all again, paid 60 bucks for the same old stuff. I stopped playing after MW2. just poking fun, sorry. My friends have said the same thing you guys have.

ucla695
12-13-2012, 11:21 AM
LOL they suckered you all again, paid 60 bucks for the same old stuff. I stopped playing after MW2. just poking fun, sorry. My friends have said the same thing you guys have.

I was suckered in for $60 + $50 for the DLC. That's the last time I'll pay in advance for it. :gary

Blak Smyth
12-13-2012, 11:30 AM
I am actually starting to like this game, I am really enjoying the SWAT.

Blak Smyth
12-13-2012, 11:58 AM

It is definitley not the same old stuff, that is why most people don't like it. It doesn't feel like COD.

On another note:
Still can't believe they nerfed the FAL, it wasn't over powered because the rate of fire was soo slow. Now it is just worthless, you can't have a slow rate of fire and high recoil (At least I can't).

Conch Republican
12-13-2012, 12:51 PM
I just wish they would stop the quick scoping - That one drives me nuts

Blak Smyth
12-13-2012, 01:09 PM
I just wish they would stop the quick scoping - That one drives me nuts

Well they did decrease the accuracy on no scope snipers so at least they fixed that.

Mikey202
12-13-2012, 03:59 PM

I will join a clan. Scooter202 is my game tag on XBOX 360.

dijit
12-14-2012, 06:34 AM

I will join a clan. Scooter202 is my game tag on XBOX 360.

I would be interested in an asylum clan (even if I dont play much) XBOX 360 tag dijit64

Adriftpanda
12-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Was the network down last night? Couldn't get on :su

Blak Smyth
12-17-2012, 05:50 AM
Was the network down last night? Couldn't get on :su

I played for a few hours without issue.

Blak Smyth
12-19-2012, 06:37 AM
So I am trying to unlock the Ballista iron sights (One more game should do it).
I have been running with only the Ballista and the B23R side arm, been having alot of fun and did very well last night.

My best games of TDM last night:
19/6
20/8
21/5
24/5
14/5
19/5

I didn't have a negative game all night, my worst was 18/14.

I can't wait to get home and unlock those iron sights, it has taken me forever to get them.

It is definitley not the same old stuff, that is why most people don't like it. It doesn't feel like COD.

On another note:
Still can't believe they nerfed the FAL, it wasn't over powered because the rate of fire was soo slow. Now it is just worthless, you can't have a slow rate of fire and high recoil (At least I can't).

To touch back on the FAL, it is still very usable it just takes some getting used to if you used it pre-update. I still use it if I am having a bad game with another weapon.

Blak Smyth
12-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Man I am getting addicted to this game, I can't wait until the weekend when I can play for a longer duration. I unlocked the iron sights on the Ballista, they are awsome. They deffinitley take skill to use efficiently but I am enjoying the challenge.
My KDR is only 1.5 with the Ballista but it is a fun challenging weapon to use.

Got to play a game or two with Andrew but then we got sepperated and he doesn't have a mic.

DPD6030
12-21-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm hoping to get a mic soon (besides the one that came with the system). It would be better to hear footsteps and what not. It was good playing with you Shane.

DPD6030
12-23-2012, 05:58 AM
Currently I'm running and gunning with the MSMC with the forward grip, long barrel and extra penetration. I couple that with toughness, dexterity/silence and flak jacket. It's working quite well for me. I even figured out how to view my past games and uploaded one of my best to the theater.

I played a few games with Drez yesterday.

hammondc
12-26-2012, 07:25 AM
Santa brought this game to me. I'll be on later.

Blak Smyth
12-26-2012, 08:03 AM
I have been using only the Sniper with the iron sights, I love that setup. I am worse than other weapons but have more fun.

Blak Smyth
12-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Here is a team score with some friends the other night, we decemated a team.
Everybody on my team had a 2+ KDR except the one random (Ocular) that still went positive:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8498/8311103046_b85567fd61_c.jpg
My friend ABS has turned into a beast in this game, he started out really rusty but now is pretty amazing.
He gives me a run for my money every game when I am used to being at the top of the leaderboard.

DPD6030
12-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Invite me when you boys play if you need an extra. Lately I've been doing pretty postive and rarely go negative.

Blak Smyth
12-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Invite me when you boys play if you need an extra. Lately I've been doing pretty postive and rarely go negative.

I always do if you are online and we have a spot open :tu

hammondc
12-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Spent a few hours playing today. I kinda like the change of pace from BF3 the last 9 months. Not sure what to unlock though. Any suggestions? I am at an 18 rank right now.

hammondc
12-26-2012, 04:49 PM
I always do if you are online and we have a spot open :tu

Ditto me too. We are already friends, but have just never hooked up.

GT - iChip

hazydat620
12-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Spent a few hours playing today. I kinda like the change of pace from BF3 the last 9 months. Not sure what to unlock though. Any suggestions? I am at an 18 rank right now.

have you downloaded the new maps for BF3?

hammondc
12-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Yep. Not really a huge fan.

Blak Smyth
12-27-2012, 09:02 AM

Hmm I don't know what there is to unlock that early. I think the most important thing to determine is what type of weapon you are going to use primarily in BO2. Be aware it may not be the same as other games as weapons in this game seem to work a bit different. For example in BO1 I used the MPL, it was pretty amazing but in this game I can't use SMGs although tons of people do. I would reccomend trying the LMGs, they are extremly underated in this game.

elderboy02
12-27-2012, 09:22 AM
I am really loving the M27 with the ACOG. I used to use the target finder, but the target finder isn't very accurate.

DPD6030
12-27-2012, 03:18 PM
The sub-machine MSMC is really good if you trick it out. I've been doing really well with that gun. I stink at snipers and I'm just ok with rifles. I'm more of a run and gun type though.

I got killed tons of times the other day by two players running strictly shotguns. The distance is way over rated for the shotguns IMO.

Blak Smyth
12-28-2012, 04:43 AM
The sub-machine MSMC is really good if you trick it out. I've been doing really well with that gun. I stink at snipers and I'm just ok with rifles. I'm more of a run and gun type though.

I got killed tons of times the other day by two players running strictly shotguns. The distance is way over rated for the shotguns IMO.

Yup, shotguns are dumb but not as bad as they have been in previous COD games.

hammondc
12-28-2012, 08:44 AM
Ran into a guy last night with the GT of MerryStatue. Not sure how he was doing it, but he had numerous games with k/ds of like 70-2. Crazy.

dijit
12-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Ran into a guy last night with the GT of MerryStatue. Not sure how he was doing it, but he had numerous games with k/ds of like 70-2. Crazy.

Well damn makes my KDR of 1.01 feel like crap!

Blak Smyth
12-28-2012, 11:05 AM

yah his KDR is 4.something

bigswol2
12-28-2012, 11:43 AM
I've been playing but I stink at that game. Send me an invite bigswol2

hammondc
12-28-2012, 11:47 AM
yah his KDR is 4.something

How the hell does one get that good. Just blows my mind. There were 6 of us n a team chasing him around.

hammondc
12-30-2012, 06:54 PM
ANyone gonna be on tonight?

macsauce13
12-30-2012, 09:44 PM
Did his play look legitimate, like that skilled, or was it possible he's hacking?

hammondc
12-30-2012, 10:03 PM
It was Xbox, so hacking would be tough. I will say he was moving very fast. No one could catch him and we all had lightweight/conditioning on. It was nuts. I wish I had recorded it.

DPD6030
12-31-2012, 09:08 AM
It was Xbox, so hacking would be tough. I will say he was moving very fast. No one could catch him and we all had lightweight/conditioning on. It was nuts. I wish I had recorded it.

You can go to the theater and record the recent game ;)

Blak Smyth
12-31-2012, 09:54 AM
You can go to the theater and record the recent game ;)

Unless you are me. Everytime I go to a theater game it plays a different game altogether. Not even a game I was in. Sucks because I had some good clips.

hammondc
01-04-2013, 06:00 AM
GOod gaming time with Shane David & co last night. I struggled, they did well. Thanks for letting me ride in your backpack for a few rounds!

Blak Smyth
01-04-2013, 06:10 AM
GOod gaming time with Shane David & co last night. I struggled, they did well. Thanks for letting me ride in your backpack for a few rounds!

Haha nice playing with you too Chipper. I would rather have somebody I know than a random no matter how well or bad they play. There is an added value in communication that isn't shown on the leaderboards.

hammondc
01-04-2013, 06:11 AM
I agree. We should play some domination.

Blak Smyth
01-04-2013, 06:20 AM
I agree. We should play some domination.

I actually hate Dom, not sure why. Everybody else in the world seems to love it though. I like core CTF with a full team and core TDM the most. I hate seeing people playing for killstreak instead of the win and this seems to happen alot to me in Dom. I still play it from time to time, good to mix things up.

hammondc
01-04-2013, 06:42 AM
I am fine with CTF. I prefer objective games.

Blak Smyth
01-04-2013, 07:19 AM
I am fine with CTF. I prefer objective games.

CTF with a full team is awesome. But it is too difficult with randoms. You run into a ton of good teams in there and if you are not all on the same page you get destroyed. You would prolly be requested to stay on flag defense since we already have plenty of runners though but if your okay with that we can try it sometime. I am no runner myself, I typically play run escort or mid defense. Two of the people you played with last night are primary runners for our squad.

hammondc
01-04-2013, 07:37 AM
I could probably change up a class to make it work. I am usually a runner with a lightweight class set up. Another group I team up with does a lot of CTF. 2 of us will rush one side to grab the flag and then leave a trail of shocks charges, claymores and bettys on the way back.

I have just never been really good at Core TDM and usually end up in the bottom half of the score board. Hell, I think some of the folks I play with actually use me as chum....lol. I suppose my reactions are just not quick enough.

Blak Smyth
01-04-2013, 07:45 AM
I could probably change up a class to make it work. I am usually a runner with a lightweight class set up. Another group I team up with does a lot of CTF. 2 of us will rush one side to grab the flag and then leave a trail of shocks charges, claymores and bettys on the way back.

I have just never been really good at Core TDM and usually end up in the bottom half of the score board. Hell, I think some of the folks I play with actually use me as chum....lol. I suppose my reactions are just not quick enough.

We can see where we might be able to work you in as a runner sometimes. I can't upset the applecart to much though since we already have a team in place, everybody wants to run and you can't make everybody happy. Abs1212 is one of the best runners I have played with. If you can work well with him we might be able to snub somebody else onto deep D. I plan on running a lot tonight, hoepfully we can hook up again.

01-04-2013, 07:48 AM
We can see where we might be able to work you in as a runner sometimes. I can't upset the applecart to much though since we already have a team in place, everybody wants to run and you can't make everybody happy. Abs1212 is one of the best runners I have played with. If you can work well with him we might be able to snub somebody else onto deep D. I plan on running a lot tonight, hoepfully we can hook up again.

I could always get back on and play D. not quite sure when thou

Blak Smyth
01-04-2013, 07:50 AM
I could always get back on and play D. not quite sure when thou

Yah we need D guys and you were doing well. But when did I see you last? :r

hammondc
01-04-2013, 08:08 AM
Don't get me wrong, I do not care. I can play D just as well. If it ain't broke....

Blak Smyth
01-04-2013, 08:11 AM
Don't get me wrong, I do not care. I can play D just as well. If it ain't broke....

Well we will try some things out. We are looking at restructuring some things to adjust to BO2. In BO1 we won 75 straight CTF games but in this version I think 12 was the most, so we do need to change some things. In BO1 we steam rolled good teams but we struggle against good teams in BO2, it doesnt play the same way.

Mikey202
01-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Scooter202 is my XBOX Live Tag. send me a friend request, ya'll.

Blak Smyth
01-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Had a good night last night. I started using SMGs and my KDR for the week is 2.55 if I remember correctly.
The Scorpion is a beast gun, so is the MSMC.
I never really gave these guns a shot until now and I am loving them for RnG style.
I am glad I didn't sell this game, I am enjoying it.

Some of my better RnG games on Core TDM with all randoms from yesterday:
23/2
16/6
21/9
25/10
28/10
30/11
21/6

Played two games of FFA:
30/13
30/14

01-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Yah we need D guys and you were doing well. But when did I see you last? :r

Shane always needin the D.. haha I will try and log on tonight to play for a bit

Blak Smyth
01-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Shane always needin the D.. haha I will try and log on tonight to play for a bit

Nobody has been online lately so I am just playing TDM and FFA.

DPD6030
01-10-2013, 07:21 AM
I told you the MSMC is a stunner! Tricked out right it's a pure death machine. Had I not been on my friend's 360 the other night I would have stayed and played longer. He's new to the online format and has not played much at all.

Blak Smyth
01-10-2013, 07:24 AM
I told you the MSMC is a stunner! Tricked out right it's a pure death machine. Had I not been on my friend's 360 the other night I would have stayed and played longer. He's new to the online format and has not played much at all.

Yah I figured that is what was going on.

Blak Smyth
01-10-2013, 07:49 AM
I had a bad night last night, dropped my KDR for the week down to 2.19ish.
I know KDR doesn't matter very much but in TDM it is a good way to challenge myself and to judge my performance so I keep and eye on it. My goal is to finish each week over 2.0

DPD6030
01-14-2013, 12:42 PM
Should be hitting it up again on his 360 Wednesday evening. I'll make sure I bring my headset. I sure hope he's been practicing. :r

Blak Smyth
01-15-2013, 05:10 AM
Should be hitting it up again on his 360 Wednesday evening. I'll make sure I bring my headset. I sure hope he's been practicing. :r

I played on Sunday, didn't do very well. Every other game seemed like a good one followed by a terrible one. My KDR graph showed something like 4.5 - 0.85 - 3.5 - 0.85 - 1.92, it was literally that up and down. Didn't finish my week at my goal of 2.0 either, think it was 1.92 or close to that. I prestiged again and am only using two weapons now, both double prestiged. 2 classes set up and 8 empty. The MSMC and the Ballista. I love both of those weapons. I should be able to get on Wednesday but not sure, the wife might be off and if so I would be spending some time with her.

DPD6030
01-15-2013, 07:32 AM
I think the rash of ups and downs is due to lag. Some games have horrible lag yet others are smooth as ice. Lag ruins every game for me.

Blak Smyth
01-15-2013, 07:52 AM
I think the rash of ups and downs is due to lag. Some games have horrible lag yet others are smooth as ice. Lag ruins every game for me.

From what I understand, it is the lag compensation that punishes people with good signal to benefit people with bad signal. It kinda pisses me off.

DPD6030
01-15-2013, 11:30 AM
From what I understand, it is the lag compensation that punishes people with good signal to benefit people with bad signal. It kinda pisses me off.

I concur! I hate it when I see a enemy and I empty an entire clip into and then that enemy is still alive and kills me.

Blak Smyth
02-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Really like the new maps. I always love DLC! been rocking the SMR with select fire lately, just prestiged it for the second time.
My KDR with it is well over 2.0 with over 2000 kills so I plan on sticking with it for a while.

dijit
02-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Drives me nuts too!

I concur! I hate it when I see a enemy and I empty an entire clip into and then that enemy is still alive and kills me.

DPD6030
02-20-2013, 11:50 AM
I must say that yesterday and even Shane noticed that after the update it was like we couldn't hit chit at all. I'm not sure what happened but my aim is off now more than ever.

Blak Smyth
02-20-2013, 01:35 PM
I must say that yesterday and even Shane noticed that after the update it was like we couldn't hit chit at all. I'm not sure what happened but my aim is off now more than ever.

Yah I settled down a bit after a few games but it still seemed off.

Adriftpanda
02-20-2013, 05:42 PM
someone play with me :(

lakergirl2324 ps3

Blak Smyth
03-05-2013, 07:38 AM
Enjoying the new maps, been sniping with my trusty Ballista lately.
I can't express how much I hate the semi auto sniper, such a cheap way to get kills.
The Ballista is challenging, that is why I love it. You miss shoulder high, you die.

DPD6030
03-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Enjoying the new maps, been sniping with my trusty Ballista lately.
I can't express how much I hate the semi auto sniper, such a cheap way to get kills.
The Ballista is challenging, that is why I love it. You miss shoulder high, you die.

I don't sniper much as I'm not good with a sniper rifle. I also hate the ones with the semi auto sniper as well. I got killed about 10 times in a map by one auto sniping. Just keep pulling the trigger until you run dry. I finally got close enough and chucked a grenade and problem was solved for a minute.

Blak Smyth
03-06-2013, 10:44 AM
I don't sniper much as I'm not good with a sniper rifle. I also hate the ones with the semi auto sniper as well. I got killed about 10 times in a map by one auto sniping. Just keep pulling the trigger until you run dry. I finally got close enough and chucked a grenade and problem was solved for a minute.

Exactly, I don't mind when I die by sniper if it was a good shot. But when people run that semi they just get close and pull the trigger like crazy. No skill, just spray and pray with a sniper. I am thinking about suffering through it though to get my diamond sniper camo, ugg.

DPD6030
03-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Good gaming with you yesterday Shane. Maybe I'll be on tonight or tomorrow.

Blak Smyth
03-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Good gaming with you yesterday Shane. Maybe I'll be on tonight or tomorrow.

Good stuff, the new camos are awesome. That was pretty funny.

DPD6030
03-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Good stuff, the new camos are awesome. That was pretty funny.

I think I'll be getting some new camo as well. Being a pig the bacon one was funny and I may get that one and a few others.

DPD6030
04-13-2013, 12:37 PM
It's been a while since I've been on. I picked up a TB headset XL1 or something. I now need to get the HDMI adapter so I can plug it into the Xbox and run HD video and have the sound go into the headphones and not the tv.

Blak Smyth
04-15-2013, 05:10 AM
It's been a while since I've been on. I picked up a TB headset XL1 or something. I now need to get the HDMI adapter so I can plug it into the Xbox and run HD video and have the sound go into the headphones and not the tv.

Nice, headphones sure help. I recently was gifted a pair of X12s, they seem to help a bit but people talking and teammates not running with their foot steps silent are annoying now. I have been playing nothing really other than CTF lately.

DPD6030
04-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Nice, headphones sure help. I recently was gifted a pair of X12s, they seem to help a bit but people talking and teammates not running with their foot steps silent are annoying now. I have been playing nothing really other than CTF lately.

I mute everyone that's not in my party and I also run silent.

Blak Smyth
04-26-2013, 10:12 AM
I mute everyone that's not in my party and I also run silent.

You still gotta listen to all of your teammates footsteps though

DPD6030
04-26-2013, 04:24 PM
You still gotta listen to all of your teammates footsteps though

Very true.

On a side note I've been digging the skorp with fmj, ext. barrel and quick draw attachments. It's my go to gun now. Couple that with hardline, toughness, dexterity and dead silence and I'm doing pretty darn well. I had a k/d in one game over 3.0 :D

BHalbrooks
04-26-2013, 05:05 PM
Been playing around with a couple different AR's.

Hoping to Prestige to 6 by next friday. Only like 3 days of online play I think? I got the game on here for $20 less than a month ago, and I've just been prestiging like ****ing crazy.

big_jaygee
04-26-2013, 05:11 PM
If yall get bored add me on xbox HOUSTON TERROR is the gamer tag

hammondc
04-26-2013, 05:26 PM
Yeah! Texas Boyz!

BHalbrooks
04-26-2013, 07:10 PM
If yall get bored add me on xbox HOUSTON TERROR is the gamer tag

I'm on XBL as well. If YOU'RE bored you can add me. Same name: BHalbrooks -(P
Ugly

Blak Smyth
05-02-2013, 01:50 PM
I have been recruited to play in a amatuer tournament!
I guess I better start playing again.

Blak Smyth
05-03-2013, 05:44 AM
Practiced some Dom last night, did okay. I hate randoms.

DPD6030
05-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Prestiged to lvl 2 last night. Time to unlock the weapons/attachments again.

I did go 25/5 or something like that yesterday. One of my best.

DPD6030
06-07-2013, 05:46 AM
Not sure how I did it but my k/d ratio on a game yesterday was 9.00 :wo Saved a few games to the video thing a ma jig.

I've been playing arms race and gunning with the ak.

Blak Smyth
12-09-2013, 08:06 AM
I have picked this game back up again, there is a new game type that is soo badass. It is called one flag. My team is on a current win streak of 80+ games and counting. Some of you know what an advicate of CTF I am, but one flag is even better. One flag in the center of the map, you have to grab it and push to the enemies spawn to score it. I have a new account since my Blak Smyth account had some issues renewing. Gamertag is now LEATHER SMYTH. If Ghosts had CTF or one flag I would have picked it up but it doesn't yet for some reason.

MUNKY
12-12-2013, 09:04 PM
Sk4ptic do it!

hammondc
12-13-2013, 08:32 PM
I have picked this game back up again, there is a new game type that is soo badass. It is called one flag. My team is on a current win streak of 80+ games and counting. Some of you know what an advicate of CTF I am, but one flag is even better. One flag in the center of the map, you have to grab it and push to the enemies spawn to score it. I have a new account since my Blak Smyth account had some issues renewing. Gamertag is now LEATHER SMYTH. If Ghosts had CTF or one flag I would have picked it up but it doesn't yet for some reason.

We need to game up again soon.