PDA

View Full Version : Honduran nude bundles

havanabound
11-05-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm seeing internet retailers selling Honduran nude bundles for around a buck a cigar (in packs of 20 or 25). I do love a full bodied premium cigar, but for around a dollar each, my first impressions are, wow, what a deal, but probably garbage. If nothing else, I figure they can keep my humi full to keep the humidity better regulated. Or would they just stink up my good cigars? Are these things worth smoking?

icehog3
11-06-2012, 12:26 AM
You get what you pay for. For $1 each, you will be smoking $1 cigars. I'd pass.

RobR1205
11-06-2012, 04:55 AM
I used to buy cigars just to get em if they were cheap. Now my rule of thumb is if I won't want to smoke them, I won't buy them. Cigars are for enjoying, not for "ehhhh this is ok I guess"

havanabound
11-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Cigars are for enjoying, not for "ehhhh this is ok I guess"

Good point, I'll leave 'em alone. I'm fairly new to the cigar scene so still trying to figure out which kind I like. I'll order some variety packs so I can sample the menu I think.

ColdCuts
11-06-2012, 07:49 AM
At a glance I thought this thread was, 'Honduran nude beaches,' and so naturally I clicked. :) I've heard some folks say they're good to have around to hand out to folks who don't know, and therefore can't appreciate, a good cigar. But I'd argue that you're never going to turn someone on to cigars if what you're introducing them to is dog rockets. :2 So I'd pass on buck-a-stick bundles. But I'd like to know more about Honduran nude beaches.

RobR1205
11-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Good point, I'll leave 'em alone. I'm fairly new to the cigar scene so still trying to figure out which kind I like. I'll order some variety packs so I can sample the menu I think.

Try the Newbie Sampler Trade! But yes also agree with the variety packs too!

N2 GOLD
11-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Me personally, I would try them first. Look to see if they have a 5er. Sometimes those blends at first are not that great with some aging in the humi they turn out pretty good for a buck. Just saying... :ss

havanabound
11-06-2012, 02:09 PM
So I ordered a sampler. Quality over quantity any day I guess. Here's what I'm getting:

1x Hoyo de Monterrey Épicure No.2
1x Romeo y Julieta Short Churchills
1x H. Upmann Connaisseur No.1
1x Bolívar Royal Coronas
1x Cohíba Robustos
1x Partagás Serie D No. 4

And as a disclaimer, I'm in Canada, so I'm not breaking any laws :)

BlindedByScience
11-06-2012, 02:50 PM
If you have unused humi space you want to fill, nothing I've found works better than plain old bubble wrap. Non-toxic, won't mold....I used it when I ran coolers all the time.....:2

Cville Cigar
11-06-2012, 04:23 PM
So I ordered a sampler. Quality over quantity any day I guess. Here's what I'm getting:

1x Bolívar Royal Coronas
1x Cohíba Robustos

Nice sampler there!

Inside_INFO
11-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Very well balance sampler,from medium to very strong.

thebayratt
11-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Cuban Crafters Honduran Fuerte Cuban Corona size are good smokes after about 6 months rest. Though, they are about $2 or so a stick; but do go on sale for $20 from time to time.
The one issue I have with them is the draw can be horrible on some and good on others. So they are hit & miss, thats why I only buy them on sale for a kick-around cigar.

Robulous78
11-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Try the Newbie Sampler Trade! But yes also agree with the variety packs too!

+1 The Newbie Sampler Trades are a great way to get to know the members here and try some new sticks...

DaBear
11-06-2012, 05:49 PM

1x Bolívar Royal Coronas
1x Cohíba Robustos

Good sampler you got there. The Epi No.2s are hands down my favorite regular production smoke. :dr The Upmann ain't bad, but you may want to let it sit a bit.