PDA

View Full Version : Arturo Fuente Holiday Release

JenksAnejo
11-04-2012, 12:49 PM
I always look forward to this time of year so I can stock up on Anejo's, Hemmingway Maduro's and a few BTL's.

Does anyone know when they will be shipping orders to B&M's?

Also does anyone have a favorite they are looking forward to stock up on?

kelmac07
11-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Not an Arturo Fuente favorite....but I snag a box of the Viaje Holiday Blend each year. Have done so since the original release in 2009. :dr :dr :dr

T.G
11-04-2012, 01:07 PM
My local B&M already received a shipment of Opus X cigars two days ago, so the rest can't be far behind.

thebayratt
11-04-2012, 02:15 PM
My B&M got some WOAM, but no Opus, BTL, Anejo. They are a few blocks from another "B&M" who has LE Fuentes on lock for some reason... I don't care too much for the "B&M", so they will be my last local stop to look for the Anejos

I can live without the Opus, but I grabbed a few WOAM and checking another B&M for Anejo later on this week.

Remo
11-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Would love to get some Anejo's :tu

mahtofire14
11-04-2012, 03:11 PM
I've never had any of these. Where would the best place to find these be?

JenksAnejo
11-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Pete,

I had great luck using Cigarking.com with the Anejo's last year. They are priced very well and they generally have all sizes available. Of course the 77's go first.

T.G
11-04-2012, 05:06 PM

tampasweethearts.com

They tend to bundle them with a few other cigars, normally the house brand cigars, but their house brand cigars are quality cigars, so there's nothing to worry about, they aren't pawning junk off on you.

mahtofire14
11-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Thanks guys! I'll have to check it out!:tu

Chainsaw13
11-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Watch the upcoming auction lots for a few Anejo 5ers. :D

Tallman
11-04-2012, 05:33 PM

Pete, in addition to the great suggestions above, maybe check at Stogie's on Grand there in St. Paul. They had received several vitolas of Opus X when I was there 3 weeks ago, but no BTL's, and I specifically asked.

Best regards,

Tallman

T.G
11-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Watch the upcoming auction lots for a few Anejo 5ers. :D
If he can see them.

Chainsaw13
11-04-2012, 06:24 PM
If he can see them.

Doh! :fp

DaBear
11-04-2012, 08:08 PM
My local B&M already received a shipment of Opus X cigars two days ago, so the rest can't be far behind.

The rest will be sometime next month. The shipment of Opus was a third shipment the Fuentes decided to release this year. It was supposed to come in early October/late September, but some shenanigans in customs ended up holding things up. There'll be one more shipment of Opus with all the other Christmas regulars, plus supposedly the beginnings of the 100th/Year One anniversary stuff(fingers crossed for Angels Share)

But on topic, I plan on getting as many Anejo 46s and Hemingway Maddies the bossman will let met get away with. :r

T.G
11-04-2012, 09:00 PM
The rest will be sometime next month. The shipment of Opus was a third shipment the Fuentes decided to release this year. It was supposed to come in early October/late September, but some shenanigans in customs ended up holding things up. There'll be one more shipment of Opus with all the other Christmas regulars, plus supposedly the beginnings of the 100th/Year One anniversary stuff(fingers crossed for Angels Share)

But on topic, I plan on getting as many Anejo 46s and Hemingway Maddies the bossman will let met get away with. :r

Thanks.

So, early December or late November. Cool.

mahtofire14
11-04-2012, 11:14 PM
1. Thanks for the heads up at SOG.
2. Are there some lots that only "high rollers" can see or something?

Coach Deg
11-05-2012, 04:03 AM
Seen somebody sell a box of Sharks last week, so I called my B&M. They said early Decenber as usual, and she will have my box put aside.

They still have a lot of last years. All different sizes if anyone is looking I could check into it for you. I believe they were between 10-15 depending on size.

Chainsaw13
11-05-2012, 04:39 AM
1. Thanks for the heads up at SOG.
2. Are there some lots that only "high rollers" can see or something?

If you can see the auction section, you should be able to see everything in there.

Nathan
11-05-2012, 07:20 PM

Stogies on Grand will get some for the holiday season, they might have already, I don't go there too much anymore so I'm not sure. Also Tobacco Grove in Maple Grove had a surprising amount of rarer Fuente products last I was there, it's been a couple months since I was in the store though so I can't comment on current stock.

Ubiquitous
12-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Not an Arturo Fuente favorite....but I snag a box of the Viaje Holiday Blend each year. Have done so since the original release in 2009. :dr :dr :dr

Does this mean you'll be reviewing the candy cane for us? :noon

Catfish
12-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Are Anejos better left to rest or are they good to go fotb?

W.B.
12-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Coming from a guy who averages an Anejo a week(maybe more) and has smoked them pretty much regularly since 06, usually good right away and also age well. In the end let your palate tell you, smoke a couple and if they aren't tripping the trigger put 'em down or bomb 'em out to your buddies. .02

milhouse
12-03-2012, 07:38 PM

in my experience, they are good right away, then seem to fall off for a bit, but then come back stronger than ever after a year or so.

Ubiquitous
12-03-2012, 10:58 PM
A bad anejo is better than a good Gurkha

dozer
12-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Got mine today...no rest needed!

DaBear
12-04-2012, 12:21 AM

IMO, they're good fresh, fantastic after a year, and then completely fall off the wagon after that, especially the bigger sizes. Granted, there's only three sizes I like, 46s, 60s and Sharks. I'm normally a Churchill smoker, but the 48s and 49s don't do it for me whatsoever. They in particular tend to get bland farther down the road.

I always grab a 46 to let sit a year for the following New Years. I make it a point to be my first stick of the New Year.

Cville Cigar
12-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Picked up 3 #49's, only $10 at my local B&M:tu

Zane
12-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Picked up 3 #49's, only $10 at my local B&M:tu

Jealous!

Ubiquitous
12-04-2012, 06:13 PM
By B&M has 60's for $11

Rob_M
12-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Just ordered some Christmas sticks including Shark samplers from Tampa sweethearts.
2x Shark + 2x #60, $43 :noon

They also have the holiday sampler up on the site.......

equetefue
12-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Some anejos in my local b&m if someone wants me to pick up some. I think they want around $16 or so, and no sharks

Cville Cigar
12-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Some anejos in my local b&m if someone wants me to pick up some. I think they want around $16 or so, and no sharks
I've not seen any Sharks "swimming" here either:D

Catfish
12-05-2012, 03:19 PM
So, what's the best size for an anejo? Is there a general consensus or is it like everything else, smoke what you like, etc., etc...

Is that why 77's are so hard to come by? Are they the best anejo in terms of filler, binder and wrapper proportions?

Mattso3000
12-05-2012, 03:25 PM
IMO, they're good fresh, fantastic after a year, and then completely fall off the wagon after that, especially the bigger sizes.

Going to have to completely disagree with you on this. Some of the best Anejos I've had were with a few years of age. Smoked a 2007 49 over the summer that was ridiculously good.

mahtofire14
12-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Looks like Stogies on Grand got some in. Gonna have to get over there before they're all gone, if they aren't already!

Cville Cigar
12-07-2012, 05:35 PM
So, what's the best size for an anejo? Is there a general consensus or is it like everything else, smoke what you like, etc., etc...

Is that why 77's are so hard to come by? Are they the best anejo in terms of filler, binder and wrapper proportions?

One of the rarest cigars to find, the Shark or No. 77 is an aged dark maduro torpedo with a unique shape that starts off as a rounded parejo and progresses into a square press. The cigar is full bodied and sweet. :dr:dr:dr:dr

milhouse
12-08-2012, 07:04 AM
One of the rarest cigars to find, the Shark or No. 77 is an aged dark maduro torpedo with a unique shape that starts off as a rounded parejo and progresses into a square press. The cigar is full bodied and sweet. :dr:dr:dr:dr

+1 the shark certainly has a cool factor to it.

I try to get sharks and 46's. Those are my favorites

T.G
12-08-2012, 08:48 AM

The 77 isn't aged any more or less than the rest of the Anejo cigars that year.

It's just a short 55 with a square press gimmick that happens to change the draw a bit.

W.B.
12-08-2012, 11:44 AM
The 77 isn't aged any more or less than the rest of the Anejo cigars that year.

It's just a short 55 with a square press gimmick that happens to change the draw a bit.

I agree, it being an 'artistic' vitola. However concerning the smoke experience, when I've had 55's(which aren't very many as they are my least favorite Anejo vitola) they've been much less boldly flavorful to me than a Shark.

JenksAnejo
12-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Going to have to completely disagree with you on this. Some of the best Anejos I've had were with a few years of age. Smoked a 2007 49 over the summer that was ridiculously good.

X2, my favorite Anejo was a 5 year old smoke. When they mellow out they are the shiznit!

T.G
12-08-2012, 12:20 PM
I agree, it being an 'artistic' vitola. However concerning the smoke experience, when I've had 55's(which aren't very many as they are my least favorite Anejo vitola) they've been much less boldly flavorful to me than a Shark.

That's probably the draw restriction from the square pressing. It does change the profile a bit. Carlos Fuente Jr has stated many times that there is no difference in the blend between any of the Anejos.

W.B.
12-08-2012, 02:10 PM
That's probably the draw restriction from the square pressing. It does change the profile a bit. Carlos Fuente Jr has stated many times that there is no difference in the blend between any of the Anejos.

Frankly, I am a bit surprised at that statement and would like to understand more of what he meant and the context the interview/conversation. Because it would shock me if he meant that a change in a cigars proportions have no effect upon the blend. As an Anejo fan, would you please post any links or magazine articles concerning one of the interviews with Carlito and the Anejo topic in this thread or pm them to me; I didn't find any after the 'google it' I did.

T.G
12-08-2012, 10:48 PM
scaling the proportons of tobacco up or down for a change in vitola does not constitute a change in a blend. as for the profiles being slightly different between different vitolas, of course, different vitolas smoke differently, this is well established.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gabe215
12-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Got 5 Untold Story Maduros for 9.50 a price plus it was buy 4 get one free, box of Aņejo 49, and 2 sharks

whodeeni
12-09-2012, 07:35 AM
Got 5 Untold Story Maduros for 9.50 a price plus it was buy 4 get one free, box of Aņejo 49, and 2 sharks

That is freakin amazing!:tu

mkarnold1
12-09-2012, 07:37 AM
I scored a shark at the Tobacco Grove/ Halfwheel event on Friday.