PDA

View Full Version : 'Sweet' cigars

Smooth23
11-03-2012, 06:59 PM
My girlfriend really likes the cigars with sweetened caps, other than the gas station cheapies. Can anyone list some of these for me? I don't even know how to search for them or the names of any of em.. yeah, I'm clueless.

Chainsaw13
11-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Baccarat.

Porch Dweller
11-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Flor de Oliva with the natural wrapper.

RobR1205
11-03-2012, 07:04 PM
CAO Flavours!

T.G
11-03-2012, 07:07 PM
For traditional (ie: not infused or flavored), besides the Baccarat that Bob mentioned, the Professor Sila from Cigars International is another mild cigar with a sweetened cap.

For infused or flavored cigars you have a slew of offerings from Drew Estate: Java, Tabak Especial, Isla del Sol, some of the ACID cigars. The CAO Flavors line from CAO.

A number of the Drew Estate Natural line cigars also have sweetened tips.

neoflex
11-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Drew Estate Dirt Torpedo or English could also be a good fit for her.

dvickery
11-03-2012, 08:10 PM
upmann noellas...profoundly sweet...sweetest cigars i have ever smoked.

derrek :hm

Sonic04GT
11-04-2012, 07:16 AM
Another vote for the Drew Estate line. The Java maduro is delicious and the Blondie is a very popular Acid choice. The Kuba Kuba is slightly larger than the Blondie and very popular as well.

oooo35980
11-04-2012, 07:33 AM
My vote goes to Baccarat, they have a sweetened tip but they aren't so infused that you can't stand to be in the same room with someone smoking one.

xFreebirdx
11-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Baccarat and Drew Estates Natural line. ;)

gnbikes
11-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Mat Sherman Host series. Mild/medium w/ some complexity. A daily smoke for me.
Garry-

dwoodward
11-04-2012, 12:36 PM
CAO Flavors is what my girl likes the most. She also loves the ACID Blondie and the Macabi Cherry.

shopkins82
11-09-2012, 08:51 AM
Apparently I smoke like a girl, so I'll chime in (mostly to repeat and summarize what others have said).

Sweet:
- Baccarat: Sweet, mild, a good baseline.
- Baccarat Maduro: Similar to some of the Drew Naturals.
- Diamondback: Similar to Baccarat.
- Professor Sila: CI exclusive, similar to Baccarat, though slightly sour aftertaste.
- Pai Gow: Famour Smokes exclusive, very similar to Pro. Sila including aftertaste.
- Flor de Oliva Natural: Less sweet on the tip and more sweet in the tobacco... very pipey, one of my favorites and very reasonably priced.
- Naturals by Drew: Aromatic and pipey, I like Dirt, Dirt Torpedo, Clean Robusto, didn't like Root or Root Deluxe which were not sweet tip.
- Pirata Piquenos: Rough rolled, sweet tip, good 20-30 min smokes in tins of 8.

Infused:
- Acid: Lots of different profiles and plenty written about each. Blondie Belicoso is my favorite so far. Didn't care for Madre.
- Java: Coffee infused, slightly sweetened, really liked the mint.
- Tabak Especial: Similar to Java. The few I've had have been somewhat loosely rolled.
- Isla del Sol: Another coffee infused from Drew, but lower quality overall than Java and Tabak.
- Oliveros Gold Cognac- EXTREMELY strong cognac infusion.

Flavored:
- Erin Go Braugh: Mild, slight Irish Creme flavor and sweetness.
- CAO Flavors: Strong flavoring that can sour towards the end. Eileen's Dream is a favorite of mine.
- Cuban Honeys: Mild, medium sweetness and flavoring.
- Oliveros Platinum Sweet: Medium body box-press, syrupy sweetness.

Smooth23
11-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Thanks everyone for the options. Think I'm going to look for some flor de oliva naturals and some of those pirata piquenos. might try some baccarats too.

area51
11-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Sweet Jane put out by Deadwood Tobacco made by Drew Estate. Please just trust me.