PDA

View Full Version : SC's Marcus Lattimore Horribly Injured

Catfish
10-27-2012, 04:42 PM
I know there have to be some Gamecock fans here. If so, if you read this, I feel for your man Lattimore. Left knee injury last year and then what I'm certain is a career ending injury today against Tennessee.

Best wishes to that man.

Remo
10-27-2012, 04:46 PM
That does suck, kid is a great player :td

hammondc
10-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Horrible loss.

forgop
10-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Gruesome to watch. Seeing people come to the ER with gunshot wounds, stabbings, head bleeds, or come in from car accidents doesn't really bother me...but seeing that almost made me want to hurl.

Hope he can make a full recovery.

Gophernut
10-27-2012, 08:02 PM
I have a weak stomach, and when ESPN said to look away I wish I had. Really horrible to watch. Hopefully he can recover, but two season ending injuries in a row, I don't like his NFL chances.
Posted via Mobile Device

E.J.
10-27-2012, 08:38 PM
Impressive to see the trainer put the knee back in right there... Feel bad for the kid, hope he can get back and give the NFL a shot.

hammondc
10-27-2012, 09:26 PM
Unofficially, Marcus broke his femur and patella. Tore his MCL LCL ACL PCL. If so, he'll be lucky to walk normal again, nevermind play ball.

Gophernut
10-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Unofficially, Marcus broke his femur and patella. Tore his MCL LCL ACL PCL. If so, he'll be lucky to walk normal again, nevermind play ball.

That is just awful news. Really bad news. Prayers go out to him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mattso3000
10-27-2012, 09:40 PM

Ouch. Damn, he is a hell of a player.

Catfish
10-27-2012, 09:40 PM
Breaking your femur is never a good thing. Throwing a fat emboli is a real concern when breaking that bone. That can be fatal. Then, if he had blood vessel damage, that could mean all sorts of bad things, too.

TJarv
10-27-2012, 09:41 PM
That is pretty hard to watch. You could tell he was in pain, but it looked like the real pain hadn't set in yet and he was just in shock.

Hope he can make a recovery.

hammondc
10-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Really sucks. To hell with the season, I want to cry for him. Such a leader and A++ standup guy.

Catfish
10-27-2012, 09:55 PM
...but it looked like the real pain hadn't set in yet and he was just in shock.

Oh yeah, I'm sure. I've never read into it but I'd be surprised if the human body doesn't have a defense mechanism that keeps the brain from registering that much pain immediately.

oooo35980
10-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Oh yeah, I'm sure. I've never read into it but I'd be surprised if the human body doesn't have a defense mechanism that keeps the brain from registering that much pain immediately.

It does, thankfully. That was without a doubt the worst thing I've ever seen while watching a football game. My wife is a SC fan and I've gotten attached to the guy even while rooting against them every game.

I hope he heals, definitely out for the season but hopefully not a career ending injury, players have overcome impossible injuries before. I also remember reading somewhere that he's an honor student, I'm not sure what he's studying but he's no dumb football player that's going to go work at the Safeway if he doesn't get into the NFL.

emopunker2004
10-27-2012, 11:21 PM

Yeh you could tell he was in shock.

I've seen some gruesome stuff at work but that kinda turned my stomach.

longknocker
10-28-2012, 04:11 AM
Great Player! Hope He Can Recover.

icehog3
10-28-2012, 09:21 AM
Haven't seen the play, and I guess I will try to avoid it. Prayers that the young man can have as good a recovery as possible.

hscmit
10-28-2012, 10:16 AM
sorry to see that happen

E.J.
10-29-2012, 05:45 AM
Impressive to see the trainer put the knee back in right there... Feel bad for the kid, hope he can get back and give the NFL a shot.

A lot like I thought it looked, dislocated knee...which resulted in multiple ligament damage. Sounds like with surgery and rehab, he may be able to play as soon as next year. Still has a RS as well...

Ubiquitous
12-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Rumor has it, he is finding a way to come back next season.

14holestogie
12-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Latest rumor has him declaring for the draft.

OLS
12-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Latest rumor has him declaring for the draft.

I could see how that would be his best move, but after TWO straight season-ending injuries,
not sure anyone wants a running back that has brittle parts.

Who gets a job first, Marcus or Tyrann???

Ubiquitous
12-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Who's going to take that risk and throw him a contract?

hammondc
12-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Who's going to take that risk and throw him a contract?

This is my argument. I think he should take his redshirt year and recover. I understand why he would go ahead and roll out though. He has been fantastic for the program and I wish him all the best. Maybe my Carolina Panthers will pick him up.