PDA

View Full Version : Less glue please

ApexAZ
10-26-2012, 11:40 PM
Smoking an AB fine and rare (Very good) and try to pop the band off and eventually end up just tearing the thing off in a long spiral. I hate that! Liga Privada bands are notorious for this as well. Just a dab of glue would do it. No need to glue all the way to the seam. Oh well, rant off.

As far as the smoke goes though, it really is fine. I'm enjoying it quite a lot! It is different.

It's been a while since I've checked in. Hope everyone is doing well :)

pnoon
10-26-2012, 11:59 PM
Done any Ambien-induced online buying lately? :D

iaMkcK
10-27-2012, 01:24 AM

I think this is one hell of a story that I must investigate. Time to go digging.. *puts on his cave mining helmet, flicks on the light*

CigarSquid
10-27-2012, 03:35 AM

:hy:hy

cmitch
10-27-2012, 06:28 AM
Add me to the crazy list with Brian. I find it annoying that so much glue is used on a band that you end up having to slide it off, which damages the wrapper or carefully cut it off with a pocket knife like one of my friends has to do. Arturo Fuente bands pop right off. I've never removed a Liga Privada band that ended up intact.

I would tell you to commit me but then I realized I'm already here with the rest of you nuts!

T.G
10-27-2012, 09:13 AM
I don't now about the Alec-Bradley bands on that particular cigar, but the Liga Privada bands are heavyweight linen paper, which has a very rough unfinished surface that does an exceptionally good job of bonding with even a slight amount of glue.

ApexAZ
10-27-2012, 11:23 PM

Haha, no more ambien! That stuff makes you do weird things.

oooo35980
10-27-2012, 11:31 PM
I hate LP bands, the Undercrown band is perfect but every single other LP is ridiculous, you can't slide it off, you can't peel it off. If you want to wait until the cherry heats up the glue then good luck, the band will catch fire first. I put a torch about 4 inches from the band on my first FFP, in vain hopes of getting the band off in-tact, turned the band black and it still wouldn't peel off. They must use JB Weld or something.

I have managed to slide a few off, never ever have I gotten one to peel off.

Malakai
10-27-2012, 11:40 PM
You could try a hairdryer? Haven't tried it but it may work. I used one to get the Newair nameplate off the glass of my wineador that was glued on. Thinking this method may work.

Brian D.
10-28-2012, 06:36 AM
When Camacho Triple Maduros came out several of us had that same problem with too much glue on both the regular and foot bands. Sometimes the wrapper leaf would get torn while trying to remove them. Not end-of-the-world stuff but still pretty annoying with cigars that run over $10 each.

Anyhow we told the Camacho rep and brought it up on their board (Social Cigar) and they seemed to pay heed.

Brian D.
10-28-2012, 06:37 AM
You could try a hairdryer?

No such gizmo in the homes of us follicly-challenged folks, Malakai. :D