PDA

View Full Version : I still cant stop laughing....

poker
10-26-2012, 08:56 AM
Man sues wife, wins $120k after their 'ugly' baby is born

http://now.msn.com/man-sues-wife-for-being-ugly-after-their-ugly-baby-is-born

macsauce13
10-26-2012, 09:04 AM
Wow.

milhouse
10-26-2012, 09:07 AM
lol, my mug is worth at least 250k!

Subvet642
10-26-2012, 09:33 AM
I can't laugh. That poor child will now have the stigma, the unjust burden, of the knowledge that her appearance caused her mother such harm. What of the child now? Will she be rejected by her mother? Left someplace to starve and die; or will she live a life of needless shame and guilt? While her mother is certainly better off without her ex-husband; I fear for the little girl.

markem
10-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Part of the settlement was that my parents would not disclose this ugly incident in my past.

iaMkcK
10-26-2012, 09:36 AM
The epicness in that one paragraph of that news post is indescribable. Glorious.

sevans105
10-26-2012, 09:56 AM
I can't laugh. That poor child will now have the stigma, the unjust burden, of the knowledge that her appearance caused her mother such harm. What of the child now? Will she be rejected by her mother? Left someplace to starve and die; or will she live a life of needless shame and guilt? While her mother is certainly better off without her ex-husband; I fear for the little girl.

Life in mainland China is a very different place. My family and I work closely with an orphanage whose sole mission is to save baby girls. With the one-child policy, if a girl is born they often die of "crib death" although reality is dropped in a well or just left on the side of the road.

Sorry for being bummer man on a humorous thread.

If you are looking for a worthwhile charity. These ladies are awesome. Every little bit will literally help save the life of a young girl. They operate and take their name from the story of the girl walking along the beach after a big storm and throwing starfish that had washed up back into the ocean. A man asked why she was doing that, that there were hundreds of starfish, that her throwing a few back really wouldn't matter, she replied, "It mattered to that one." It is a huge problem, and they know they can't save them all, but it certainly matters to the few they can.

http://www.starfishfosterhome.org/

Again, if you are looking for a worthwhile charity...one that truly lives up to it's mission statement...you could do a lot worse than support the Starfish home.

CigarNut
10-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Gives new meaning to the word shallow...

poker
10-26-2012, 10:40 AM
Just to clarify for the record...

I still cant stop laughing....

....because of how absurd it all is.

markem
10-26-2012, 10:42 AM
....because of how absurd it all is.

:tpd: The absurdity is the only funny thing in the story. The fate of the child is a very real issue, but does not affect the stratospheric levels of absurdity.

shilala
10-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Amazing. I can't even imagine the line of thinking that gets this to court, or that it'd be heard. It's even more amazing that the guy survived.

omowasu
10-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Amazing. I can't even imagine the line of thinking that gets this to court, or that it'd be heard. It's even more amazing that the guy survived.

Stranger things happen in China daily, but very little information makes it out to the US. This is a very unfortunate case, especially for the child who may now be left abandoned or killed due to the stigma the mother faces. I agree, true absurdity. Its even more ridiculous that the father actually won... I wonder if he was well connected to the PRC government?