PDA

View Full Version : Cigar band adhesion

chaase321
10-26-2012, 07:39 AM
Hey everyone I have some questions for you all to weigh in on (optional of course :D )

I am wanting to start labeling my sticks as my collection is growing and I want to keep track of gifts and years and what not. I do not really feel like buying cigar labels online because: 1.) They are too expensive for me and I don't want to waste money on those when I can buy more sticks :banger and 2.) I just want blank bands, so there is no reason not to print them myself using like MS word...unless you all know of a reason.

So enough rambling and on to my questions:
Has anyone used glue to put their labels on their sticks?
-Meaning, instead of scotch tape.

If so, what glue do you use?
If so, has anyone tried a glue stick? (I'm not sure if they make ones that would not impart a smell on the cigars)

Anyway, tape seems really tedious to me, so I was hoping there was a glue that I could use.

Thanks in advance for your input :tu

14holestogie
10-26-2012, 07:58 AM
I print out my labels from Excell, 3/4" wide and use a small piece of 1/2" scotch tape. Not as tedious as I'd imagine a glue stick would be and I'd be afraid of the glue getting on the stick and damaging the wrapper.

I get all the info I need and the cost is 1/26th sheet of paper and a 1/2" of tape.

CigarSquid
10-26-2012, 08:02 AM
PM me a address.. I have a feel blanks that I am not using.

jjirons69
10-26-2012, 01:13 PM
I print mine out and cut them into labels. I make them big enough to overlap by 1/4" or so and use the kids glue sticks to glue them together. Been doing it for years. Cheap, reliable, no smells, easy on, easy off.

Malakai
10-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Well timed question Cole. I was looking at doing the same thing now that my collection is growing by leaps and bounds. I look forward to the useful info that gets added here. Thanks.

shilala
10-26-2012, 01:36 PM
I just use single finger bags and write on them with a Sharpie nowadays. It's SO much easier than taping bands on, but my hands are retarded. YMMV.

BlkDrew
10-26-2012, 01:38 PM
i use a toxic free glue stick. you can get it at any target, walmart etc... the brand is rose-art and it works great.

as far as labels i take standard envelopes and cut strips the short way across.

hope it helps

RevSmoke
10-26-2012, 02:03 PM
I print out my labels from Excell, 3/4" wide and use a small piece of 1/2" scotch tape. Not as tedious as I'd imagine a glue stick would be and I'd be afraid of the glue getting on the stick and damaging the wrapper.

I get all the info I need and the cost is 1/26th sheet of paper and a 1/2" of tape.

:tpd:

Exactly what I do when I put labels on cigars.

chaase321
10-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the info guys! The glue stick way seems like it may be a pretty good option. I'm trying about 4-5 different ways out to see what way I prefer that saves the most money but does and adequate job.
Thanks again everyone!

stearns
10-27-2012, 11:51 AM
i just cut up printer paper and use small pieces of scotch tape. a bit tedious, but gets the job done. used to just label single bags, took up too much space in the humi, got difficult to pick through when looking for a cigar, and doesnt look as nice (in my opinion)

JJKJR
10-31-2012, 06:09 AM
I buy a lot of locally made cigars from Ybor City that are not banded. I've always thought of labeling them so I could remember their names. Would someone be willing to post pictures of their home made cigar bands? I'm especially interested in those bands created on a computer or using the program Excel. I have Excel on my computer. Tell me they actually have a cigar band template???

Blak Smyth
10-31-2012, 07:11 AM
There was a group buy a while back that Dom did, they are the best option available IMO.

big pete
10-31-2012, 08:46 AM
I just cut up some printer paper and use a small piece of Scotch tape

Zane
10-31-2012, 12:36 PM
I just cut up some printer paper and use a small piece of Scotch tape

I was curious how you did yours. I like it.

14holestogie
10-31-2012, 05:00 PM
I buy a lot of locally made cigars from Ybor City that are not banded. I've always thought of labeling them so I could remember their names. Would someone be willing to post pictures of their home made cigar bands? I'm especially interested in those bands created on a computer or using the program Excel. I have Excel on my computer. Tell me they actually have a cigar band template???

Use the search function for "cigar label template". Check out the How do you label your cigar? thread. T.G. has a template in that thread. :tu