PDA

View Full Version : Atlas Shrugged Part 2 Movie (Listen up Canadian Brothers)

Robulous78
10-25-2012, 12:24 AM
Hey Guys,
So for about the last 2 month's I have been reading Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged I know they are making it into a movie and I have already downloaded Part 1 in a torrent.

My Father and I are huge fan's of this book, So for Thanksgiving I am hoping to get my hands on Part 2 so we can watch it during the holiday while my mom cooks... Only problem is I can't seem to find it in a torrent file anywhere...

Does anyone know where I can find Part 2 in a torrent for download?

If not, does anyone know when it will be released to DVD? I hear part 1 was released to DVD just a week or 2 after it appeared in theaters... Being that it is made in Canada I can only assume they will be first in line for the DVD release...

If anyone knows where I can find the torrent download please let me know... otherwise if anyone can get their hands on a DVD copy of Part 2 I will gladly trade a few sticks if someone can send me a copy in the mail...

Thanks Everyone,

Rob

Subvet642
10-26-2012, 06:16 AM
I'm reading it now. Part II is in theaters as we speak, so I don't think it'll be available for a little while.

Robulous78
10-26-2012, 06:38 AM
Oh yea? That's awesome... What part have you got to?

dave
10-26-2012, 06:42 AM
Watched Part I and I'm in no hurry to see Part II. If/when it streams free on Amazon Plus or Netflix, I'll probably watch it. However, after watching the first, I felt that my time would have been better spent just picking up the book, opening to any page and reading for an hour or two. Great book that needs regular revisiting, anyway.

Worst thing about the movie was that it was probably just bad enough to prevent some who had a prior curious interest from ever picking up the book now.

Robulous78
10-26-2012, 06:46 AM
I can see how if you saw part 1 without reading the book first you might not have liked it...

After reading that part of the book I thought the movie was pretty good... It leaves on a uncertain down note that I feel the second movie will have to make up for... Which makes me want to see it even more... :tu

dave
10-26-2012, 07:05 AM
I don't know....I've read the book cover to cover four times and I pick it up from time to time and just read sections. I just feel that Rand's passionate arguments for objectivism and reason suffer tremendously in the movie. The viewers new to her work just aren't going to be affected the same as those with such a predisposition who read her books - and newcomers may assume a bias against immersion in her philosophy.

Robulous78
10-26-2012, 07:11 AM
I agree with you Dave... Philosophically it is a very deep book... And movie watchers are going to miss the full brunt of what Rand is trying to say...

that being said... Few people read nowadays... And I feel that the message of Rand's work is valuable enough that even if people get a "watered down" exposure to it it's still better then never having been introduced to her philosophies...

dave
10-26-2012, 07:30 AM
Hmmmm.....could make an interesting debate.....Does the movie provide a wider audience for Ayn Rand and as such introduce more people to her philosophy in a very positive manner?

Or, is it an enabler, pandering to the lazy minds of those who won't pick up a book and will never fully comprehend just what she is trying to convey?

Robulous78
10-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Very estute observation Dave... :tu

My vote is probably a little bit of both... My Dad had read the book a long long while back and when he heard there was a movie coming out (part 1) he began re-reading it...

Because I saw all the time he was pouring into reading this long... 4 inch brick of a book I began to wonder what it was all about and picked it up for myself... I tried getting into it but as you know due to all the verbose imagery Rand uses... It was slow going and I even gave it up for a while till I saw the first movie...

My curiosity got the best of me and I continued reading... After getting half way in it gets it's hooks into you and I am now vowed to finish the book before the end of the year...

So there ya go... A bit of both... In my case anyway...

Subvet642
10-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Oh yea? That's awesome... What part have you got to?

Just after Hank Rearden's "trial".

sevans105
10-26-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm gonna agree with Robulous on this. Yes, there will be a portion of the population that may see this movie and leave it at that, but I think the majority of the attendees will be ones already exposed to some of Rand's work...most likely Anthem (required reading in my High school). I think this will prompt people to read the book or at the minimum, read some of her other works that carry similar themes of independence and self. Obviously, just my two cents.

Robulous78
10-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Just after Hank Rearden's "trial".

That's where I was about a week ago... It gets more and more interesting from there on... :tu