PDA

View Full Version : Pvnisher Review

Robulous78
10-15-2012, 02:46 AM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8048/8089287237_3f76122386_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/86665059@N08/8089287237/) Untitled (http://www.flickr.com/photos/86665059@N08/8089287237/) by Robulous78 (http://www.flickr.com/people/86665059@N08/), on Flickr

Well Fellas, After hearing in tones and whispers that is cigar was an almost "too powerfully pepper", after hearing that it has made "peoples mouth go numb" and was once equated to being "pepper-sprayed in the taste buds" I have drawn my own conclusion...

Prelight: The stick gives a mild pepper taste even without smoke! I will admit I knew the cigar was going to be peppery but had no idea this is what they ment my anxiety rose considerably but I thought "hell I already cut it..."

First 3rd: Pepper is the name of the game here, It comes on strong, building in the mouth, not a bad thing but I thought this is the pepper I expected towards the end, not the start, and worried further as the stick progressed...

Second 3rd: The pepper is the only note I get on the cigar, it has stopped building or my mouth has gotten it under control. All and All I am enjoying it though wished there was atleast one other flavor note I could get but the pepper, I get the feeling that if paired with a mexican buffet this cigar would be totally appropriate and complimentary

Last 3rd & Out: No change in flavor nice burn-line, I had expected the pepper to become overwhelming but it really hasn't, I can understand totally how if you did not approach this cigar knowing it was "[B]VERY PEPPERY[B]" you could easily be turned off by the experience, but going in knowing that, I have to say I enjoyed it. I don't know if I would spend the 14.00 MSRP on the experience, but if I had one I wouldn't pass it by, Just wait for your next mexican night...

Thanks Mike for The Stick :tu

RobR1205
10-15-2012, 05:17 AM
Brave soul! Thanks for the review!

cmitch
10-15-2012, 05:47 AM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8048/8089287237_3f76122386_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/86665059@N08/8089287237/) Untitled (http://www.flickr.com/photos/86665059@N08/8089287237/) by Robulous78 (http://www.flickr.com/people/86665059@N08/), on Flickr

Well Fellas, After hearing in tones and whispers that is cigar was an almost "too powerfully pepper", after hearing that it has made "peoples mouth go numb" and was once equated to being "pepper-sprayed in the taste buds" I have drawn my own conclusion...

Prelight: The stick gives a mild pepper taste even without smoke! I will admit I knew the cigar was going to be peppery but had no idea this is what they ment my anxiety rose considerably but I thought "hell I already cut it..."

First 3rd: Pepper is the name of the game here, It comes on strong, building in the mouth, not a bad thing but I thought this is the pepper I expected towards the end, not the start, and worried further as the stick progressed...

Second 3rd: The pepper is the only note I get on the cigar, it has stopped building or my mouth has gotten it under control. All and All I am enjoying it though wished there was atleast one other flavor note I could get but the pepper, I get the feeling that if paired with a mexican buffet this cigar would be totally appropriate and complimentary

Last 3rd & Out: No change in flavor nice burn-line, I had expected the pepper to become overwhelming but it really hasn't, I can understand totally how if you did not approach this cigar knowing it was "[B]VERY PEPPERY[B]" you could easily be turned off by the experience, but going in knowing that, I have to say I enjoyed it. I don't know if I would spend the 14.00 MSRP on the experience, but if I had one I wouldn't pass it by, Just wait for your next mexican night...

Thanks Mike for The Stick :tu
Let us know how the skin grafts on your lips go.

Ogre
10-15-2012, 12:11 PM
I nubbed one. After the first inch, it turned into a good cigar.

Brlesq
10-15-2012, 12:35 PM
I nubbed one. After the first inch, it turned into a good cigar.

Agreed. And I think smoking much slower is better on these.

cmitch
10-15-2012, 01:50 PM
You're all insane. Why would you even consider smoking a cigar that would make you rather dunk your head in a vat of cold acid just to alleviate the pain . . .?:r

10-15-2012, 01:58 PM
You're all insane. Why would you even consider smoking a cigar that would make you rather dunk your head in a vat of cold acid just to alleviate the pain . . .?:r

I dunno after reading this review, it almost makes me think I could smoke the one I got and bare it. Although his review doesn't show a lit stick :r
Rob your a brave soul my good sir :tu

RobR1205
10-15-2012, 03:41 PM
I actually did smoke one before...taste wasn't bad, but still the only cigar to this day that made me so sick that I couldn't function. I think it had a lot of nicotine, but I'll have to revisit it. Still have 4 more in the humi...

TJtorpedo
10-15-2012, 06:32 PM
I dunno after reading this review, it almost makes me think I could smoke the one I got and bare it. Although his review doesn't show a lit stick :r
Rob your a brave soul my good sir :tu

My sentiments exactly. I still have the one I got in a sampler, and with this review, I might just have to fire it up soon!

Robulous78
10-15-2012, 07:47 PM
Thanks Guys, I'm glad you all found my review interesting... All and All I'll say if you like hot sauce on your food then you'll be able to handle this cigar no problem... Unless I got a milder stick I would say it is no hotter then the average Banana Peppers out there, which IMHO, aren't hot at all, but then again I cover my wings in texas pete and my pizza in Sriracha... So I might be a bit of a dragon already...

As for the comment on the nicotine, I can't really speak to its nicotine content because I have been a smoker for years now and so I have lost sensitivity to it... I'd say give it another shot, smoke it slow, have a margarita and enjoy life...

Thanks Guys,

Rob

mfarre03
10-16-2012, 03:21 AM
Glad you liked it Rob, I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I first tried one. The pepper is very overwhelming at first but then settles down after about 10 minutes. I lit one of the second ones I ever tried and gave it to the wife to try...yeah, didn't go over real well, lol. I think the best part about the cigar is it's something different. If you like tabasco then you will love this smoke.

5newmans
10-16-2012, 05:27 AM
Nice review, I may have try one just to say I did.

Blak Smyth
10-16-2012, 07:37 AM
I smoked one a while back, gimmicy at best. Infused with habenero I think. Quality construction, why did they waste the hard work with infusion? At least I didn't buy a box of them, ahem MAC!!! :r

maninblack
10-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Still have one in my humi from Mac. Not sure I wanna smoke it.

10-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Still have one in my humi from Mac. Not sure I wanna smoke it.

come on, we can virtual herf and smoke em together

maninblack
10-16-2012, 01:07 PM
And pass out together.

poriggity
10-16-2012, 03:07 PM
I've smoked a couple, and actually really enjoy them. I gave my last one to a buddy last night while watching the chargers/broncos game last night, and he liked it too.. I guess we're wierd like that.

Robulous78
10-16-2012, 04:29 PM
I smoked one a while back, gimmicy at best. Infused with habenero I think. Quality construction, why did they waste the hard work with infusion? At least I didn't buy a box of them, ahem MAC!!! :r

I Agree that it is a bit Gimmicy, and yes they are infused but I believe its jalapeno, habenero would be way to strong to describe the pepper in this cigar in my opinion...

come on, we can virtual herf and smoke em together

There's an Idea... :tu

And pass out together.

LoL, Seriously Maninblack, I'm sure you could smoke this with no issues, unless you have a stomach ulcer or some other sensitivity to hot foods.

I've smoked a couple, and actually really enjoy them. I gave my last one to a buddy last night while watching the chargers/broncos game last night, and he liked it too.. I guess we're wierd like that.

I have to agree with Poriggity, This cigar is not for everyone, its a "one note song" of pepper for sure, so if that is not your thing, stay away...

Glad you liked it Rob, I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I first tried one. The pepper is very overwhelming at first but then settles down after about 10 minutes. I lit one of the second ones I ever tried and gave it to the wife to try...yeah, didn't go over real well, lol. I think the best part about the cigar is it's something different. If you like tabasco then you will love this smoke.

I have to say I agree most with this statement, It most certainly is different, and if you like tabasco you will probably like this cigar...

Thanks everyone for your comments and interest,

Rob