PDA

View Full Version : Bid & Destroy...

N2 GOLD
10-11-2012, 12:09 AM
So did anyone catch the first two shows??? It's a new REALITY show on Nat Geo. I call bull$h!t on their findings... Really, come on!!! There is NOWAY people on all these reality shows find all this stuff layiing around & worth all the $$$...

Robulous78
10-11-2012, 01:11 AM
Agreed Rico... I'd say 90% or more of reality TV is set up B.S. ... My parents went to Las Vegas last week and went to the Pawn Stars Pawn Shop, apparently it was closed for filming? I thought when we saw all the sales going on in the background it was just business as usual, apparently they are "by appointment only" on those days... Ha...!

N2 GOLD
10-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Agreed Rico... I'd say 90% or more of reality TV is set up B.S. ... My parents went to Las Vegas last week and went to the Pawn Stars Pawn Shop, apparently it was closed for filming? I thought when we saw all the sales going on in the background it was just business as usual, apparently they are "by appointment only" on those days... Ha...!

Agree, they can't have all that stuff just walk in off the street. Why take it to a Pawn shop when you can post it online & get what its worth.

sevans105
10-11-2012, 12:29 PM

The show itself is fascinating...the reality behind it, much less so.

Personally, I'm always amazed at how quickly all the experts rush down to look at whatever it is that is being pawned. Museum curator? Antique Firearms expert? Handwriting expert? Yeah. It's set up. It HAS to be. Still fun to see the cool stuff. Way better than watching Antique Roadshow. Same cool stuff...dry as old toast.