PDA

View Full Version : Clogged Blazer Little Buddy

ChicagoWhiteSox
10-09-2012, 09:41 AM
My Blazer Little Buddy has taken a sh!t on me. I bought this one last spring IIRC. If I can find my receipt from amazon, I can still be covered by the warranty I hope. Problem is I don't want to fight the bs with returning it and waiting for it to hopefully get fixed. Is there a way to fix a clogged lighter? By the way, I'm assuming it's clogged because I've purged, filled, and repeated a couple times and there is zero gas running through the damn thing. I press down to light and nothing. I use Vector fuel for the record, so it's not my fuel that's clogging. Any help would be great.

bobarian
10-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Try putting the fuel through the part where it lights. This will help purge any impurities or dust that has gotten into the top. :2

ChicagoWhiteSox
10-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Try putting the fuel through the part where it lights. This will help purge any impurities or dust that has gotten into the top. :2

Thanks Bob, we'll see what happens. This just really pisses me off because it's a Blazer. My cheapo lighters never die it seems.

Stevez
10-09-2012, 05:33 PM
I had the same thing and struggled with taking the time/headache to look on Amazon, print the receipt mail it in, etc. It was under warranty and they "fixed" it; however, the fix only lasted a week. Never sent it back the second time.

ChicagoWhiteSox
10-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Tried an air can to try and clear out the top..... Nothing. This thing is dead:td:td

bobarian
10-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Compressed air will only dislodge loose dirt or dust. Running fluid will dissolve any residue or stuck on bits. :2

icehog3
10-09-2012, 11:39 PM

Just fixed one of my old lighters doing this...Thanks Bob! :D

Pat1075
10-10-2012, 01:38 PM
I usually put rubbing alcohol on a pipe cleaner and clean off the jets. Then I hit it with the canned air. I find that this usually works pretty well.

ChicagoWhiteSox
10-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Compressed air will only dislodge loose dirt or dust. Running fluid will dissolve any residue or stuck on bits. :2

Bob, tried the fuel after the air can last night. It was still clogged last night, but before heading to work this morning I tried it again and it's clear now! I don't know if it needed a couple hours to rest or what, but this morning it's clear:D Thanks bro, fingers crossed it stays clear:tu

bobarian
10-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Glad it worked. Hope it lasts for you. :banger

icehog3
10-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Glad it worked. Hope it lasts for you. :banger

Yeah, mine's clogged again. :lr

bobarian
10-10-2012, 06:54 PM
:sl