PDA

View Full Version : Matches vs. lighter

Cville Cigar
10-02-2012, 07:27 PM
What is better to use? I've heard preferences for both. Currently, I use a butane lighter.
Thanks...

pnoon
10-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Neither is better.
Matter of preference.

icehog3
10-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Neither is better.
Matter of preference.

Bingo.

cjhalbrooks
10-02-2012, 07:33 PM
^ +1

I have to say the main reason i use a lighter is because i always seem to have "wind" problems. It's is all up to you. Also you could try cedar strips, some people like to light their cigar with strips of cedar.

Remo
10-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Some people say it's a taste thing...I am an ease of use guy, lighter goes easily into pocket and lights my cigars fast, wind whatever :tu

joeobx
10-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Lighter.......mom said I couldn't play with matches

markem
10-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Everyone knows that Cigar Aficionado is the place to go for the real deal. Not only should you use matches, but you should use 3. No matter whether or not you are right handed, the matches are held in the right hand and the cigar rotated at a constant speed in the left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOem4JswMCk

don't believe him, he does every cigar with this ritual. He just doesn't want us to feel overly inferior.

If you do not get a perfect burn or taste, you did not follow the steps properly, so go back and view again.

PearlS4
10-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Everyone knows that Cigar Aficionado is the place to go for the real deal. Not only should you use matches, but you should use 3. No matter whether or not you are right handed, the matches are held in the right hand and the cigar rotated at a constant speed in the left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOem4JswMCk

don't believe him, he does every cigar with this ritual. He just doesn't want us to feel overly inferior.

If you do not get a perfect burn or taste, you did not follow the steps properly, so go back and view again.

Lol, I thought that using Spanish cedar shavings obtained from the Southern Hemisphere and lit with a blessed candle was the preferred method. Me? I just use my butane torch.:D

markem
10-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Lol, I thought that using Spanish cedar shavings obtained from the Southern Hemisphere and lit with a blessed candle was the preferred method. Me? I just use my butane torch.:D

Well, sure, if you want to light your cigar the snooty way. :tu

PearlS4
10-03-2012, 05:10 PM
After watching the video above I feel like a true heathen! Cool vid though.

markem
10-03-2012, 05:13 PM
After watching the video above I feel like a true heathen! Cool vid though.

You should see the one where I light a Sir Winston off one of Peter's farts. Way cool :tu

pnoon
10-03-2012, 05:18 PM
You should see the one where I light a Sir Winston off one of Peter's farts. Way cool :tu

You rang?