PDA

View Full Version : A study from Berkeley raises new questions...

Thrak
10-02-2012, 05:00 PM
about tin foil hats!! :D

http://berkeley.intel-research.net/arahimi/helmet/

Using a $250,000 network analyser, we find that although on average all helmets attenuate invasive radio frequencies in either directions (either emanating from an outside source, or emanating from the cranium of the subject), certain frequencies are in fact greatly amplified. These amplified frequencies coincide with radio bands reserved for government use according to the Federal Communication Commission (FCC). Statistical evidence suggests the use of helmets may in fact enhance the government's invasive abilities. We speculate that the government may in fact have started the helmet craze for this reason.

:tf

Ogre
10-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Only in California!!!!

14holestogie
10-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Them sneaky bastages! ;)

Ogre
10-02-2012, 06:21 PM
What do you want to bet they got a GOVERNMENT GRANT for this study????

markem
10-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Only in California!!!!

:hm When did they move MIT to California?

Oh, I see, they moved it there during 2005 but have since moved it back. I see what you did there. An even bigger government plot!

cjhalbrooks
10-02-2012, 07:25 PM
I have two questions. 1st Can someone tell me the problems with the current design. I think i got that they don't repel for the most part. I kind of got lost on all the smarty talk.

2nd if the government did pay for this "much needed" test.... why can't i get a raise??

omowasu
10-02-2012, 07:48 PM
In theory from someone experienced in RF, the tinfoil hat would need to be grounded to disspate radio frequencies. If its not grounded, its essentially an antenna to the body! :D

I think the same theory went for metal underwire bras. Nowadays, they are almost all plastic underwires. Im not sure, I havent tried one on in a while... :r

markem
10-02-2012, 07:50 PM
2nd if the government did pay for this "much needed" test.... why can't i get a raise??

You clearly don't know much about the MIT Media Lab. :lr

MarkinAZ
10-02-2012, 08:47 PM
...good ol' Berzerkeley;)

sikk50
10-03-2012, 10:25 AM
According to these findings I need to stop wearing a helmet???

Seriously though, who in their RIGHT mind would fund this study??? Tom Cruise maybe?

dave
10-03-2012, 10:43 AM
You're all being duped! This is just part of the conspiracy.

http://zapatopi.net/blog/?post=200511112730.afdb_effectiveness

"The most important question raised by the Rahimi et al. study is: Should paranoids trust people working for an organization deeply involved in the Military-Industrial Complex? While Rahimi, the lead investigator whose site the paper is hosted on, is from MIT's EE and CS departments, the et al. (Ben Recht, Jason Taylor, and Noah Vawter) are from MIT's notorious Media Lab, which receives funding from DARPA [4] -- one of those government agencies they pretend to be concerned about. When it comes to mind control, they are hardly an unbiased party. That, combined with the aforementioned discrepancies and questionable procedures, makes their conclusions highly suspect."